Britain has no future, no jobs, no money and no hope

Well the script-writer of Life in Britain, that dreadful soap-opera, has decided to write down or out the current cast, economically to begin with, and truly and wholly later on.  This show is surely in its last episodes.

Face it, you are all third-rate as citizens, and will be treated as such.  What was supposed to be a true meritocracy has turned into a State run by Mephistopheles.  All you Dr Fausti out there who sold your souls to the Devil [Mrs Thatcher] 24 years ago on the promises of monetarism, that Devil has now come to collect his/her own.

Consider yourself lucky to have a job...

Consider yourself lucky to have a job to commute to, even with rail journeys at £1200 per year?  Well I don't.  My job has been rubbed out, downgraded, and dumbed-down.  I no longer enjoy working anymore anyway.  The interests I had at the start have all since been removed by remote, accountant managers and masters who seek only ridiculously measured and meaningless goals, and who have turned the job into a mental, tortuous, grueling nothing.

A fish market... Governments and corporations are now like corrupt religions.  We are all awaiting a dissolution of the Monastery.  Who will rid us of these troublesome priests?  Off with their heads: they are all traitors to the cause.

In 50 years from now the Oligarch of Hong Kong will buy up this land lock-stock and barrel to use as a waste dump for toxic materials.

As for the rest of Europe, it will put up an ecological barrier to separate their green and pleasant lands from this barren, sterile wilderness.  That's the future in store for GREAT Britain!

By: Suds

lucky

lucky

no hope in the country society is fractured beyond repair
lucky

Dave

Dave

Bulldog, you are an insult to intelligence. Stop watching moronic sensationalist rubbish that leads you to blunt, and woefully misguided notions. Stick to picture books...
Dave
3rd Nov 14 04:11

Bulldog

Bulldog

'Bedroom tax' to be abolished as Coalition is rocked by Lib Dem-Labour alliance
ITS TIME TO VOTE DAVID OUT & Iian Duncan smith out with his bunch if toffs !
Bulldog

Bulldog

Bulldog

We must say No
No more poles , Romanians , Bulgarians , Albanian & Kosovans !
You only need to watch the news , crime is up as a result of our easy way in system !

These groups don't come here to work - only do crime !

David should be asked to leave No 10
Bulldog

boblet

boblet

Please forgive me nick I wasn't sure how to spell CodsWallop.
boblet

Nick

Nick

Yeah all jobs are going to India and China because Brits are just too expensive to hire. Let me paint a picture of this country in the future for you: nobody has a job; everyone gets up in the morning and walks his/her dogs; bins are not collected for weeks; rubbish is everywhere; gangs and chavs roam the streets.
Nick

Andy

Andy

I'm not sure about working in Canada but Australia is a good place to go - lots of jobs, much better pay and AUD is a strong currency. Weather is much better, too!
Andy

Maple Leaf

Maple Leaf

I am a Canadian citizen living in the UK since the 1960s, brought here by my English mother following her divorce in Canada. I have thought of going to live in Canada but it helps enormously if you have contacts there to help you get a foothold. Also, I've no funds so I don't think turning up in a new country with nothing is sensible. I did take to looking for jobs in British Columbia a while back. I actually applied for a position in Parks & Gardens, but you know what? I think they thought my application from Britain was a joke!

I also think the grass always looks greener elsewhere. I suppose if somehow I could cultivate a friend or two across the water it would help...
Maple Leaf

miserablemoaninggit

miserablemoaninggit

ahforfoulkessake, I completely agree with you. However, you are younger than me and I strongly suggest that your relative youth does not preclude you from your own advice.

Get out whilst you can!
miserablemoaninggit

ahforfoulkessake

ahforfoulkessake

I am a youngish man of 28 and I remember seeing a documentary on the 1970s on bbc4 last year or the year before with that old PM Callaghan saying that if he were a young man he would emigrate.
I agree that it's even more true today but would you get a politician, one who can actually see the gulf between opportunities for those born well-off and the rest of us, actually admit it in public?
I somehow doubt it.
My advice to anyone who is younger than me or wishes to change careers is this:
go to college, learn a trade and get your certs and then go to Canada.
Many of my brother-in-law's friends from Ireland have done so.
ahforfoulkessake

Nick

Nick

Well yours is a pretty sharp gripe and quite a claim, too. But I agree with you. This country is DOOMED! Let me paint a picture od this country's future for you: nobody has a job; everyone goes out walking dogs; parks are overgrown; dog poo is everywhere on the streets; bins are full no collection; rubbish is everywhere.
Nick

Concerned of North West London

Concerned of North West London

I am scared. Very scared! Today I got on the Jubilee Line tube at Finchley Road Tube Station at around about 11am. Sitting in front of me was a person of Islamic Asian extraction, aged about 30 years old. He had a jacket with a large hood covering his head, and was wearing sun-glasses (what for? the weather was horribly overcast, and we were underground.) He had a large bag full of gear. This person scared me to death. What would you do? I personally got off the train.

Why was he not stopped from getting on the train? Why is aperosna allowed to travel the London underground system "anonymously" particularly after the 7/7 bombings?
Concerned of North West London
21st May 13 03:05

boblet

boblet

I agree with a lot of what is being said. However my faith in Britain is still strong it lays with the ordinary Brit. The Fitter. Chippy. Spark. Tin Basher. Spread. Brickie. I realise I am using terminology but just maybe the none manual people of modern Britain will not run away from it like Thatcher.
boblet

Mia the Cat

Mia the Cat

These are sentiments I also agree with, but is it really going to change anything come a general election? I doubt it because the majority of people, even while agitated or angry, are simply asleep. Political rhetoric sways many voters who think they can make a difference in the ballot box but they cannot. There needs to be a radical shift. And come to think of that, whatever happened to the promise that proportional representation would be given a fair crack? More lies and waffle. Hissssss!!!!!
Mia the Cat

Jethro

Jethro

MMG, I would have been proud if I also could have so eloquently expressed my feelings, as in your last post. Most Brits are sick to their back teeth of the way this country is going and are not prepared to put up with it, the lies,deceit and sheer greed from those at the very top must be stopped, and as I have said, it can only be done through the ballot box. Today, 100 MP's who are fearfull for their jobs are to vote for a new written law on a referendum on the EU. This was the effect of so many voting UKIP and their growing support.
Jethro