Recent comments

comanche

If you go to the Ombudsman with definitive proof of TTs failure to provide the promised service they only suggest to TT that they compensate you (not very well) for your trouble. They WILL NOT state that TT are in breach of contract even though they definitely are. Fancy not even being able to trust the Ombudsman. A pussy cat with no teeth or claws.
20th Aug 18 12:01 - Talk Talk and their very poor

Billy

TIMESHARE SCAM
20th Aug 18 11:29 - 'You've won a free holiday' - how

VerdiLowe

Well said, on the nail.
I’ve made many sensible cogent researched comments totally relevant to discussion..
Never published one.
Stopped reading Daily Mail.
The Sun publishes most comments..
Interestingly the Mail is very contradictory..
Suggest we all avoid this Super Rich Elitist Rag ?
19th Aug 18 19:03 - Discussion forum censorship on The

Dana

Totally agree with what is mentioned below by many of you here. I ve noticed that the DM blocks most of my comments on politics, Soros, refugees, islam. Even if I state facts and comment on articles the DM writes about poltics in my country (I m not British) these are in most cases not published. They publish my comments on fashion and gossip articles, though. I m fed up with the DMs censorship and therefore have stopped reading their articles and spending time on their website by writing or reading comments. The less time I spend on their website the more time I have for reading websites that allow their readership to comment. If people block the DM from their lives like the DM blocks their readers from commenting on their articles the DM will finally feel the consequences.
19th Aug 18 13:20 - Discussion forum censorship on The

GOM, Us older folks are more aware of the decline in todays society. In our youth we were not subjected to the pressures of modern living, over crowding, mass commercialization, pressures put on the young to get into debt in order to compete with friends and neighbours, ( I think everybody knows what I mean). The pace of living is hectic, rush here, rush there, buy this, buy that. Every living creature has a time life span, if it cannot adapt then it becomes extinct. By all the evidience of todays human behaviour we don't have long on this planet.
19th Aug 18 10:38 - Get on the soapbox

Simon

The Daily Mail does not allow comments on many articles to do with the Middle East which it disagrees with politically, so that is censorship. I will no longer bother to read it as the standard of journalism has declined in recent times, and publishes tedious stuff like spats between car drivers and cyclists. It has become increasingly childish and intolerant of dissenting views.
18th Aug 18 23:22 - Discussion forum censorship on The

Lucy

I am a Receptionist in a GP surgery. I always teat patients with respect as my philosophy us "treat others the way you would like them to treat you". Majority of patents are lovely.
Some other patients though are not prepared to wait, Drs run over cos when a patient is in a consultation they may need along chat and they cant be rushed. You are dealing with human beings so it's very hard to get itr
Right.
18th Aug 18 07:35 - Why are GP receptionists always so

Edwardian

Why is it that the Daily Mail not allow comments on many articles? One can almost foretell which ones.
17th Aug 18 23:35 - Discussion forum censorship on The

NOTPC

Women and horses its a freudian sexual imagery thing!!! Thats why in the past a 'gentlewoman' would always ride side saddle to avoid inadvertantly breaking her hymen and therefore not technically being a virgin on her wedding night.
The imagery related to a 'strong, muscular, powerful, beast between ones thighs', its just fifty shades of grey all over again. Horses should not be enslaved, domesticated and 'broken' kept isolated from the herd.
They think they are horse-lovers, taking care of the poor beasts they are just slaveowners and concentration guards for what should be wild untethered herds.
To say the dung is risk free is also nonsense, very many people have severe reactions to horse fly bites, and who is to say a horse is healthy and therefore its dung is healthy.
I live near dartmoor where we don't have a big problem with horse theft, but with people dumping horses and foals to starve on the moor when they have no more money to feed them.
17th Aug 18 21:45 - Horse manure dumped on the path

grumpyoldwoman

Oops, typo. Must get my eyes tested again!
17th Aug 18 17:43 - Get on the soapbox

grumpyoldwoman

Does anyone have any idea how people manage to book a holiday (over the net, not at a travel agent) when they can't spell the name of the hotel they are staying at, let alone the name of the restort they are going to? How do they even apply for a passport?

Come to think of it, how do people who are only semi-literate manage to afford several holidays a year? Benefits?
17th Aug 18 15:07 - Get on the soapbox

SpeedyCreedy2005

I totally agreed im a cyclist myself and the amount of that jump thought Red Traffic lights is diabolicall. Where I live in Stowmarket they do that All the time even busses fo it as well it ridiculous. They take chance and go through at last min. Come.
17th Aug 18 08:08 - Cyclists going through red traffic