Recent comments

murphy

We are completely overloaded with adverts on TV sick of it every 5mins .
23rd Jun 18 20:16 - Too many adverts on TV and radio

cheated

Started shopping in Next in the late 80s, still got a t-shirt, stopped buying polo shirts about 3 years ago, they would not last the summer. Now just looked at a pair of jeans that I've only worn on and off for 6 months and the are falling apart. Next are only trading on how good they used to be, the quality is not there anymore.
23rd Jun 18 15:20 - NEXT clothes quality not what it

Kenny (Site Admin)

It didn't arrive. Must have ordered from Amazon.
23rd Jun 18 15:00 - Riders try out Uniwheel, a

Berndot

I have had very similar experiences. I've had at least three "sorry you were not home" cards in the last six months when, in fact, there has been somebody in the house all along. I agree that the real reason is probably that the package was never in the postie's bag to begin with! I also have had the same "customer service" treatment. The last complaint I put in was yesterday. I went so far as to call them liars, both in connection with the card, and with the customer service. A part of the complaint form asks whether recompense (if any) shall be "goodwill" or otherwise. I can't see that Royal Mail treats their customers with goodwill, so why should I? I said I wanted monetary recompense for my time and fuel. Breath-holding is not a skill of mine ....

Legally, though, is the postie committing the offence of interfering with Her Majesty's mail? I think he/she is and will have no hesitation about mentioning this should so-called customers services ever get around to dealing with my complaints!

On the opposite note, a postman called twice in one day to deliver something. Because of roadworks he had to visit our road a second time in order to get back to the sorting office and thought he'd try and deliver the package on that second visit. I was more than happy to "mention him in dispatches", he deserved a pat on the back.
23rd Jun 18 10:19 - Another Royal Mail 'Sorry, we

Tell It How It Is

Leave the country and forget your kids
22nd Jun 18 21:48 - Ex-wife knows how to play the CSA

rambo

The DM comments forum is censored by the moderators. There is no doubt about that. Even the threads that are marked as unmoderated are subject to censorship. It is impossible to engage in a bilateral discussion of any kind because more often than not your response will not be published for some unknown reason. I believe that the problem here is the moderators rather than management. I think the management are largely incompetent and have no idea what is going on with their moderation staff. I recall one occasion when a moderator actually physically changed the content of one of my comments to give it a negative tone. The reason I knew that it had been changed was because by pure luck I had done a screen grab when I originally posted the comment. When I responded to this change by pointing it out the same moderator came back with a hostile and aggressive response. I called upon the services of the ombudsman and eventually received an apology from the DM. But it still goes on. There is also the practice of allocating fake green arrow numbers to comments that they favor to effectively pin it to the top of the "Best" sorted order. That happens a lot and it is so obvious. When you see comment that goes against the tone of every other comment that has allegedly had 10,000 green arrows click in an hour you have to be a dummy not to figure out what's going on. But that's just it. They think you ARE dummies.
22nd Jun 18 12:36 - Discussion forum censorship on The

JuriGagarin

Why are my items being thrown in my shopping cart?

At least ASDA and TESCO offer assistance, which I never accept.

ALDI = KWIKSAVE!
21st Jun 18 18:03 - Aldi checkout process is fast, but

speedy boy

I have UK land that cant get any services out of the land because the roots of four protected trees are in the way.
Why cant people have vital services because of protected tree roots
21st Jun 18 16:32 - Compensation for devaluation of

Goonerguy

I believe that the license fee should be scrapped until the BBC stop showing never-ending repeats i am forced to pay this fee to watch programs from several years ago
20th Jun 18 19:05 - BBC TV licence fee should be

A Guest to.

@ Gasworks, you have the perfect nickname.
18th Jun 18 21:16 - Mobile phone use on buses should be

gasworks

I find that buses are one place you CAN'T make a quiet fucking phone call - the fuckers are too noisy for that. A long while ago, I was on the 62 going to my antie Pat's and, as I was nearing Crocky (that's Croxteth for non-Liverpudlians) Park, I phoned to tell her this. At the time, I had a phone that you had to YELL down to make yourself fucking heard and it wasn't fucking helped by some coffin-dodger gegging in on the conversation - I practically told the old cunt to fuck off! I've also had some drivers have a go at me for swearing down the phone - I wouldn't fucking mind but I wasn't TALKING to them but they don't fucking care and they SHOULD because it's not them I'm fucking swearing at.

For those who don't like loud phone calls, then close your fucking ears! I remember overhearing some woman chatting on the phone about a surprise trip on the train somewhere...possibly London. I was quite excited for whoever was going on this trip but I said fuck all because it's not on to geg in on someone else's conversation...unless of course they're talking about you.

Fuck, if you ban phones on the bus then you may as well ban people from fucking LIVING!
18th Jun 18 17:10 - Mobile phone use on buses should be

grumpyoldwoman

I find this a bit odd. Yes, I have seen trashy looking stuff in Next over the last few years, but I have 5 pairs of their jeans and several tops that I've bought from them in the last 4 or 5 years and all of them wash and wear really well.

Mind you, I do look after my clothes, and wash and dry them properly. I do in fact also have clothes from Primark which seem to have lasted fairly well too!
18th Jun 18 08:29 - NEXT clothes quality not what it