Recent comments

Tat Fan

Sooo Annoying.

I was just trying to show a work colleague a bit of Tattoo Fixers, but I kept triggering adverts, 4 minutes at a time. Gave up and can't be bothered to try and show him again, so he won't start watching the program will he!!

F.Adverts. No wonder people use illegal streams to watch TV.
22nd Aug 17 01:08 - 4OD too many adverts and can't be

lola123kitty

Drs receptionist refused to book me an appointment with the Practice nurse although I gave her three days when I could attend. She said she could not book an appointment unless I told her what it was for!
21st Aug 17 01:08 - Difficulty getting a doctor's

gerry

i was told i would be live on the 16th of August nothing ! then i was told on the 18th still nothing,i called them a few times and i was passed onto three people who had no idea ..i will see ? but,i'm now thinking of going back to BT ..it was so stress full talking with these people especially as i got nowhere with them my advice avoid like the plague ..!
19th Aug 17 04:08 - Talk Talk and their very poor

Guestguest

They are super boring, cold and narrow minded people. The only ones who would be friendly to you are those form the mixed families, they at least have 2 different cultures in them and they grow up open minded. The white English are awful, the majority of them, they are so abrupt, shallow ughhhh and also they don't accept the fact that you as a froeigner can be doing a better job and then you are 3 times more qualified and have IQ.
16th Aug 17 04:08 - Why are English people so cold and

Railwayman

My experience matches yours almost exactly except that my shoes hadn't been worn at all and besides offering a totally inadequate £10.00 compensation the woman I spoke to in the Oxford branch this morning said that they had now moved production overseas because the English made shoes like mine were faulty. On the subject of Trading Standards I was advised at the Oxford office that they only work on prosecutions there and I was given a number to ring for advice elsewhere.
14th Aug 17 03:08 - Clarks shoes fell apart, what

NZpommy

You think £2 is expensive? ? I've just paid $10 for a small tin! I live in NZ and it's soo expensive over here. I'm pregnant and have been craving it! Would not think twice at paying £2! But I do remember the days it was 89p in home bargains
14th Aug 17 09:08 - Why is corned beef so expensive

lane

I am tired of so much sport on TV, and yes I hear you say it-I do switch it off. The athletics are just not interesting me and I can't see why summer TV is so poor. It is just lazy and money saving for the Beeb and other companies.
I don't mind sport just don't enjoy watching it on TV. I don't watch much mainstream TV anyway but sometimes like to sit down and watch the odd thing in the evening. Thankfully there is netflix, or a good book, or anything but football, athletics etc etc.........
13th Aug 17 04:08 - Too much football and sport on

grumpyoldwoman

I think a lot of people who complain about the metric system don't realise how easy it is. In the supermarket for example, if something is 54p per 100g then it's £5.40 for a kilo. Before metric you may have had 1oz for 1 shilling and 4 pence; if you wanted to work out how much a pound was you had to multiply by 16, remembering that there were 12 pence in a shilling.

At school I worked in SI units up to my O levels, then did A levels (maths & physics) in metric, so I had experience of both. Then we used to go camping in France most years when the boys were small (didn't want to get into debt paying for package holidays and didn't want to inflict 2 small children on other passengers on a plane, but that's another gripe!) and I got used to buying food in metric in the shops over there.

What I really love about it though is the fact that a cube of water measuring 10cm by 10cm is one litre and weighs one kilo. Such elegant simplicity!
13th Aug 17 11:08 - British Industry and the Metric

Via mobile

Don't forget the English bishop John Wilkins proposed an Imperialdecimalssystem 3 year before the French came up with metric. Too bad politician s never listened
12th Aug 17 09:08 - British Industry and the Metric

grumpyoldwoman

Something that is REALLY annoying me right now........

I want a lightweight showerproof jacket to wear in warm damp weather, which we do get a lot of now. Because it's for warm weather I'd like comfortable cotton lining to stop me getting - you know. Damp armpits. Then I'd expect the outer layer to be either treated cotton or a man-made fibre which are mostly water repellant. Makes sense to me. BUT not to the manufacturers of clothing it seems.

And just to make it worse, I've seen one on several websites which says 100% cotton. Whoopee I thought the first time I saw it. Then I read a bit further down the details. 100% cotton, lining 100% polyester. Now I'm finding others like this.

SO, you put the layer which absorbs water on the outside, and the layer which will keep out the water on the inside.....................
11th Aug 17 06:08 - Get on the soapbox

Chica

Rule 52 of the Highway Code states that horses MUST NOT walk on footpaths or pavements : this is not 'advisory'. By definition "MUST NOT" in the Highway Code means it is a criminal offence. It is becoming increasingly dangerous to ride horses on roads in the UK, which is why I stopped. Apart from the risk to rider /horse there is the risk of litigation with regard to injury to motorists/ pedestrians. As a rider, you must be aware that your horse has the potential to spook or shy, therefore, should your horse end up in the road you may have to prove that you did not know that your horse had the potential to do this......get where I'm going? As a lifelong horsewoman I'm appalled at the arrogant little 'Lucindas' riding insane horses on public roads. And this also goes for 'manure' on roads. BHS states that riders should clean up 'on driveways and public areas' , but neglects to add that allowing a horse to be on a pavement or footpath, let alone defaecate on it, s a criminal offence. End of. It's no excuse that it's 'a dangerous bend' etc, you knew that before you deliberately took your horse on it.
9th Aug 17 05:08 - Horse manure on public footpaths a

I know it's you 'James'.

A bit rich really when you consider India has a caste system which makes our class system look like the ultimate in equality. A culture of sex attacks on female tourists. Horrendous call centres and no end of bogus 'doctors' who don't even have a first aid certificate. It's good that we're leaving the EU. Let the deportations begin!
9th Aug 17 05:08 - Why are English people so cold and