Recent comments

Guest

@SusanBrown, Yep, know how you feel. What really makes me laugh is when I hear people who considers themselves to be well educated running down drug users as scum and a waste of space, only to find out they themselves smoke and are addicts to nicotine, which makes them drug addicts. Talk about calling the kettle black. ( which will soon be the colour of thier lungs)
15th Oct 18 10:50 - Time for a complete ban on smoking

Susanbrown

Sadly my hatred of smoking is making me a social outcast. Its at the point now where i will go nowhere near a place like a pub or where people can gather to smoke outside. Even if i stay inside the smoke inevitably drifts in through open doors. I cant even eat at a restaurant without my meal being ruined by one of the staff going for a quick fag out the back and their smoke being blown back in and making me feel sick. Walking up the high street is a constant barrage of smoke wafting in my face. I have to keep my rear windows permanently closed as the flat along from mine often hang out their window to smoke. Oh yeah, why on earth would they want it in their flat!.
I have every reason to hate it as i grew up living with my gran who slowly died a horrible cancerous death because of smoking. It didnt help that i was a teenage athlete at the time. I actually started smoking when i was 26 just to try and fit in. It eventually became too disgusting and i stopped so ive turned full circle and returned to how i've always felt about it. I can only pray that one day smoking will be eradicated from society but those prayers will not be answered I'm sure. Certainly not while there is the greed and corruption to lure people into addiction and make ciggy manufacturers their profits. S x
14th Oct 18 20:00 - Time for a complete ban on smoking

Robbo

The Metropolitan Police commissioner, has defended the actions of Sir Craig Mackey, her deputy, during the Westminster terror attack, insisting criticism of his failure to act or show leadership was “ignorant” and “wrong”.

Her name says it all, Caress a dick.
14th Oct 18 09:22 - Get on the soapbox

Under fire Met chief Sir Craig Mackey acted 'sensibly' by locking himself in his car during Westminster attack.

Well one must look after one's self, mustn't one. Just leave the rank and file to take the flack. Not to worry though, he's lost all respect from the rest of the serving police forces, I suspect he'll be taking early retirement with a big payoff soon.
12th Oct 18 14:50 - Get on the soapbox

mr price

Go with Plusnet much better, and all english speaking, talk talk ar starting to get greedy too, finding ways to put bills up, I am about to leave myself after 20 years they have no loyalty to customers they say they do but don't have. they are now starting to get competition from others.
11th Oct 18 16:02 - Talk Talk connection and phone line

Lainy

I have just moved house and ordered Sky home move as part of this. I had several gift cards on the kitchen work top totalling £120, when the engineer arrived I swiftly put these in a kitchen drawer so they were not easily accessible. I was certain he had not seen this. Although once the engineer had fitted the Sky and left I went into the drawer to see the gift cards had gone. I’ve searched high and low all over the house and in the bins and cannot find them anywhere. I’m convinced the engineer took these when I left the room. Can’t prove it though! Disappointed I’d been so trusting.
8th Oct 18 20:21 - My playstation was stolen by Sky TV

David

Alex, if you think there's nothing wrong with Autovacs then carry on. Most other people once they know what they are and what they do would rather not drink from them. You're not in the minority though, there are lots of people with low standards.
8th Oct 18 15:40 - Edinburgh's pubs have a dirty

GOW, If drivers kept to the speed limits they would not be "cash cows" in the first place and not so many would die on UK roads. Too many drivers think they know best and ignor the limits. But hay-ho, if people want to act this way and end up killing themselves no amout of Police or speed cameras will stop them. Dive slower and expect the unexpected.
7th Oct 18 13:46 - Aggressive drivers tailgating and

Hiccup

I paid £2.19 in Prezzo yesterday!
5th Oct 18 18:31 - Why is lime and soda so expensive

Philh

I have had two pairs of work boots I had bought as spares for use on my allotment. Neither pair ever got near my allotment. One pair, the soles started falling apart a few weeks after I bought them, with big chunks failing off. The second pair I bought new in the box a few years ago. I've stored them in a cool, airy place, not in the box. I've worn them a few times, a short walk to the pub. Last week the soles had turned sticky and again big chunks were falling off. My impression is these shoes' soles have been made using a dual-density PU material (not sure if hydrolysis is part of the name or an effect). It seems to me that after a period of time the material fails, and more so if the shoes are not regularly worn (would not most people store shoes they seldom wear?). It seems also there many shoes for sale on the net that have soles with this material.
5th Oct 18 17:09 - Clarks shoes fell apart, what

grumpyoldwoman

I said "I am making the distinction between drivers fined for breaking a speed limit which has been lowered as a money making exercise and those who drive dangerously and too fast for the conditions."

Try to understand this. You already understand that drivers are a cash cow, it's not a big leap in logic.
4th Oct 18 16:26 - Aggressive drivers tailgating and

Smug

"it would be better if the police were patrolling the streets and stopping crimes which actually have victims."
But that's what the traffic cops are doing, stopping speeding drivers breaking the law and thus protecting us against speeding crims. ( once caught your name is on record, and your money is in thier pockets).Whatever some people think the posted speed limits should be to suit their own beliefs (and habits) they are wrong, if they break the speed limits they will get targeted by said law enforcement. No matter how you feel about the current setup, thats the way it is, so live with it, the police are our friends, love them back.
4th Oct 18 16:07 - Aggressive drivers tailgating and