Get on the soapbox

There's lots of gripes on the site, but sometimes it's good to have a moan about everything in general and nothing in particular.

soap_box_speaker

Feel free to use this page to discuss anything at all including comments about the site and ideas to help improve it.

So what are you waiting for?

GOM, Us older folks are more aware of the decline in todays society. In our youth we were not subjected to the pressures of modern living, over crowding, mass commercialization, pressures put on the young to get into debt in order to compete with friends and neighbours, ( I think everybody knows what I mean). The pace of living is hectic, rush here, rush there, buy this, buy that. Every living creature has a time life span, if it cannot adapt then it becomes extinct. By all the evidience of todays human behaviour we don't have long on this planet.

grumpyoldwoman

Oops, typo. Must get my eyes tested again!

grumpyoldwoman

Does anyone have any idea how people manage to book a holiday (over the net, not at a travel agent) when they can't spell the name of the hotel they are staying at, let alone the name of the restort they are going to? How do they even apply for a passport?

Come to think of it, how do people who are only semi-literate manage to afford several holidays a year? Benefits?
grumpyoldwoman

Every time some government dept makes a cock up they always add in " we are learning lessons by this". Me thinks they are taking the Pee and use this well worn saying as a get out. Truth is, they will never learn, they are too thick, that's why they are public servants.
2nd Aug 18 15:48

Angela Merkel admits: We're going to miss UK after Brexit.

What she really meant was, "we'll miss your money you suckers"

Guest

Guest

Is planet Earth the only place living creatures exsist in the universe as some scientists suggest? Are we really all alone? Is there an after life? Will England win the world cup?or will I be at heathrow on Wednesday to greet them home. Questions,Questions, time for my coco.
Guest

grumpyoldwoman

Oh, how I hate busybodies!

I recently discovered that the moderators on another forum had been messing about with my account details without asking permission or explaining why. Their help team seemed unwilling or unable to tell my why and confused matters even more, until eventually coming up with an explanation which may or may not be true. If it is true and they had explained the problem to me in the first place I could have sorted it out in seconds without them having to do anything with my account! Of course, as they always do, the "help" person didn't read my replies properly either and answered questions I hadn't asked.

This particular forum has a section for airing complaints and suggestions, with a message at the top that someone from the company reads everything posted there, so I decided to put down there what had happened to me so that

1/ Anyone else in the same situation might have a clue as to what was going on and

2/ If someone in the company did read it they might handle the situation better in the future.

Then the busybodies came out in force!

Maybe I did this and forgot, maybe I didn't do that, I really should do this, I really shouldn't do that, I forgot I had a facebook account (really?), I imagined it, I registered details I know nothing about, what I think happened wasn't what really happened; and of course nobody from the company reads this. And of course they kept asking me the same questions, because like "help" people they don't read your posts properly.

Then when I explained that I had only put my tale there for the benefit of others, hadn't asked for any help, and didn't want to waste any more time as the problem was not of my making they all accused me of being rude! "We were only trying to help".

Grrrrrrrrr...........

Guest

Guest

This site really has attacted some very disturbed and wierd people Kenny, and as far as trying to understand what they are trying to communicate totally baffles me. Just goes to show how many unhappy souls there are around these days.
Guest

London stabbings: Amber Rudd says cuts to frontline policing not to blame for spate of gun and knife violence.

And there you have it, a Government that is totally out of touch with reality, but still talks cr4p. Tory or Labour and even the rest of the bunch have no idea and only live for the power and position. I'll bet they don't walk the streets of London after dark by themselves.

Guest

Guest

Kenny, A great deal of truth within this video, and as he said an element of blame lies with the way young people have been enticed into the problems we all see today concerning the millenials/young. But, nothing is going to change because the die has been cast in this world, it's dog eat dog, the human race are too greedy and self obsessed to change. Depressing I know, but talking and analyzing a problem is a far cry from solving it.
Guest

Kenny

Kenny

Guest - you'll probably find this video about Millennials in the workplace funny.

Kenny

GOW, They would not know what shame is, even if it bit them on the Ar5e. I wonder what clown in blue gave the order to arrest him in the first place, but there again, that is something they will keep all to themselves.

grumpyoldwoman

Fortunately common sense had prevailed in the case of Richard Osborn-Brooks and he has been released with no charge. Given that, as we now know, he was not just defending himself and his property but also his disabled wife, and the fact that Henry Vincent was on the police's "most wanted" list and known to be a career criminal from a family of career criminals one wonders what the police were thinking in arresting him in the first place.

His poor wife must have been terrified during the burglary, with one man upstairs looking for valuables while not knowing what was happening to her husband. For the police to compound that terror by taking him, her main carer, away and holding him for a day is unforgivable. The officers in question should hold their heads in shame.
grumpyoldwoman

I also have just read the same news report. And the police wonder why they are treated with such disrespect in ever increasing numbers by so many. If they get lucky they just might find the second scumbag, but you shouldn’t hold your breath.

grumpyoldwoman

I see that police in South London have arrested 78 year old man for "murder" following the death of one of 2 intruders to his home, in an area where there have been a lot of burglaries lately. The "victim" may have been stabbed with the screwdriver he brought with him.

It's nice to know that the boys in blue are still being tough on the victims of crime.