Get on the soapbox

There's lots of gripes on the site, but sometimes it's good to have a moan about everything in general and nothing in particular.

soap_box_speaker

Feel free to use this page to discuss anything at all including comments about the site and ideas to help improve it.

So what are you waiting for?

Jason

Apologies my earlier comment should read "if you are & not "if you ate"! My device has a mind of it's own!

@ LancashieLass
No don't think the highway code has changed to allow that kind of wreckless driving! Take care on the roads folks.

Jason

According to the BBC the PM is giving more money towards the border at Calais for policing & cctv etc & The touquet agreement will be renewed. This is nothing to do with the EU it is an agreement between the UK & France & so far so good! What I do object to is Macron suggesting that the UK should take more migrants from Calais? If you ate a genuine asylum seeker who is fleeing a war torn country your expected to claim asylum in the first safe border you cross & that is not the UK.Is it just me who is sick to death of Presidents & PM' s who forget the The Dublin Regulation? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

LancashieLass

LancashieLass

I was just wondering if the rules of our Highway Code has changed, because these days it seems to me that when cars approach a set of lights and they see them switch from Green to Amber rather than slow down in anticipation of the soon to be Red light, (which I assume still means stop!) they speed up, which consequently means that they will inevitably run through the red light in which they should be stopping for. It also seems to me that cameras are rendered useless and there is no deterrent for rude and bad drivers. Bearing in mind the other day when some Not Right deliberately ran a red light if I hadn't had my wits about me, I very nearly would have been the one to come off worse. What goes around comes around, because, the turd of a driver didn't get very far as the traffic was queuing and had to slam its brakes on.
LancashieLass

@ Next
Nooo! I live in a house! ROTFL! If you believe that the opposition is the NHS salvation then that is your belief & I have to respect that. There , can we leave it at that? I hate arguing & don't like offending anyone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jason

@ Jason, Perhaps your mum quit the NHS cause she saw just what the Tories were doing to it. And if you cannot see what they are doing you must be living in a cave.

grumpyoldwoman

grumpyoldwoman

It was in the papers yesterday that some banks are going to allow customers to share their banking details, including passwords, with other companies to allow the other companies to "analyse their spending patterns".

I know time goes quicker as you get older, but how did it get to be the 1st of April so quickly? I could have sworn Christmas was less than 3 weeks ago, and the weather is still like January.......
grumpyoldwoman

Jason

Nigel Farage & his second referendum rant. How Annoying!

@ Next
No I wasn't joking, I don't have private health care & my mom worked in the NHS before emigrating to Canada so she would know! I have no allegiance to any political party, just don't like pointing the finger!

grumpyoldwoman

grumpyoldwoman

So the parole board has decided to release John Worboys, who may have raped hundreds of women, after he has served about 9 years.

Still, it will free up a cell for another poor innocent young man who has had his life ruined after having a tryst with a young woman, who consented at the time but changed her mind a few months later, and in collusion with the police and cps will get him banged up.

I suppose Alison Saunders will see it as a result.
grumpyoldwoman

grumpyoldwoman

grumpyoldwoman

Who was it who presided over the disastrous GP contract which vastly increased their salaries while allowing them to opt out of providing evening and weekend cover? Of course, that didn't stretch the finances of the NHS while increasing the numbers of patients turning up at hospitals. No, of course not.

Then there was the open door for immigrants, remind me again, who was that? but of course, that didn't mean the NHS had more patients to deal with. No, really, it didn't.

Yeah.
grumpyoldwoman

@ Jason, You are either joking or you already have private health insurance. Just saying.

@Next
"Looks like the Tories long term plan to destroy the NHS is finally coming to fruition"

Has there ever been a period when the NHS has never had problems? Even under a Labour Govt? Wasn't aware "destroying the NHS" was ever a Tory policy! (Just Saying)
Jason

Colemans mustard of Norwich closes after 160 years. Yet more proof that Norfolk is the backside of the UK. The only growth area is OAP's , retired, unemployed, immigrants, and benefit seekers. Off shore support and wind farm firms in Great Yarmouth are at present the only growth areas for highly skilled people employed from outside of this area, but these firms won't last as these firm redeploy.This is why the present and past Governments have ignored Norfolk.

Looks like the Tories long term plan to destroy the NHS is finally coming to fruition. Private health companies are shaking with excitement. Start saving for your private health insurance because thats the only way you will get medical help in the future. OR MAYBE, you will all be forced to pay exorbitant Nat ins contributions. This is what happens when there are too many people all growing older and getting sicker, modern medical advancments are wonderful aren't they.

Kenny

Kenny

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone. Let's hope this one is a good one!
Kenny