Get on the soapbox

There's lots of gripes on the site, but sometimes it's good to have a moan about everything in general and nothing in particular.

soap_box_speaker

Feel free to use this page to discuss anything at all including comments about the site and ideas to help improve it.

So what are you waiting for?

Kenny

Hi Boblet, send me the login details you're using and I'll check it out.
22nd Jun 17 10:06

Ex user

Ex user

Boblet, you of all people should know better that "flogging a dead donkey". Move on to new pastures.
Ex user
21st Jun 17 09:06

boblet

It is me again every once in awhile I harken back to the days of the Weekly gripe that I remember and post another gripe for nostalgia. I do not understand all this face book & twitter.

No luck I still receive a solid red bar. Maybe it is Kenny taking the piss.

A solid red bar appears

I

boblet

I felt I must make an effort to comment on this important polling day. I am an abstainer normally. I refuse to vote selfishly. I refuse to say prayers for my personal benefit. I am also working class man. However, shall I vote today? and if so, for whom? that is the question. I would say at this juncture I disliked Thatcher, believing her to be both dishonest & selfish, but she would be perfect against the French & Germans to negotiate our Brexit. Theresa May is the second woman to hold the post of P.M. A canvasser has just walked passed my window. "Flash" I have just made my mind up. I will put party politics to one side and vote for Theresa. As a Christian woman she ticks the important box's. Religion, Honesty & Stubbornness, traits required at this point in time.

I tried again but had to go through the moderated gate with the above comment.

Kenny

Hi Boblet, It should post straight away if you're signed in. Let me know if you're having problems signing in.

Kenny am I blocked?

Jason

Jason

General Election 2017 . If Labour win this election i will sell my house & immigrate.
Jason
1st Jun 17 04:06

boblet

Have just tried to post a gripe. I left my nickname. I dotted yourself. I clicked I was not a robot. received a green tick. Clicked submit comment. Nothing happened. Please advise Kenny? I have dotted Guest to post this comment.
1st Jun 17 01:06

Kenny

For me this is the comment that says it all :

"Updating your computer if you're an individual is a piece of cake, but for a network the size of Britain's National Health Service? Tough - time-consuming, expensive and complex. For a company like Microsoft to say it won't keep those systems safe unless they shell out more money, then that in itself is something of a ransom."

Organisations such as the NHS move very slowly, they only just rolled out Windows 7 last year where I worked. Their IT departments are so bogged down with bureaucracy it's inevitable they will be caught with their trousers down!

grumpyoldwoman

grumpyoldwoman

Due to the cyber attack on the NHS vital operations have been cancelled and patients have been turned away from A&E departments and GP surgeries.

Is it me or is there something very wrong with this scenario?

To become reliant on computers to this extent is negligent to say the least.
grumpyoldwoman

Jason

Jason

Owen Jones the political activist & Guardian columnist. I have to turn the channel over or risk throwing a heavy item at my tv screen every time he appears on a political news discussion. No wonder he removed himself from social media recently, i'm not surprised people feel the need to vent their "anger" at him! His latest attempt to sway the electorate in the Election will no doubt have the trolls trolling. I find him so arrogant & wish he'd just stick to posting his Cat fondling videos on Youtube!
Jason

grumpyoldwoman

grumpyoldwoman

What is "whinning" anyway? Is it a weird combination of whining and winning, someone who moans even when they've won?
grumpyoldwoman

Kenny

"He needs as many people interacting with this site as possible to keep his sponsership going, so stop whinning GOW."

That's maybe how things work on Faecesbook, but not here.

The big red ticker

The big red ticker

" Kenny can you block him". last thing he'd do. He needs as many people interacting with this site as possible to keep his sponsership going, so stop whinning GOW.
The big red ticker