Get on the soapbox

There's lots of gripes on the site, but sometimes it's good to have a moan about everything in general and nothing in particular.

soap_box_speaker

Feel free to use this page to discuss anything at all including comments about the site and ideas to help improve it.

So what are you waiting for?

London stabbings: Amber Rudd says cuts to frontline policing not to blame for spate of gun and knife violence.

And there you have it, a Government that is totally out of touch with reality, but still talks cr4p. Tory or Labour and even the rest of the bunch have no idea and only live for the power and position. I'll bet they don't walk the streets of London after dark by themselves.

Guest

Guest

Kenny, A great deal of truth within this video, and as he said an element of blame lies with the way young people have been enticed into the problems we all see today concerning the millenials/young. But, nothing is going to change because the die has been cast in this world, it's dog eat dog, the human race are too greedy and self obsessed to change. Depressing I know, but talking and analyzing a problem is a far cry from solving it.
Guest

Kenny

Kenny

Guest - you'll probably find this video about Millennials in the workplace funny.

Kenny

GOW, They would not know what shame is, even if it bit them on the Ar5e. I wonder what clown in blue gave the order to arrest him in the first place, but there again, that is something they will keep all to themselves.

grumpyoldwoman

Fortunately common sense had prevailed in the case of Richard Osborn-Brooks and he has been released with no charge. Given that, as we now know, he was not just defending himself and his property but also his disabled wife, and the fact that Henry Vincent was on the police's "most wanted" list and known to be a career criminal from a family of career criminals one wonders what the police were thinking in arresting him in the first place.

His poor wife must have been terrified during the burglary, with one man upstairs looking for valuables while not knowing what was happening to her husband. For the police to compound that terror by taking him, her main carer, away and holding him for a day is unforgivable. The officers in question should hold their heads in shame.
grumpyoldwoman

I also have just read the same news report. And the police wonder why they are treated with such disrespect in ever increasing numbers by so many. If they get lucky they just might find the second scumbag, but you shouldn’t hold your breath.

grumpyoldwoman

I see that police in South London have arrested 78 year old man for "murder" following the death of one of 2 intruders to his home, in an area where there have been a lot of burglaries lately. The "victim" may have been stabbed with the screwdriver he brought with him.

It's nice to know that the boys in blue are still being tough on the victims of crime.

grumpyoldwoman

I finally got an appointment for Mum!

On Friday I rang and was told they were waiting to hear from the consultant's secretary. Yesterday I spoke to her and she gave me chapter & verse of the email she'd sent on Friday afternoon, so I rang the booking line. There was nobody there because of the snow.

Rang this morning; because no-one could get through yesterday there was a backlog and I was 14th in the queue. Tried again a while ago and was only 3rd, so I hung on. FINALLY they had the request from the consultant, so I was able to book an appointment. Friday at our nearest hospital.

No apologies or explanations of course.

Guest

Guest

" We will never own a house, we can't afford the deposit"

Back in the 70's 80's we had to pay a mortgage rate of 17%, we didn't buy showy cars/holidays abroard/flashy trinkets and meals out, No, most of us struggled and had several jobs with very long hours to get by and still raised a family. We were single minded about owning a home and made do without to achive our dream, which seems lacking by todays standards cause it seems the younger generation wants everything now, now, now.
Guest

"If they think it's bad now just wait until BREXIT happens and BOE interest rates start to increase".

The Bank of England has already started to increase rates, Brexit will only push those rates up even further. Households that are living on the edge now are heading for big problems if they refuse to take control of their finances and cut their borrowing.

C.A.B

C.A.B

Householders may be 'in too deep' over debt, says FCA.
Debt is back at financial crisis levels: Households are taking risks watchdog warns, as car finance defaults rise.
Household debt: Significant number are 'in too deep' when it comes to borrowing, regulators warns

If they think it's bad now just wait until BREXIT happens and BOE interest rates start to increase.
But the British people still ignor the warning signs that are there for all to see!
C.A.B

grumpyoldwoman

I'm currently trying to book a hospital appointment for a scan for my Mum (elderly and going deaf) after taking her to see a consultant last week on the 6th. We were given a number to ring to book it and told to wait 48 hrs for her details to be sent to the booking department.

I rang on Thursday the 8th, first time "we are very busy at the moment, try calling later". Tried again, still very busy, I was about 9th in queue. Gave up and called later, got through, "no details come though yet, try again tomorrow". Tried on Friday, waited on hold for several minutes, then got an answer, Mum's details still not got to them, "try Monday".

Rang again Monday, at the second attempt (first time was too far down the queue) I waited on hold for several minutes, then got message saying as I'd been waiting so long they would put me through to another number to leave a voicemail. Got transferred, got cut off. Tried again later, still no details, "try ringing consultant's secretary". Gave me the number, I rang her, she said she would send Mum's deatils over again.

Gave it until today to try ringing again, rang this morning and got a message saying the system was down. Rang again a while ago, waited on hold for a few minutes, Mum's details still not there, so they have got lost again. I explained that I'd already spent about an hour hanging on the phone trying to book the scan. They are going to chase it up and hopefully ring me this time, (if they don't lose the bit of paper with my number on it, presumably).

What do all the "administrative staff" working in hospitals do all day? Play computer games, tweet, or update their farcebook pages? The words booze up and brewery come to mind.

Jason

Jason

Brexit. Continuing from my last post. The EU have issued their draft guideline on our future relationship. Soon all the rhetoric will be over a deal will be negotiated (Bespoke or not) including financial services. We will be a sovereign Country (AGAIN) & as the PM has said "Life will be different" & as I say to all those remainers who complain "But we'll be considered a Third Country to the EU" My mum lives in a third country( Canada ) & guess what? third countries are Awesome out of the EU! Looking like the PM's speech last week has made the rebels less rebellious so hopefully now the customs union options won't get through parliament.
Jason

Jason

Jason

Brexit,
2 former PM' s insulting the public with their latest rants. Blair wants to reform the EU to change immigration rules in the hope that it will get a 2nd referendum & people will change their minds about leaving. Major wants something similar with the same end result. I'm genuinely concerned that my vote to leave along with the other 17.4 million will be overturned by rebel MP's & parliament. I don't know what hard or soft Brexit is. I voted to LEAVE the EU in it's entirety not to end up like the Swiss & Norwegians!
Jason
1st Mar 18 07:03

The all new Nissan electric LEAF car, as advertised on telly " One pedal to accelerate and one pedal to slow down" Nice wording Nissan, you could have saved time by just saying " It's got a brake too" Or am I missing something here?