10 comments Add a comment
My top ten gripes, in no particular order I guess - just wondering if these things bother only me, or if there are fellow grumpies out there who agree with me?
10. People who seem to think that letting their muddy/aggressive dogs jump on me is funny/cute, and if I complain, then I am the problem - No, you need to train your dog.
9. Colleagues who come to work with illness to spread around. - Stay home until you are better!
8. Relatives who still give me useless presents after I asked everyone to not give me anything anymore (to avoid collecting too much useless stuff). - Now everything goes straight into a charity shop bag.
7. Buskers with amplified music so loud I can hear it through my headphones (and over System of a Down, which is not easy to do!)
6. News programmes that say "coming up next...." How do you know what's coming up next? It's supposed to be "the news" - meaning, "new" - doh!!
5. People who lean over me/in front of me in supermarket/shop, to reach something, without even acknowledging I am on this planet. - Rude!
4. Delivery people who leave my packages with neighbours I don't know and then don't leave me a card telling me where they have left it. - Luckily I have some honest neighbours.
3. Old or retired people and/or parents with buggies who shop and go to the bank on weekdays at lunchtime or on Saturdays, or who use the trains during rush hour. Why, why, why? You can go shopping or use the trains whenever you want, and the trains are cheaper off-peak! Why shop between 12 and 2 when it's crowded and hateful? I only do it because I have to. Stop making life even more miserable for working people please.
2. People who have no sense of personal space. - Empty beach and you come sit down 5 feet away (and I am not that attractive, really) - or empty railway platform and you come stand right next to me. Are you really that lonely? Be brave, be by yourself and stop crowding me!
Finally number 1. Retired neighbours who have to strim and cut the grass and weeds, or trim the hedge EVERY DAY because they have nothing else to do in their lives. Summer days off and weekends are the worst - I can never use my garden in peace and quiet. Honestly, find something else to do!
Thanks for listening. I doubt these things will ever change, and I may just be the grouchiest so-and-so on the planet, but would be nice to know I am not the only one who has noticed these things?
By: Oscar the Grouch