My playstation was stolen by Sky TV installers

I have had a dire time with Sky from the start.  After being informed they would arrive in the morning, the installers turned up after 3pm.  They then insisted that a 15 fee had to be paid to install wires, and if payment wasn't made, then they would have to come back another day and waste a whole day again.  Sky admitted these charges were bogus.

returned to the front room ... I then noticed the Playstation had gone

Two installers had arrived, and even though the website states it would take about half an hour to an hour for one installer to do the work, it took them 2 hours!  So two hours later they left and it was then I realised items were missing from the house, namely my playstation.  I know this for a fact because I had moved it away from the telly so they could get access.  When I returned to the front room, I tried Sky, which was working and flicked through the channels.  I then noticed the Playstation had gone.

This was 14 Months ago and Sky does not give a damn about this.  I have written letter after letter and tried to phone, but nothing has happened and these dodgy installers have clearly gotten away with it.  It pains me to read comments from ex-employees that installers have been known to steal items from customers.  I would like to know how many complaints of this nature Sky receive?

Playstation control SKY it would appear, could not care less about the theft of items from my property, in my own stupidity I remained customer, thinking that it would be easier to resolve the matter.  This was not the case.  When I cancelled, I received a patronising letter from Sky about their excellent customer services!  The only thing Sky have promised is that they would refund the costs of phone calls and postal costs - They then lost the receipts and bills I sent.

SKY is an absolute joke if anyone knows of similar incidents, please let me know as I believe that this isn't the only case.  Thankfully I have easily convinced many friends, family and frankly anyone who will listen, who were considering Sky, to not bother.

By: Barney

Steve

Steve

I had sky installed, wrongly . Had no WiFi for 10 months but they kept taking my money . If Cisas doesant sort it , I will be taking then straight to court , I’m 750+ out of pocket.
Steve

Maureen

Maureen

I recently had Sky Q installed, as I wanted multi room he had to go into my bedroom. He seemed very nice and took time explaining everything, but the day after I came to use my expensive perfume and it was gone, it did sit in full view near to the door, I only ever lifted the bottle out and left the box sitting in a wooden tidier, I only wear it when I go out and it's never used anywhere else other than my bedroom. Even though I know I haven't moved it, I have spent the last week searching everywhere-places I knew it wouldn't be. He is the only person who has been in my bedroom other than myself, I don't want to believe he took it, but I have no other explanation!
Maureen

Lainy

Lainy

I have just moved house and ordered Sky home move as part of this. I had several gift cards on the kitchen work top totalling £120, when the engineer arrived I swiftly put these in a kitchen drawer so they were not easily accessible. I was certain he had not seen this. Although once the engineer had fitted the Sky and left I went into the drawer to see the gift cards had gone. I’ve searched high and low all over the house and in the bins and cannot find them anywhere. I’m convinced the engineer took these when I left the room. Can’t prove it though! Disappointed I’d been so trusting.
Lainy

Marie

Marie

I had 2 sky engineer my box is in my room. One was in the living room and the other man was in my room.
Two necklaces are missing and they mean a lot to me. I have realised few days after, I was heartbroken and sky does not want to hear anything.
Marie

Leanneh

Leanneh

Hi barney the same has happened to me my daughters iPod touch and my eldest daughters Nokia 520 went missing! We live in Durham I have the engineers mobile number which I have contacted and had no reply from, I have no idea if I should contact the police?
Leanneh

horrible people

horrible people

It would be good to find out which area these dishonest people work, so to advise the police and Sky.
I had a gold bracelet made up from my grandmothers and my mothers engagement
rings (the only things I had left of theirs to remember them)It was in a bowl in my bedroom. The only person to go into that room was the Sky Engineer.
I noticed the following day that it had gone !
What do you do I was heartbroken.
horrible people

Scummy workers

Scummy workers

Have just had sky multiroom installed in two rooms. This evening my mum asked for her money pot of two pound coins there was over two hundred pound in this pot. I got the pot from her drawer and found that it was empty someone had stolen all her Christmas money! The sky installers have been the only two people that have entered our home that have not been known to us . we have asked family and friends if they have touched the money they all have said no as they know if they had needed the money we would have happily have given it to them so they had no reason to touch the money. Think it is absolutely disgusting that we let these men into our home and the have stolen from us! Makes me sick to my stomach that scum like this are allowed to work for a massive company! I know that not all of sky workers are like this but am absolutely disgusted that sky will not do anything to prosecute these thieves! Definitely going to be having sky uninstalled and will not be having anything to do with them in the future!!
Scummy workers
1st Dec 12 22:42

Fozzy

Fozzy

Sorry, second to last line should read "what I thought career"
Fozzy
2nd Jul 12 02:28

Fozzy

Fozzy

I was a sky sub-contracter for nearly 7 years, and it is disturbing to me that people think that all of the subcontractors are bad, because of one or two bad installs. I will tell you now that there are some of us who pride ourselves by doing good work. The problems that we used to encounter were sometime beyond belief, im not going to go into too much detail here, but customers would expect way, way too much for their "free" install, managers demanding that you "Just do it", for what 20 quid per install, oh and by the way most of the managers had the technical knowledege of a loaf of bread. Im sorry if you have had a sub-standard experience, but we are not all uneducated morons. When I first ventured out into this, what i though carre, we were well paid and well respected, that has changed, and im glad that i no longer work for thes companies that think they can mess with peoples livelyhood, and treat people like we are scum.
Fozzy
2nd Jul 12 02:16

i hate sky

i hate sky

yep i do.... i do... i do believe in a better service.and better customer care .maybe people who i can understand. who dont speak in broken english
i hate sky

Oi

Oi

Sky.

Believe In Better.

Altogether now, "I DO believe in better, that's why I won't have SKY"..
Oi

Boblet

Boblet

I Hate Sky. "Virgin" are the same, I will not go into detail, suffice to say my change of address triggered endless Rip Off payment requirements by "Virgin"
Boblet

i hate sky

i hate sky

sky customer service is a load of shit. idiots that havent a clue wat there doing.one idiot took my payment over the phone and said everythings fine the payment went through.5 days later channels went.i phoned them up and was told i had to make a payment in order to restore the channels..i explained that i had paid the bill.he said that my payment went in for nxt months payment.i told him i wanted this months (april) payment paid in not the following month(may) they wouldent sort the problem out.so basically they wanted 2 months payment.thats plain extortion.im not saying every rep is an idiot but everyone ive dealt with is.the only decent person ive dealt with is a guy called shannon.
and yes i have heard of stuff going missing after sky has been installed.i know of one case where a camera was taken.luckily enough the woman called the police straight away after the installers left.the camera was found in the van.all installers arnt like that though most ive dealt with a grand.the people i have a problem with sky centre
i hate sky

minnie_me

minnie_me

I have recently started working for a sky call centre, the management can only be summed up as ridiculous. The staff do not care about the customers needs yet sky are quick to mention all tehir u-switch awards. I have not heard about any thefts yet but to be honest, I am not at all surprised. The way in which sky customers are dealt with are dire. I wanted to refund a gentleman for a bank cost incurred due to a sky error, I was told by management no way . I felt it was completely unfair as I would expect reimbursment if I were in that position. The customer is always left to ring up, sky staff are never told to look into anything that flags up. I cannot believe nothing was done for your bogus charge and theft of playstation. I would complain to offcom and again by writing to sky customer services.
minnie_me

Paul Davy

Paul Davy

Im and ex installer for sky as a subcontractor and I have NEVER taken items from a customers house so how dare u tar all installers with the same brush! yes you had a brad crew come into your home and abuse the rights they where there for but this doesnt mean sky in general is all bad please learn with any trust there is risk no matter the plan or nature
Paul Davy