Dole scroungers living the life of Riley

Hello Everyone, I would like to share with you my thoughts about the idle dole scroungers in this country.  I for one, am fed up to the back teeth with the way things are and how some people can have an easy life doing nothing whilst others make all the effort and work hard.

I own and run a small shop and work around 50 hours a week.  I am very lucky to own my own flat (outright) bought by hard work and saving since I was 16.  This is in complete contrast to my upstairs neighbour.  He is at least 20 years younger than me and in the three years he has lived in the flat upstairs he has never worked.  The flat has broken windows, he sits outside the front of the property drinking all day, and the garden is an absolute rubbish tip (you get the idea).

Yesterday he mentioned to me (as I was going to work!) that the council has cut his housing benefit by £15 per week and he did not know how he was going to manage (such a shame).  He then said he wants to look for a job, but nothing pays anything like what he gets in benefits so what was the point in working.

Fed up paying for dole scroungers I earn just over £200 week from my own business, (this works out at around £4 per hour, well below minimum wage) and I honesty wonder whether it is worth working any more sometimes myself as my neighbour gets almost all of his rent paid in full, his council tax paid and claims disability benefit (for alcoholism?).  So pound for pound this dole scrounger upstairs is far better off than me!  Is this really fair?

I often see him getting in late at night after having been out drinking, getting out of a taxi no less!  My work van is 10 years old with 150,000 miles on the clock and I cannot afford to take a taxi to the post office never mind go out on for a night of drinking.

Is it just me or is anyone else fed up of working long hours with little in return whilst others seem to have a great life and yet contribute nothing to society?  The thing that tops it all off is that due to the way this man lives his life and the complete lack of upkeep of his 'free' property, if I did want to sell my home no one in their right mind would want to buy it!  He has in effect made my flat completely worthless which means I have worked all of these years for NOTHING!  I am sick and fed up of working hard for very little return when its all laid out on plate for the dole scroungers!

Comments are welcome.

Regards

Dave

Haydock Park: Mass brawl among 50 spectators

Pikey UK, but then again, what do you expect from a country desending into choas and anarchy!

jugde

jugde

o my its a hard life it you are not happy go on the dole and piss your life a way
jugde

Jacko

Jacko

I totally agree with you makes me feel so angry when bone idol people who have never worked seem to get the best of everything.
There's a man who lives in my street who goes abroad twice a year on holiday all inclusive two weeks a time!! That's a months holiday per year!!!!
And he's never worked!!
Jacko
2nd Mar 17 18:13

Petra

Petra

It should have read "defray THE costs of disability or long term illness"

That will teach me - instant kharma...
Petra

Petra

Petra

"Grafter"

" I have to deal with losers asking for letters to support their pip claims. they claim they can't work as they are stressed depressed anxious"

If you genuinely provide letters to people trying to claim Pip then you would know that it helps to defray to costs of disability or long term illness; it has nothing to do with whether the claimant works or not. Many recipients do work and pay tax.

Can you tell us in what professional capacity you provide this support? Are you perhaps a doctor, occupational therapist or social worker?

I am wondering if, when you prepare your professional report, you remember what a proper sentence looks like. You remember, those little things arranged in paragraphs and with capital letters starting the bits that follow a full stop.

I am not a grammar Nazi and would never normally dream of picking someone up on how they write their post, but I don't like liars or those who look down on sick or disabled people as beneath them.
Petra

grafter

grafter

I agree. I have to deal with losers asking for letters to support their pip claims. they claim they can't work as they are stressed depressed anxious. the latest is agoraphobia. I have had cancer. lost my husband work part time and have a small pension. the government are quick to make us baby boomers work until we drop to save paying our old age pension which most of us have worked for. but they are not do quick to deal with the real problem of idle layabouts who seem to think it is their right to the same standard of living as those that work. I know that a good dealer of these idle devils find money to drink smoke run a car go on holiday and have the top of range smart phones and top tv packages. most of those that claim agoraphobia seem to manage to get to the pub and shops okay. the only phobia that most of the lazy devils suffer from is a phobia to work. while we workers are scraping the ice off the car in the mornings the culprits in question have a nice lie in! what fools we are governed by. and the unfairness of it all but these scroungers rely on these handouts but hopefully these will come to an end in time. i know many that claim to have a mental illness and cant possibly work but they can be found on facebook boasting about their foreign holidays and partying . young girls are making a career out of having babies and find they can't cope. the old saying. only fool's and horses work. is very very true. I have always been very conscientious with work but now I can't see the point and I'm sure many more feel the same. benefits were put in place to feed and clothe those with genuine need and not as a right for those that are capable of working but expect all the privileges of those that do work. I'm sick of it. I hear those that pick up 26000 that they will struggle when it's cut. well i earn far less i own my own house I don't drink smoke or buy takeaways as i can't afford to. I have one holiday a year. my health is not great but at the end of the day I have self respect and pride in knowing that everything I own is through my hard work and not through handouts. these whinging scroungers sicken me. if they have children they get family allowance. I managed I didn't go abroad for years but we always had decent food and one week at the sea side.
grafter
3rd Jan 17 20:27

Twat

Twat

Blame the tories
Twat

lorrie

lorrie

i know just what you are saying, i moved into YET ANOTHER property that has dole dossers as a neighbour. they live on top of me they are up all night and sleep in the day.

Unfortunately no one will buy your property until the government and local councils changes its attitude to their housing policy. i suggest you write to your mp and the prime minister telling them how these dole dossers have affected your life.
lorrie
22nd Nov 15 16:33

Jay

Jay

You work 50 hrs a week for £200? That's not a business worth sticking with really is it? Why should you concern yourself with what 'Tom, Dick or Harry' is doing anyway? Whether they work or not, the Government will always find ways to spend your hard earned Tax how they see fit and there will always be a gripe as to how it's used. You're going to get Taxed either way, so why worry where it is or isn't going? It's not like if the unemployment rate suddenly dropped to zero, you'd be in a better position financially is it?

I work by the way, but there was a time during being made redundant that I did not and I do not see any luxuries at all in being on benefits of any kind. Why you'd be jealous of someone in that position is totally beyond me.

I think you're maybe just angry that despite your hrs of work, you are still left living amongst people who make the area look like a deprived neighbourhood. Invest your emotions and energy into moving or taking your business to a level where you are not so preoccupied with the lives of others. You cannot do something about somebody elses life but you have control over your own. If someone wants to drink their life away and neglect their personal appearance and garden, that's there problem, do not make it yours. If he suddenly turned his life around tomorrow and got a job and cleaned his garden, your life would remain the exact way it is now and you'd inevitably find another target to blame for the way things are but you're still going to get Taxed either way. It's just a pointless circle of wasted energy, seriously.
Jay

Dave

Dave

...so you suffer from low pay? Hmmm, well time to join the club I guess. But little tip: instead of blaming some individual who even if behaving fraudulently represents only 0.7% of benefits claimants (over 50% spent servicing pensions) and actually get angry with either a) the government for allowing wages and inflation to bottom out to the point your business is worthless or b) yourself for not studying hard enough to get a better job?! If your labour doesn't pay get skilled or go on benefits until it does, that's how the game works...
Dave
3rd Nov 14 16:29

Mr H

Mr H

There is talk if tories win the next election Ian Ducan smith will want all benefits put on prepaid cards. This is to ensure people only get essential items. I know how you feel I work 41 hours a week and get about £270 a week.
Mr H

Mr angry

Mr angry

Easy answer - no money, give em food stamps. These will give wholesome foodstuffs. No junk food no beer no fags. Enforced contraception via injection. Single mothers go into communal flats. No free cars for disability scroungers. Bring back the blue three wheelers. Enforced work such as litter picking. Enforced training for the thickos.
I know this sounds harsh but I'm fed up of working my nads off to pay for lazy b@stards who are a drain on this country's taxpayers
Mr angry

Bulldog

Bulldog

It's a simple fix ... No more houses for Eastern Europeans & stop all their benefits!
British companies to employ British first & Eastern Europeans only if their is a shortage ?
Any Eastern European doing fraud or any type of criminal activity send them home now ...
Bulldog
31st Aug 14 15:49

Stalag14

Stalag14

Private rented house, (O.A.P.) average market rent £125, plus rates.

LHA £95, (too large and too expensive) awarded by local council

Shortfall £30, to be paid by the OAP

This is a pensioner that I know of that lives near us............Fair? of course it isn't when Housing Assoc.seem to charge what they like for their cramped corridor living flats (£100+)
Stalag14

Stalag14

Stalag14

"No, LHA , with similar room restrictions to the "bedroom tax", was introduced for private tenants in 2008." Zanni

TRUE............. however before that someone in private rented housing could get (means tested) Housing Benefit.

Example: Prior to 2008, single person rents a house or flat off a private landlord, however if the house or flat was considered "too large" for your needs (too many bedrooms) the amount of Housing Benefit was reduced.

Example: awarded £100 in Housing Benefit, reduction for being too large £15,
(no fixed amount) so, as I said this "cut" has always applied to private rented housing.

On top of this if the housing was considered too expensive a further cut was made, (local rent level) which was set by the local council)

I am not trying to justify the "bedroom tax" just pointing out that many people have already been "put through the mill" for many years.
Stalag14