Unable to buy White Stilton cheese

Why am I not able to buy White Stilton at my local whitely store?  Thinking it was because there was no deli counter; I took myself to the nearest Tesco Extra, went to the deli counter and was told 'No because no one wants it'.

It seems ludicrous to me that I can buy White Stilton cheese with apricots or cranberries at either the deli or pre-packed and even rhubarb with champagne as pre-packed.  What's the point of duplicate items?  It seems you have lost sight of the basic cheese and filled your shelves knee deep in the others.  What happened to full choice especially at the deli counter?  Now I shall have to visit Salisbury's and while there do the rest of my shopping!

I've requested a basic White Stilton cheese over and over again at all my main supermarkets but to no avail.  I think this has more to do with the manufacturers trying to create a demand for the White Stilton blends instead.

Various cheeses - where can you buy basic white stilton? Personally I hate these blends - and I've tried a fair few in desperation!  There is nothing that can beat a basic White Stilton cheese served with fresh fruit.  I recently tried to purchase from a cheese manufacturer's website where they specialize in Stilton cheeses.  They produce White Stilton in various sizes and I thought I was onto a winner when I found they had an online shop for their cheeses.  Unfortunately they only sell their Blue Stilton’s and White Stilton blends here.  Aaaaargh!

By: Bella / Kathy

Ted

Ted

I have also been trying to buy plain White Stilton, I originally bought it from Sainsbury but they no longer stock it. I have tried all the main suoermarkets but all are out of stock.
Ted

Mon

Mon

I'm with you on this. My local Waitrose have stopped selling it. I tried a specialist cheese shop in Didsbury (Manchester) and they don't do plain white stilton either. It's one of the few cheeses that doesn't give me migraine - and I don't want apricots in it. I want to make a cheese omelette. So frustrating.
Mon
22nd Feb 19 17:31

Grumpy

Grumpy

I feel exactly the same. I would like just plain Stilton
Grumpy
23rd Dec 18 15:14

Nailer

Nailer

Sainsburys have stopped selling white Stilton. What's going on
Nailer

David Prissick

David Prissick

I stock white stilton on my deli counter in the Budgens in Woodhall spa. I agree that the flavoured cheeses are awful. I stock flavoured wensleydales as they are popular and it is a business but I just love the purity of unadulterated white stilton.
David Prissick
23rd Jan 12 20:59

Marymo

Marymo

totally agree with Bella/Kathy because we have had the same problem.. WHY?
Mary / Mike
Marymo
21st Jun 11 12:04

Digsy

Digsy

Bri, I cannot help wondering what you expect from a pork pie, should it send you to heaven and back?
Digsy

Bri

Bri

What a feast, white Stilton ,Russet apples and red wine. Sadly like hens teath (except for the wine) here in North Scotland.Can't get a good pork pie either.
Bri

Chris in Wilts

Chris in Wilts

I agree, it is VERY difficult to find white stilton. Every year I have the same problem. Last year my son who live in Cambridge got me some. It is really good with Christmas cake. I still hope to get some.
Chris in Wilts

MizzT

MizzT

I've been having the same problem. My stepdad loves white stilton and I thought I was doing well when the cheese stall on our local market had. Sadly it turned out to be Wendsleydale! However, I have just found the following site so I hope this solves all your white stilton seeking problems. But please don't all rush and order some straight away in case they sell out before I get my order in!
MizzT

Bear

Bear

I would love to know, like you, where I can buy unadulterated white stilton. I am looking for a mail order company since I've given up on supermarkets. If anyone out there can help I'll be so grateful! I will try approaching the blue stilton makers as someone suggests here
Bear
2nd Dec 10 10:36

soncie

soncie

Yes! A friend and I have been asking round for White Stilton, both at large supermarkets and specialised shops. No luck. Yet unadulterated White Stilton is such a joy. I wish my local Tesco would stock it.
soncie

Feta Feet

Feta Feet

I never buy cheese from a supermarket either. Only from farmer's markets and speciallist cheese shops.
Feta Feet

Margaret

Margaret

I agree with you but am pleased to say that I have recently been able to get it at the deli counter at Sainsbury's in Liverpool.
Margaret
22nd Mar 09 22:02

David

David

I have relatives in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and when I visit I can buy unadulterated white stilton at the local Sainsbury's. However when I try to buy it where I live in Surrey the local Sainsbury does not stock it. Why - who knows?
David