Talk Talk and their very poor customer service

Here's yet another Talk Talk gripe for you.  I don't think for a minute that we are the only ones who are seriously disappointed with their poor customer service.

After five months of phone calls and e-mails, I have still not had a sensible and productive conversation with anyone at Talk Talk.  I managed to get through to someone in Delhi today and I was then transferred a total of five times over the next hour.  Eventually I was transferred back to the customer service person I spoke to in the first place.  I wanted to do was cancel our line rental!  Is it so difficult?

I never thought I would say this but we are seriously considering going back to BT and I thought their customer service was woeful.  People complain about them all the time, but until you've tried a worse internet provider then you really don't now just how bad it can get.  And believe me - you can be quite literally tearing your hair out with frustration!  Now BT are not anywhere near as bad as Talk Talk in my opinion,  so with this in mind I have just sent Talk Talk a letter of complaint and the text below is an extract of what I said to them:

For those who wish to complain to Talk Talk they have a dedicated contact page. Don't forget to leave a message on here and let us know how you get on!

Talk talk, poor customer service. "I decided to leave BT because there customer service was terrible and I was promised that Talk Talk would be better, a lot better.  But you are worse, if fact I think the worse company I have ever the misfortune to deal with!  On our first bill there was statement Here at Talk Talk were truly committed to providing you with the highest level of service; I notice on our latest bill that this statement has disappeared very strange that!"

...come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven

Well I don't really expect to get a response to that letter, but who cares come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven since I have had such a terrible experience with Talk Talk!

By: Come back BT

jim

jim

According to talktalk adverts there are no mid contract price rises. Why then did talktalk raise their prices twice fairly recently and now they are raising prices again because customers are using the broadband? Come clean talktalk and admit that you ARE raising prices.
jim

Sol

Sol

I have had even worse experiences with TalkTalk. If you find a half-competent supplier of broadband, phone and TV, even if they are more expensive, then please post and let me know.
Sol

Sheila

Sheila

4 months unable to access emails after they said their site was down for a couple of days while they made improvements.
This was in March this year, we are now at the end of July and I still can't access my emails...with the same on screen excuse of 'we are currently experiencing technical issues'......what for 4 months ????????
Numerous chats and calls....told I would receive a call in 5 days at a specific time slot, for the talktalk team to call me at the opposite end of the day and then have to wait a further 5 days for another call...which resulted in the same nothing and told I would receive a call in a further 4 days at a specific time slot again but no call this time and 8 hours this day alone trying to solve the problem, since most of my important emails are on this talktalk email address
I have been more than patient and yes still paying my bill...but it's them that have messed up.....trying to change something that previously worked just fine....absolutely poor....the only available numbers to call are call centres where the staff all be it pleasant but robotic and no authority to change anything......if their CEO dept in Manchester do contact you , it's still pointless as they too seem to be unable to alter the outcome......cancelling my direct debit and if they want to try and charge me for a break of contract I think they will find they did not fulfill their end of the bargain
Sheila

Karma

Karma

I have requested for my services to be cancelled numerous times due to a home move. I was given 5 dates over a 2 week period. After the 3rd delay I requested cancellation. I am now with sky yet talk talk still have not cancelled my services and this morning I have an email charging me for services I do not use. 3 times I have asked for cancellation to be ignored !!
I now have no choice but to escalate this to CISAS
Karma

stef

stef

The worst company ever.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is the law ?!
Those people steals from us every day and we can t fight against them !
stef

JOHN

JOHN

I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH TALKTALK SENDING ME STUFF I HAVE NOT ORDERED I HAVE PHONED AND E-MAILED THEM AND GOT NORESPONCE.
SHURLEY THEY HAVE BROKEN THERE CONTRACT.
JOHN

Legs

Legs

talktalk updates their email service, why do they suppose 1 that I have either a mobile phone or another email address? Thanks to this latest update, today, I am unable to use emails without providing them with the above. I rarely make online purchases so why should I have to endure cookies from them and lots of other sources? I use my laptop for what I want it for not for tLegshe purposes of others.
Legs

Swef

Swef

yes has to be the worst customer service in uk, phoned four times cut off twice, and never got a sensible answer, ask the same question in four different ways.
tried the message service, 3 days later final got someone to agree I had a fault on the line still waiting to get it sorted, have been told if they don't fix in 28 days I can cancel my contract, might just see if I can sue them for breach of contract.
Swef

davajam

davajam

I have never had any reason to complain about the TalkTalk broadband side, but recently had to contact them regarding the phone line - which had developed a "buzz".

Their auto-answering system is very poor. No human at the other end at all - not even a call centre in Timbuktoo! The auto voice didn't understand my responces repeatedly. Even simple questions like "can you make a call - yes/no" were not understood with a simple "yes", "yes"... "YES" answer.

When will phone companies (and similar) understand that the first contact when you phone them is absolutely vital in establishing trust and a feeling of getting things done? They are all the same - believe me I've tried them.

The out come of my contact with TT is that they will "text me" with test results - this will be interesting as their script didn't actually ask me what was wrong with my line!!!!
davajam

Stag

Stag

I will not go into detail about the problems with talk talk just to say customer service is useless and we will be leaving at the end of are contract, we would leave before but don't intend paying compensation .
Stag

Tash

Tash

Talk talk I think it's time I walk walk. P##s poor service. Do not know what we are paying for other then a headache. Some people work from home and need your internet to be working, you know the one we pay for?
Secondly whenever I try to make a call or mostly a complaint you don't even have customer service as top priority. Now it's not your employees fault it's all down to the training and those poor B##stards get the brunt of it all. Sort it out talk talk.
Tash
31st Jan 19 20:09

George

George

I worked for HM Customs and Excise for over 40 years. The last 30 years was with Traders registered for VAT, visiting them and checking their records. I can honestly say I have NEVER come across anyone as disorganised as talktalk!!!
George

charliefik

charliefik

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL company!!!!! The problem is that it is probably too late for all the people that are reading this as they have already been ripped off by these, and I use the word as politely as I can SCUM!!!!

I have been 'enjoying' a pretty bad costly low level awful service from TALK TALK for years now, eventually as we could no longer deal with the terrible broadband connection I asked to be upgraded to Fibre. The day the fibre was supposed to be connected we lost all broadband connection. I contacted support who said that I would receive the router in 2 days and someone would contact me in 3 days (why would it take 3 days to contact me?). Every time I contacted them I was told the issue wouldn't be resolved for another 3-5 days (every time I contacted them)

After 3 days no one had contacted me and no router. After many days on chat and phone (being lied to and I eventually got a fault manager to call me. They said that I wouldn't have to pay for the time I had been connected WITHOUT ANY BROADBAND how very generous! My family had no broadband access my kids couldn't do their homework. I couldn't work from home and had to travel to work site in Newport 400 miles away and get a hotel to stay at apart from the many hours I spent talking to unhelpful liars! Oh they offered me 5 GBP as well for the 5 days without service (so far).

I said that this was a joke, the router is still not here. I asked to cancel my account I was told that I couldn't by other support staff without incurring a penalty charge (I wasn't out of my cancellation period so that was a lie) The cancellation period starts from when you organise the update so I only had 4 days left even though I hadn't had access to any Fibre broadband at this stage. Another lying support staff said I would have to pay for a router (even though it had supposedly already been sent twice by this stage obviously they were all lying the ones that said the router had been sent and the one who said that I should pay for it). The last lying scumbag that I spoke to also said that in the future when my cancellation period was over that I could only cancel my broadband without a penalty if TALK TALK was not able to supply a service for 28 days!!! WHAT A JOKE TALK TALK is!!!

I understand that many of you may think that I haven't really had a big issue to deal with. I do not like being lied to and having my time wasted and being hooked into BS contracts.

If anyone is reading this and hasn't joined up with TALK TALK please think very carefully about it even if their deal is slightly better (I'm not saying it is just don't fall for their bad customer service).
charliefik

Annie

Annie

I joined talk talk from BT 3 months ago and what a mistake, talk talk are the worst customer service lve ever had to deal with , they won't listen and whey certainly haven't provided me with the product and speed they sold to me , trying to get out of contract ASAP
Annie
3rd Nov 18 09:21

Harassed

Harassed

I was having problems with a veeeery sloooow internet connection, so I called my ISP (TalkTalk). This time I had their UK number, so I was not directed somewhere overseas. I do not have a problem with chatting with overseas customer service. They are very polite and keep their cool even when smoke is coming out from the top of your head. So I spoke to a lady. Very pleasant, but she was speaking Polish English. Spooky to say the least. I am a foreigner too, so I'm not criticising the accent, but she spoke extremely fast and she was most difficult to understand. So I go passed over to a technician. Why is he also speaking Polish English. I know there are a lot of Poles in the UK and I know they work very hard and I know English is not an easy language, but if you're in customer service you need at least to speak in a way that you can be understood. I tried very hard and the guy in customer service also tried very hard to make me understand, but I couldn't. Please TalkTalk this is something you should look into. If your English is not intelligible, put these people in the back office. They'll do an excellent job and until their communications skills improve, do not put them on the phone.
Harassed