Talk Talk and their very poor customer service

Here's yet another Talk Talk gripe for you.  I don't think for a minute that we are the only ones who are seriously disappointed with their poor customer service.

After five months of phone calls and e-mails, I have still not had a sensible and productive conversation with anyone at Talk Talk.  I managed to get through to someone in Delhi today and I was then transferred a total of five times over the next hour.  Eventually I was transferred back to the customer service person I spoke to in the first place.  I wanted to do was cancel our line rental!  Is it so difficult?

I never thought I would say this but we are seriously considering going back to BT and I thought their customer service was woeful.  People complain about them all the time, but until you've tried a worse internet provider then you really don't now just how bad it can get.  And believe me - you can be quite literally tearing your hair out with frustration!  Now BT are not anywhere near as bad as Talk Talk in my opinion,  so with this in mind I have just sent Talk Talk a letter of complaint and the text below is an extract of what I said to them:

For those who wish to complain to Talk Talk they have a dedicated contact page. Don't forget to leave a message on here and let us know how you get on!

Talk talk, poor customer service. "I decided to leave BT because there customer service was terrible and I was promised that Talk Talk would be better, a lot better.  But you are worse, if fact I think the worse company I have ever the misfortune to deal with!  On our first bill there was statement Here at Talk Talk were truly committed to providing you with the highest level of service; I notice on our latest bill that this statement has disappeared very strange that!"

...come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven

Well I don't really expect to get a response to that letter, but who cares come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven since I have had such a terrible experience with Talk Talk!

By: Come back BT

Janet

Janet

Correction to post dated 03/10/17 @ 05:10 Line 9 The date should read 26/11/15 not 26/11/17
Janet

Janet

Janet

I left TalkTalk in November 2015 after the hack. On 18/05/17 there was an attempt to take £25.22 by TalkTalk Limited via direct debit from my account. I called my bank and this was refunded to me and my direct debit was cancelled. Since then a direct debit from TalkTalk Limited has shown up on my account on 19/06/17 and 11/08/17. I was able to cancel the direct debits before any money was taken as I now check my direct debits regularly. I have been in touch with Customer Relations who don't even acknowledge the problem let alone try and resolve it. All they say is my direct debit was cancelled on 26/11/17. To make matters worse I sent a copy of my bank statement to their Correspondence Department in Salford (a different PO Box to the Customer Relations one in Southampton BTW) as advised when I called. On 05/09/17 I received a letter from Customer Relations saying they had not received any bank statements. I have now sent a letter of complaint to their complaints department in Southampton. I got a letter from TalkTalk last week saying a manager would call me. Someone did call and left a message that they would call back. The number was 08009555544. I mention the number because it was mentioned on this site (13/09/16). Not sure about this number as it is not listed on their web site. Have reported to Action Fraud and sent an email to CEO
Janet
3rd Oct 17 05:10

gerry

gerry

i was told i would be live on the 16th of August nothing ! then i was told on the 18th still nothing,i called them a few times and i was passed onto three people who had no idea ..i will see ? but,i'm now thinking of going back to BT ..it was so stress full talking with these people especially as i got nowhere with them my advice avoid like the plague ..!
gerry

Madwoman

Madwoman

I was 'thrown over' to TalkTalk from Virgin well over 18 months ago, had no problem & in fact found their broadband service more stable than Virgin's!
That's until earlier this month when I received an email to tell me that my bank had rejected this month's payment to them. The arrangement had always been, inherited from the way I paid Virgin, that they debited from my bank card albeit not ideal I know. I contacted my bank who confirmed that there had been no request.
After repeated phone calls I went to the bank over a week ago to deposit money directly into TalkTalk's account to cover July's payment which according to my receipt should have reached TalkTalk's account 2 hours later. I also on the same day filled in a DD form & posted it 1st class.
I yesterday (a week later) received a phone call from a manager of TT who said that they had no record of payment being made & tried to tell me that it takes 7 days for a 'bank transfer' & that they had received no DD form!
I made it very plain that my payment should have been in TT's account on the day I made it & any delay was down To TT's system & correspondence sent via the post office with a 1st class stamp arrives the next day.
There is clearly something wrong with TalkTalk & I'm in the process of changing to another provider. I will however say that the customer service representatives have been very polite but we were talking money & not problems with the service itself. No! I don't trust them.
Madwoman

Fed up Fred

Fed up Fred

Promises, promises. When I stated that I would be going to another provider more interested in recruiting me than retaining me TalkTalk offered me a good deal, better than the one on offer. I - foolishly - decided to accept this offer and returned the alternative provider's router. But although the other company confirmed that they had no further interest in my account good old TalkTalk could not remove it from my records and therefore could not fulfil their offer. I lodged a complaint and was told not to worry, it would be sorted out within 48 hours. That was one week ago! I then had problems with my existing router which would not let me access Sky on demand. After checking where the problem was by following Sky help I talked to TalkTalk suggesting it was a software issue as this apparently can happen when one company upgrades software and there is incompatibility. TalkTalk said basically 'not our problem' so I said I need a new super router for the Fibre package I have agreed and after a few threats / promises I was told one would be sent out to arrive last Friday or today. Two wasted days and I now learn that the router was not sent out! Back to complaining and then I am accused of being a liar in that the Fibre offer made to me was actually not made! Eventually the agent finds the file note and apologises. Do I want to take up the offer? Yes, I say, because I have invested so much time on this - and then the system crashes. When I am reconnected I speak to another agent who makes me jump through the usual hoops before advising me that the offer is no longer available. More complaining, more promises, but the poor last cannot get me higher up the pecking order as there appear to be so many complaints. I am about to jump ship as I have been on the chat line or the phone for 4 (FOUR) hours. I STRONGLY ADVISE ANYONE TO THINK THRICE, NOT TWICE, BEFORE USING THIS COMPANY.
Fed up Fred
3rd Jul 17 06:07

TALK TALK PRISONER

TALK TALK PRISONER

9 weeks ago I contacted talk talk with some faults with my TV and recording box ,their technical services could not repair it and agreed to give me a new box and then the saga began .To date [28/6/2017 I still have no working recording and tv box despite once again being informed by letter on the 18/5 that I was to receive a new box and the technical services on the 19/6 informing me that I would receive one within 24 hours as it would be ordered by 4 pm that day .
t/c on 22/6 informed that engineer would call on tues 27/6 ,no engineer called.T /C to talk talk found me trying to cancel my contract ,young woman not able to do this informed me that someone from management would phone me between 16.59 and 17.59 to discuss ,no call from them .on phone just now trying to get clarification about contract ,after 1 hour still no resolution or answer to whether my contract has been cancelled . I have also written to the head of complaints which hasnot helped and have currently contacted the ombudsman services .
still being charged £40+ per month for my non existing services and even cancelling it is impossible ,HELP
TALK TALK PRISONER

Mark

Mark

Was connected on the 7th of June this year with talk talk (they were offering good deals, especially to someone who just bought and moved into a house). I then received a statement on the 8th of June for payment due on the 16th of June. I called up straight away asking why I have been charged a month's amount for a week's worth of service.

I got the same robotic, scripted response from 2 "analysts" stating "that's how our bill cycle works". I advised both of them, I know how bill cycles work, have been paying bills since I was 16 and also used to work for a bank, so have a great knowledge of bill cycles and statements. Said that the company should have created a bill on the 8th of july for the 1st bill, they kept on repeating "that's not how our bill cycles work". I was then advised that the complaints team will contact me but still waiting on that, contacted them today and said that if they dont call me tomorrow morning, I will take this further (ofcom, watchdog etc) then contact the bank to recoup my funds. I also said that if your complaints team dont contact me by tomorrow, I walk as on their website you can walk away in first month without cancellation fee.

Word of advice for talk talk, if you want your customers to be happy, treat them like customers, show compassion, care and understanding.

Cant wait to hear their response if the complaints team call tomorrow.
Mark

Rob

Rob

TALK TALK are without a doubt the worst company that I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. I had an 18 month contract, which actually ended on 15th of February 2017. I left them to go to a decent provide, as their broadband was absolutely useless. Ever since they have been hounding and harassing me for money that I DO NOT owe to them. I have a letter from them proving that I left on 13th February. They are still billing me every month. I have written to them explaining that I am NOT their customer, and all they do is threaten me with debt collection companies. It is so distressing to be hounded continually by this dreadful company, I am a pensioner and find it very hard to cope with this. DISGUSTING COMPANY, hounding OAP's they should be ashamed.
Rob
22nd May 17 12:05

Nic

Nic

I left talk talk about five or so years ago as i was forever left without internet, i was being billed for weeks on end even though i wasnt recieving the internet access i was paying for, upon phoning endless times on both my house phone and my mobile and not getting any sense out of the operators i handed the phone to my mum who also endlessly tried to complain to them. Then on one occasion i phoned i was put through to a very rude and disrespectful member of talk talks customer services to began to make funny noises and voice impressions down the line to me! I was so shocked i put the telephone on loud speaker and showed my parents who was with me at the time. My mum advised i hung up and unplug the broadband and phone line and phone back another time and cancel my broadband. I told talk talk i refused to pay the disconnection fee and told them how disgusted i was and that was that. Now years down the line talk talk have contacted bailiffs to chase me for the hundred ofd pounds disconnection fee.. I cant even prove my case now as all paper work had been long shredded :(
Nic

Glencott

Glencott

Have been with TalkTalk since they included free broadband and no problems - until 3 weeks ago when I lost broadband. On speaking to an Indian lady in Durban ( S Africa) I was told exchange was being upgraded and broadband would be lost intermittently. No reply when I asked why this information was not put on TalkTalk site! Following day, no broadband, different operator but same tale! Following day, another operator who ran checks then asked for my mobile no as she would check landline, tested mobile and still waiting for her to ring back! Fourth day, told I was 'out of synch' - Engineer would come to house in 10 days! I told her this unacceptable in 21st century, time reduced to 5 days by her Supervisor. Engineer called, tested line - no problems, but router had failed, caused by exchange upgrade. TalkTalk then told me I was 2 years out of contract so would have to pay £49.95 for new one. Told them to send free one as they had caused failure. Now with different supplier ( free router!) TalkTalk has 'Loyalty' department. They may know how to spell it but have no clue to it's meaning! Have since spoken to a friend who receives reguar bills from them but has never been connected!
Glencott

R4ms

R4ms

Talk talk should be closed down they are atrocious they are the worst and diabolical I have had problems over 18months and still after telling them to end my contract they disconnect my services before the cut off but still took a full payment off me and took more than they should have I have contacted as newspapers to tell my story about talk talk and will be telling everyone stay away from talk talk they are the lowest of the lowest without a clue in Customer service or anything else I do really wish watchdog show millions of viewers how customers have been treated and this has to stop and shame talk talk forever
R4ms

specky

specky

Why is talk talk hassling an oap to pay a couple of hundred pounds for a package that didn't happen. Went to ombudsmen who declared a delay in provisions also advised its not unusual for a broadband line to be installed at a later date. No advisement provided by talk talk so no agreement had been made in relation to any delay. I dont feel its fair for any company to charge customers for there problems. I also went to dads MP no help there so won't be voting for the labour party. We have the option to take talk talk to court to have decision overturned. Why should customers be forced to do this not to mention the cost involved. Or to obtain a solicitor to help. Why is no one helping talk talk customers. Customers should not be forced to pay money for services not received as promised. We will wait for them to take us to court. Every news paper every tv station will be advised of dads and mind story should they continue there request for money which is not owed. We all need to take a stand and not give in to this shower its hard going i know but i often wonder why this company isn't all over the papers and TV regarding there poor attitude and shit services in which they provide. Shocking
specky

andy

andy

I have been with talk talk for 2 years now and have always had problems with email
password not been excepted keep trying then all of a sudden password excepted
then it might or might not load my mail
been locked out so many times {my fault apparently} have to change password again
ok for couple of weeks then same problem starts change password again
then repeat above
then no password issue this time just won't load mail , this time call us back in 48 hrs, called back 55hrs later oh no you must wait 72hrs ,called back next day your case has been escalated we will contact you today text message 12hrs later is it sorted if so text back sorted if not text back not sorted afraid it is the later not sorted text sent . next text phone this number within 7 days for us to assist
phoned back directly through security and caller states our system shows we have checked you TV and it should be working fine { I almost climbed into the phone } I don't have TV on my package
it my email caller say thats not what is states on your complaint I said it does and always has please read all my communications after apology caller say ok thats it registerd if you could give us a call back in 72hrs best advice to all don't sign up to talk talk I believe they have little or no technical support just a call centre in the middle east
andy

Kaz

Kaz

Talktalk and talk is what I did for 3 1/2 hours after they cut off my broadband, TV and phone line services by mistake. My daughter had used my landline to cancel her broadband from her own flat and for some unknown reason Talktalk decided to cancel my services, I knew nothing of this until my broadband stopped working, I then rang Talktalk to report a fault and was told an engineer would be sent out in 10 days (which is bad enough), the following day my landline went down, I rang again from my Talktalk mobile. After speaking to 4 different people, I was put through to what they call a manger who said that he had a recording of me cancelling my services and refusing to pay and chargers, he was very aggressive towards me and and I had to plead with him to be able to get a word in! I told him the recording was not of me he then told me 'there's no point in carrying on talking, you won't get any further, it's just going to cost you more money'! At this point I didn't know what to say, I was speechless! He then passed me on to another department,who then told me I had to open a new completely new account and that it would be 2 weeks before I could have any of my services turned back on. After them finally admitting fault, all they have offfered me to compensate is two months free broadband.

DISGUSTED! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! IS IT NOT WORTH USING THEM TO SAVE A BIT OF MONEY! THIS IS WHY THEY ARE CHEAP, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
Kaz

0503237M

0503237M

I MYSELF HAVE BEEN AT THE REIEVING END OF TALKTALK'S CUSTOMER SERVICE! COULDN'T ORGANISE A PISS UP IN A BREWERY! HOPELESS. COMPLAINT IN TONIGHT
0503237M