Slobs with feet up on a seat on a train or bus

People who put their feet up on train and bus seats.  It drives me crazy.  How would they like to sit on dog poo and chewing gum from someone else's shoes?  Do they have absolutely no consideration for the next person who is now going to have to sit there, with their clean clothes now stained with mud, dirt etc?  What is UP with these selfish people?

feet planted firmly on the middle of the seat...

Teenagers aren't the only culprits either, I have witnessed many adult that really should know better stretch their legs out, feet planted firmly on the middle of the seat, or else bend their knees and put their shoes on the edge of the seat.

Either way, you're not at home, you're not on a deckchair, you're on public transport so please exercise some respect and courtesy for your fellow passengers!

It's even worse when you're trying to find a seat and they glare up at you as though you're a big inconvenience and then reluctantly move their feet.  I'm thinking, 'As if I'm going to sit where your feet have been, you moron.'

Feet on a seat on a train What I would like to do is say, "Right you sit where your feet have been and I'll take your seat, OK?  I do hope you haven't got any dog muck on your feet - it'll go all over your nice clean trousers...ha ha."  Of course if you DO quietly and politely ask someone not to put their feet on a set, all you get nothing but a mouthful of loud and distinctly less than polite verbal abuse.  It's sickening.  I really think that the transport companies need to put up signs as they currently do with no smoking.  Of course they may well be ignored, but at least it's something.

What really makes me laugh is the way these people, or rather these slobs sit there wearing the latest fashion and mess around with their hair, all the while having their feet on the seat.  Presumably they think it makes them look really cool or something, at least they act as if it does..  Oh well, shall I tell them thats not the case or will you?

By: ki

Heyzus

Heyzus

Hear hear, these slobs more than likely sit on their own filth in their homes!
Heyzus

LancashireLass

LancashireLass

Just noticed this well deserved gripe and believe me I was mortified to get home to find some kind of unpleasant sludge on the back of my coat. No doubt deposited by some horrible not right who was travelling on the train before me. I'd love to hand them a dry cleaning bill.
LancashireLass

Mark

Mark

I had a girlfriend who did this too! She'd always put her chunky black steel toe Doc Martens up on the seat in front of her or on the front panel if she was occupying the front seats upstairs. Apparently she did it to look intimidating and to deter other guys from getting too close to her! And it worked ... Ha!
Mark

Paddy

Paddy

My girlfriend always used to put her feet up on the front of the bus when travelling to and from college and she nearly always wore her chunky black steel toe capped doc martens! When I asked her why she always did this, she said it was to deter boys from messing with her. It made her look very intimidating! She hated anyone looking at her, especially boys and if any did, she'd nearly always give them a sharp kick in their shin as she left her seat to get off the bus.
Paddy
2nd Sep 16 00:17

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/IMAG0049.jpg
22nd Oct 14 16:04

collar

Once again I feel moved to comment on this post. ForThe most annoying ones are the big booted (Bovver boots) who work for a manual labor company who collect their staff on the train . They stop you in the aisle and try to push you off your seat you complain to the driver - they don't like it, with a certain percentage going to the third option - railway police. You normally see the same people wearing different types of boots each week. I don't like these people, because unlike the traditional commuters - they are very aggressive and prey on the vulnerable.
3rd Jul 14 08:07

Dave Barlow

Dave Barlow

Re feet on seats.I have ask for some action to be taken by the following-The Association of Train Operating Companies.The Department of Transport,Passenger Focus, SW trains,C2C,Capital Connect,Greater Anglia amongst others.I have suggested imposing a fine of £250.00 and a few blitzes by the police to make people aware of their behaviour and the consequences.
Despite there being a bye-law (no.21,relating to soiling railway property)not one of the above could be bothered to do anything.
It appears as there's no profit they can't be bothered and frankly don't care if you have to sit in other's crap.
I have run out of options unless someone can suggest someone who a lot less spineless than the abive profit motivated,fence sitters listed above.
Dave Barlow
2nd Jul 14 22:04

collar

Unbelievable. The man was acting unlawfully and certain people who choose to join this filthy behaviour should be dealt with by rail police. We do not use trains to risk our health, and to protect the public the authorities must do it first and foremost because they love their customers. The rail police have also tried and failed to cover up the seats for their own use regarding the feet incidents. Anybody who sticks feet up to spread germs need the coppers to sort them out - they are are low life

KING

KING

I SAW SOMEONE DO THIS THEN AN OLD MAN CAME UP TO HIM AND SHOUTED WHY ARE YOU PUTTING YOUR FEET ON THE SEAT YOUR SHOES HAVE DOG S**T ON THEM SO HE TOOK THEM OFF STILL HAD HIS FEET ON THE SEAT
KING

collar

how very dare the slobs! Maybe one of the reasons the rail company can't keep their seats cleaned is because of the amount of feet they put up, train drivers at their wit's end. I have seen their feet up several times and 3 to 4 people doing it at the same time is the norm, sometimes more. They are'nt always polite to the ticket collectors either. I don't shop them because of the way they treat passengers that do, it srikes me they don't have a lot of respect for their selves either. They just abuse the privilege other peoples clean seats for their own selves.

Valeria

Valeria

I really can't stand people who put up their feet on the train ...Really!!!! And then they complain why the train fare goes up every year.... Because they have to change the dirty cloth from your dirty shoes and feet.... From: Valencia, Spain
Valeria

Samson (Delilah's too busy to post)

Samson (Delilah's too busy to post)

I had the pleasure of sitting next to a young Chinese girl on a train journey from Waterloo to Southampton last week. She dropped the tray on the back of the seat in front, removed her shoes and sat with her bare feet on the tray! She couldn't understand why it was an issue when I told her to take her feet off the tray.
Samson (Delilah's too busy to post)
2nd Jun 14 09:06

collar

I am 100% against feet on seats. Look at the dirt carried, nasty to eat at the same time and we are the worst for feet on seats in Europe, only to be beaten in the world by America where most states do it willy-nilly. If we can't get our feet off of the seats then it will become less social and more of a bad thing I suppose. whatever you can whenever you can attitude will be the order of the day. Yes you may judge me as I'm in my 50s and like a comfy seat but I don't know my limit, not through constantly surpassing it but through never getting there.
2nd Jun 14 06:47

Frequent traveller

Frequent traveller

Quote:
'If you were invited to a fine restaurant I suppose they might throw there feet up, open legs and stick elbowin the butter. Must ne proud folk.'

@ S. This doesn't really make sense. What you bin smoking?
Frequent traveller
1st Jun 14 20:00

collar

Good point - My Uncle used to drive buses. Apparently some of the things people used to do upon the seats was quite disgusting. Faeces was one of the things that irritated him the most. Very difficult to remove apparently with the regular cleaning equipment of the day. This was London buses of course, they probably gave them a bucket of water and a hosepipe!