Sky Movies, what a waste of money...

Sky have now changed the format of their movie channels and in my opinion, Sky Movies can no longer be considered the same value for money that it once used to be.  Maybe they thought that it was a clever move because it has allowed them to reduce the amount of movies they air, this may well reduce their costs and increase their profits, but I think that in the end it will eventually just lead to more cancellations from subscribers.

With the number of repeats shown these days...

Besides, with the huge number of repeats shown these days you would be better off raiding the bargain bin down at the supermarket.  It made me laugh recently when they put on that old movie "The Karate Kid".

How can they consider that to be a modern film?  Come on Sky, let's have one or two blockbuster movies at least and a few less repeats!

Sky Movies, revamped - still too many repeats! Maybe like some other large companies in the UK I could mention, they are simply out to rip off as many people as possible and have no idea of what good customer service is.  I do hope not, but it certain feels like that and as a result, I decided to cancel my Sky movies subscription this morning.

At the moment I am actually looking at a broadband TV provider in the US.  They are offering me a better choice of programmes and features for the same money that I currently pay Sky.  How can I refuse?  If this service is any good I will of course spread the word and promote it on some of my own personal web sites.

Why should we put up with the same old recycled movies again and again?  Well we can vote with our feet and maybe, just maybe, someone at Sky will listen.

By: The Will

Paddy

Paddy

I also must agree . Sky has to many repeats on tv programs. Movies are old & not up to date especially what you get from Netflix & amazon.
Paddy

Roberto

Roberto

I must say I totally agree. Sky have totally ruined what was already a questionable movie premiere system. The vast majority of the " daily premieres " would not qualify even for what used to be called " B movies ". Cheap, churned out, straight to DVD rubbish.
Roberto

Crew

Crew

Sky is a complete waste of money especially the movies. You try and search for a good movie but guranteed you will have to buy or rent it in sky store it's a complete rip off. The marketing manager thinks that putting great fights, great films and best entertainment on channels that you have to pay more money for is thick and basically should be sacked.

My friend has just cancelled sky after a long conversation on the phone... typical. I promise they will offer you half price sky when you complain but stick to your guns and get rid.

Good luck ...
Crew
3rd Feb 17 23:27

Sue

Sue

I agree. The new Sky cinema is a ripoff, now we get one new film a day usually cheap, nasty imports with subtitles, or kids films. Scifi horror channel is often filled with Starwars films played over and over for days on end. The other channels swap around playing the same films. Sky must be laughing at us. I will be cancelling the movie subscription. It will be cheaper to by a new film that you fancy once in a while then to pay for sky cinema. I usually end up watching Film 4 or the other free film channels.
Sue

Michael

Michael

How many times has "The Royal Tannanbaums" been on Sky in the last couple of years? And why five stars?
Michael

VeronicaVeronese

VeronicaVeronese

paulhatesskytv....I agree about all the adverts. That's why if there's something on a commercial channel i record it so later I can watch it and skip through the rubbish, which includes advertising future programmes I've zero interest in.
VeronicaVeronese
22nd Sep 13 20:43

paulhatesskytv

paulhatesskytv

Sky tv what a load of bollocks. Repeats and insurance adverts. If you can sit down and watch anything more than 8 minutes of tv, then its a bloody miracle. Every 8 minutes, follows 6 minutes of adverts, followed by more repeats.
paulhatesskytv
22nd Sep 13 10:07

laser rifle

laser rifle

hey sam, why don't you do something useful instead of sittin in front of tv all night. what a waste of time. what a pointless existence :(
laser rifle

sam

sam

Pffft £90, I pay £113 a month n find myself sat there from 8pm onwards with absolutely nothing to watch, Beginning to become a complete waste of my money. And as for the movies, I've had to get Netflix aswel skys that shit. Haha x
sam

miserablemoaninggit

miserablemoaninggit

I have been with Sky for years, including paying for Sky Movies. What do I get? Usually, American comedies that are far from funny. Long-term customers get no rewards. Not even a free Box Office Movie!

Sky Movies are still in the 'new customers only' mode!

Yes, increasingly a waste of money!
miserablemoaninggit
21st Feb 13 00:00

Teutonic knight

Teutonic knight

You pay £90 a month for Sky? Bet they love you. Give it up, you know it makes sense.
Teutonic knight

Sha

Sha

I also have sky 3d aswell.nothing on,and when a film comes on its £6.i pay £90 a month as it is,robbing twats
Sha

Sha

Sha

Sky movies is shite.dont no why I pay same old crap on all the time.money sky makes is enormous and bought time they sorted it out.
Sha

Stalag 14

Stalag 14

1....Sky throw a huge amount of money at football
2....Footballers wages go skyhigh
3....Loads of mugs pay to watch it
4....Advertising rates go up

Pay to watch.....Yes
Adverts to watch....Yes
But not both
Mugs,mugs,mugs
Stalag 14

andrew

andrew

sky movies, Hell All sky tv is a joke, repeats adverts that's all you get on there, every hour there is 22min of adverts, thats around 8 hours of adverts on each channel, as for the repeats they are just ripping all there customers off. why do we put up with all this crap. do like I just did, dump them. Rubbish service.
andrew