Discussion forum censorship on The Daily Mail?

I'm getting a little fed up with the Daily Mail website.  This is something that happens to me quite a lot and I believe it also happens on other discussion forums out there.  When I see an article that is of interest to me I'll often want to add a comment, but on some of the stories they are censored even though what I'm saying is a valid point.  Why does this happen?

One story appeared recently saying that there is research out saying chest x-rays are not always successful in diagnosing early stage lung cancer and that some patients may need to go back for further x-rays.

Did my comment on the forum get published?

Someone commented that this is yet more evidence that the NHS was a complete failure.  As an x-ray student I thought I'd reply and put the message straight.

I said that this is a piece of research which is pointing out that our current methods of diagnosing lung cancer are not always successful and should be taken on board so we can improve best practice.  Did my comment on the forum get published?  No, of course it didn't!

Normal Xray of chest. Heart in the centre. Personally, I feel that there is far too much censorship today and that otherwise valid, sensible and relevant points of view are being ignored.

I read a while back on The Daily Mail says that 'education standards are falling.'  Well, if they are going to encourage incorrect viewpoints on their website and not publish anything from anyone who looks like they know what they're talking about, I'm not surprised that people are lacking in the grey cells department!

By: James

Toby B.

Toby B.

Look at this. This is an article about the British yellow vest protestors. There is no LEGAL reason why comments need to be disabled, and yet the Daily Mail has 100% locked down public conversation on this topic. Why? Because the British Government seems to have control over this publication. It now VICIOUSLY attacks Tommy Robinson (a true British hero) and CRUSHES DISSENT. The Daily Mail is TERRIFIED that its readership might rise up against the government, so we aren't allowed to SAY ANYTHING AT ALL about these brave men and women who simply do not want millions of illegal immigrants FLOODING into our tiny island. 75 million people already. Look at this link and see for yourself what the Daily Mail's TRUE agenda has become. No comment section???? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6610513/Scuffles-break-yellow-vests-march-Leeds-protest-treated-like-nothing.html Think about it: why do they have a moderated comment section in the FRENCH yellow vest article but a DISABLED comment section in the BRITISH yellow vest article? The motivation is obvious: it's POLITICAL. The Daily Mail want to control the British population and FORCE US to accept the globalist government (Tory or Labour, both are globalist and pro-illegal immigration) and not fight back. Fighting back would mean voting for UKIP - the Daily Mail CONSTANTLY ATTACKS UKIP (the only patriotic party). Everyone has the SAME COMPLAINT ABOUT THE DAILY MAIL: POLITICAL CENSORSHIP.
Toby B.
23rd Jan 19 03:19

Jenny H.

Jenny H.

I pointed out that the Daily Mail is DISABLING comments (not just moderating them) on all British yellow vest protestor articles because they have become a FAR LEFT, GLOBALIST propaganda machine.

Got perma-banned and a warning from their head office about "unacceptable conduct". Made a new account already :)
Jenny H.
23rd Jan 19 03:09

cyndra

cyndra

the never post my comments and I don't say anything offensive
I have no idea why, maybe someone complained about a previous comment and that banned all future comments.
cyndra

tcb221

tcb221

Happens to me all the time
tcb221

DM reader

DM reader

DM removes most of my comments although they are reasonable and my opinion, while allowing other much more contentious comments from other readers allowed. It's very irritating and unfair, particularly since they invite comments after putting out very derisive headlines.
DM reader

Colonel Mustard

Colonel Mustard

Spelt my name wrong yesterday. Still better at spelling that the far-left, millennial Daily Mail journalists though!
Colonel Mustard

Colonol Mustard

Colonol Mustard

I just got banned for mentioning the Rotherham sex crimes against 1,400 white girls yesterday. The Daily Mail has a far left editor (Geordie Greig), who will not tolerate ANY criticizism of Islam. Fake "refugee", 35 year old Muslim "children" can rape, stab and blow up white citizens in countries they move to, but if we, the law abiding citizens, DARE to talk about any of the chaos they cause, our comments are not published.
Colonol Mustard

Cyniscism

Cyniscism

Thanks for banning me on Boxing Day after reaching my best item tally(1200+ green arrows)ever on Xmas Day!!
Feel really chuffed.
Very satisfying to have set the cat amongst the pigeons over several years!!
Cyniscism

Thyra

Thyra

I'm glad I found this article and the comments. I was banned today from posting comments on DM, even though I was never abusive or hateful, but posted some well-reasoned opinions that, apparently, were not approved of by the Far Left moderators. As an American, I'm accustomed to free speech, so the level of censorship I saw on the DM comments shocked me many times a day. I think of the UK as being part of the free world, but the censorship proves that it's not. This really grieves me, and I hope you can rise up and take back your rights and your country.
Thyra
21st Dec 18 16:01

UK.

UK.

@Elvisxxl, If you don't agree with French Frieds then you do have a problem, a very big problem.
UK.

Elvisxxl

Elvisxxl

Oh French Frieds.....And here was me thinking I had problems......
Elvisxxl

French Frieds - from New Zealand

French Frieds - from New Zealand

Black-on-black crime story: "https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6420287/Suspect-arrested-shooting-death-pregnant-14-year-old.html" Again, only 5 comments were allowed to be posted by the LEFT-WING MODERATOR. "The comments below have been moderated in advance." "The comments below have been moderated in advance." "The comments below have been moderated in advance." "THE COMMENTS BELOW HAVE BEEN MODERATED IN ADVANCE." "THE COMMENTS BELOW HAVE BEEN MODERATED IN ADVANCE.""THE COMMENTS BELOW HAVE BEEN MODERATED IN ADVANCE.""THE COMMENTS BELOW HAVE BEEN MODERATED IN ADVANCE.""THE COMMENTS BELOW HAVE BEEN MODERATED IN ADVANCE.""THE COMMENTS BELOW HAVE BEEN MODERATED IN ADVANCE.""THE COMMENTS BELOW HAVE BEEN MODERATED IN ADVANCE.""THE COMMENTS BELOW HAVE BEEN MODERATED IN ADVANCE.""THE COMMENTS BELOW HAVE BEEN MODERATED IN ADVANCE.""THE COMMENTS BELOW HAVE BEEN MODERATED IN ADVANCE.""THE COMMENTS BELOW HAVE BEEN MODERATED IN ADVANCE.""THE COMMENTS BELOW HAVE BEEN MODERATED IN ADVANCE." ******"6 Muslim guys just raped a white 12 year old girl in London so THE COMMENTS BELOW HAVE BEEN MODERATED IN ADVANCE BECAUSE YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO CALL THE MUSLIMS RUDE NAMES."******
French Frieds - from New Zealand

French Fries - from New Zealand

French Fries - from New Zealand

"British staff are being offered free sex changes by Goldman Sachs in bid to rid bank of 'old boys’ club’ atmosphere" - November 18, 2018. ONLY 4 COMMENTS WERE ALLOWED TO APPEAR because this was a LEFT-WING AGENDA STORY that NORMAL PEOPLE HATE. So normal people like us aren't allowed to voice our opinions. The DM pumps out left-wing propaganda every day now (THIS ONLY STARTED 3-4 YEARS AGO) and they don't let their readers attack the propaganda in the comment section. We aren't allowed to question the lies. It's not enough to follow the "House Rules" - YOU HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE LEFT-WING AGENDA OR YOUR COMMENT WILL NOT BE APPROVED BY THEIR LEFT-WING MODERATORS.
French Fries - from New Zealand

French Fries - from New Zealand

French Fries - from New Zealand

Look at the Twitter feeds of any Daily Mail journalist: all the new ones are far-left Democrats from New York City. They all hate Trump. They all push "multiculturalism". They all disable comment sections on stories where crimes are committed by illegal immigrants in America or Muslims in the UK. Geoff Earle is one of their Marxists but there are probably hundreds more. Once Richard Littlejohn, Katie Hopkins and Peter Hitchens retire, these older white journalists will be replaced by trendy Communists from NYC who want to attack Trump 24/7 and disable comments on any stories about a left-wing agenda.
French Fries - from New Zealand

French Fries - from New Zealand

French Fries - from New Zealand

The Daily Mail used to be right wing. It has been taken over by far-left management and stories AS WELL AS COMMENTS are heavily censored. ALL comments are filtered by a computer algorithm (if you type Islam, Muslim, terrorist, feminist, Marxist or any other words the left don't want people to use, your comment won't appear, UNLESS you break it up with punctuation li.ke th.is). In addition, comments on anything related to crimes committed by the Muslim community (terrorist like ISIS, or sex offenses, like Rotherham) are manually moderated by DM staff with a left wing agenda. Only comments that do not come close to the truth.

Just today, a story was published entitled: "Kitchen supported by Meghan's cookbook is housed inside mosque 'which has links to 19 terror suspects including Jihadi John". Only one comment was allowed to appear, saying simply "Oh dear" (5,000+ upvotes, so thousands of people will be trying to comment). Later, EXACTLY 30 comments were manually approved to appear, none of which mentioned "Islam" or "Muslim". Also, NO REPLIES to any comments are being allowed to appear by the moderators, as the DM is fighting to stop conversations where people spread real information between each other. Usually, you have upwards of 40 or 50 comments in a thread on a high-profile and shocking story like this. In short: the Daily Mail is pushing a FAR LEFT AGENDA under their new Marxist editor from the UK (Geordie Greig) and the comment section already being censored LIKE IT'S THE GUARDIAN.
French Fries - from New Zealand