Discussion forum censorship on The Daily Mail?

I'm getting a little fed up with the Daily Mail website.  This is something that happens to me quite a lot and I believe it also happens on other discussion forums out there.  When I see an article that is of interest to me I'll often want to add a comment, but on some of the stories they are censored even though what I'm saying is a valid point.  Why does this happen?

One story appeared recently saying that there is research out saying chest x-rays are not always successful in diagnosing early stage lung cancer and that some patients may need to go back for further x-rays.

Did my comment on the forum get published?

Someone commented that this is yet more evidence that the NHS was a complete failure.  As an x-ray student I thought I'd reply and put the message straight.

I said that this is a piece of research which is pointing out that our current methods of diagnosing lung cancer are not always successful and should be taken on board so we can improve best practice.  Did my comment on the forum get published?  No, of course it didn't!

Normal Xray of chest. Heart in the centre. Personally, I feel that there is far too much censorship today and that otherwise valid, sensible and relevant points of view are being ignored.

I read a while back on The Daily Mail says that 'education standards are falling.'  Well, if they are going to encourage incorrect viewpoints on their website and not publish anything from anyone who looks like they know what they're talking about, I'm not surprised that people are lacking in the grey cells department!

By: James

notrust

notrust

To the "guest" below - this was helpful but I still wonder why moderation on all articles which include African Americans. DM also uses race in headlines - it will state "white man beats black man" but when it's a black man beating a white no race is mentioned. This seems odd to me and somewhat racist.
notrust

guest

guest

internet tip.....currently the DM doesn't shadowban/censor (s/b = comment only visible to your own login). (DM sometimes says unmoderated when it is (if last comment on unmoderated article is 2 hours ago, its not unmoderated) and they sometimes publish your comment 24 hours after you submitted it, so no-one sees it, and they have been known to change unmoderated articles to moderated, and remove existing comments) but the DM at the moment, doesn't actually shadowcensor.

twitter shadowbans, facebook shadowbans, any comment sections which use facebook logins (eg, huffington post), & some review sites shadow censor.

tip....whenever you submit something to a site (comment, review, & so on...) always log out and check your comment is visible publically. and pass the word about...
guest

notrust

notrust

I just took a look at DM searching for Wimbledon news but lead story is Harry and Meghan attending Lion King premier with Beyonce and JayZ. Comments are moderated which DM does with all articles featuring African Americans. Read through the comments all which read and sound the same so either these are paid commenters (Meghan's PR team strategy) or DM staffers trying to improve her image. Last place I go to these days.
notrust

Rockboy

Rockboy

Why what in the world could you possibly be talking about... Your comments weren't censored they were simply moderated....
Rockboy

guest

guest

barbie...new account

"we have received a number of complaints", I can confirm this could be one complaint. it's possible it could be no complaints.
"we have reviewed..." etc etc. this is just b*ll*cks to make them sound official.
guest

Paulocks

Paulocks

I left a comment on gay pride article asking why Sadie Khan thought it ok to endorse gay men in g strings walking about in London yet banning adverts for bras on the tube. Not published.
Paulocks

JHL

JHL

None of my comments have appeared for around three weeks on the DM site. I didn't receive any warning that I had upset anyone and am not aware of saying anything outrageous.
JHL

dicktracy

dicktracy

There are plenty of other UK tabloids available that accept comments so I've "banned" DM from my list. I'm convinced after commenting for almost 12 years that DM does not want conservative, or people who support Trump to comment. It also print a lot of fake news, never apologizes for it, never retracts untruths so better off without it. What it did to the Covington kid was horrible - huge screaming headline condemning this kid then turned out to not be true - no apology, nothing. I read DM is losing readers and I am not a bit surprised. Go elsewhere and be happy!
dicktracy
1st Jul 19 20:32

BarbieGirl

BarbieGirl

BarbieGirl

I was banned in 2015 though for (I thought) no good reason. I appealed - but nothing. Have tried to -mail them. Finally got a response and they said said "since you were banned 2 years ago (what ? 4 years go more like it) and we are looking into it. Now having re-registered and started posting comments, and they have thanked me for my comments... still nothing appears - and yet my profile is still there - WHY WHY WHY
BarbieGirl
1st Jul 19 15:12

The Francisco

The Francisco

I haven't been able to post a comment on DM for a week. I'm considering using dissenter.com in order to have a pseudo-workaround. Google removed the plugin from their store so there must be something to it...
The Francisco

guest

guest

is anyone finding that on firefox/windows 7, the green/red voting arrows don't respond sometimes? you have to reload the page
guest
21st Jun 19 02:55

dicktracy

dicktracy

Today, June 13, the publisher of the Daily Mail has paid £120,000 in damages plus costs to a UK-based humanitarian charity after the paper falsely accused it of funding a “hate festival” in Palestine which acted out the murder of Jews. Seem the accusations of fake news in DM are correct however DM bans readers who call them out.
dicktracy

lesson learned

lesson learned

Just read that DAILY MAIL Traffic Drops 50% After GOOGLE Algorithm Change. boo hoo. Think traffic is dropping because of all the old time commenters they are banning who then leave the site for good. We have 15 people in our office and we all read DM (yes we admit it!) and one by one we've all been banned within the past two months, many of us commenters for over a decade. This certainly isn't helping readership.
lesson learned

Pretty boy

Pretty boy

I have been having the same problem. I cannot find where my comments have gone, also few of my comments appear in my personal profile section on the internet.
They must be censoring, but why?. 1000's of comments are published every day, so why not mine.
Pretty boy
1st Jun 19 08:38

lesson learned

lesson learned

5 and counting - been banned five times now. The second you say anything negative about DM you're done. DM obviously does not like readers who call out its fake news...with actual proof. You will be banned.
lesson learned