Discussion forum censorship on The Daily Mail?

I'm getting a little fed up with the Daily Mail website.  This is something that happens to me quite a lot and I believe it also happens on other discussion forums out there.  When I see an article that is of interest to me I'll often want to add a comment, but on some of the stories they are censored even though what I'm saying is a valid point.  Why does this happen?

One story appeared recently saying that there is research out saying chest x-rays are not always successful in diagnosing early stage lung cancer and that some patients may need to go back for further x-rays.

Did my comment on the forum get published?

Someone commented that this is yet more evidence that the NHS was a complete failure.  As an x-ray student I thought I'd reply and put the message straight.

I said that this is a piece of research which is pointing out that our current methods of diagnosing lung cancer are not always successful and should be taken on board so we can improve best practice.  Did my comment on the forum get published?  No, of course it didn't!

Normal Xray of chest. Heart in the centre. Personally, I feel that there is far too much censorship today and that otherwise valid, sensible and relevant points of view are being ignored.

I read a while back on The Daily Mail says that 'education standards are falling.'  Well, if they are going to encourage incorrect viewpoints on their website and not publish anything from anyone who looks like they know what they're talking about, I'm not surprised that people are lacking in the grey cells department!

By: James

Guest

Guest

@dicktracy, and you wonder why the DM ignors your comments after that rant. If the DM is so distasteful to you and others on this site why continue to criticize them? They obviousley don't intend to change because you don't like it. Move on.
Guest

another guest

another guest

Guest - have you ever been on the website?
another guest

dicktracy

dicktracy

Guest - you obviously don't read DM, a UK rag fixated on sensationalism and celebrity news, mostly z listers. It is not, and never has been, interested in quality or reporting news accurately.
dicktracy

Guest

Guest

Ever thought of it this way, perhaps the DM moderators will only allow comments that are constructive and meaningful from knowledgeable people.
Guest

bloke

bloke

also slightly annoying. the 20 comment per article per 24 hours limit. that includes un published comments. so if you submit a comment that doesn't get published and have to edit, the un published comment still counts towards the 20.
bloke

hadneough

hadneough

Wish more people knew about this thread because it's one of the few places you can complain about DM. Been a commenter since 2010 and suddenly banned...but I'm conservative and support Donald Trump who DM hates. They are also banning people who are leaving negative (not racist) comments about Meghan Markle and that's saying a lot since many people don't like her. Guess DM was called on the carpet by the Palace. Who knows, they've lost me for good...don't guess that they care but wonder how many others are turning away.
hadneough

bloke

bloke

I also received quite a suspicious "we have received a number of complaints, and removed your comment", on a comment that was up there for less than 5 minutes. it was a comment you'd probably make down the pub. regarding royal baby, and ISIS. "we received a number of complaints" could equate to "we deleted your comment because we felt like it"
bloke

Mollu

Mollu

Thank goodness I thought I was unusual for being banned by DM today. I now see that there is a cull going on of conservative commentators who don’t fall in line with the aggressively liberal agenda .
I didn’t post anything sweary or rude about an individual but I did post pro life comments which I assume got me the ban.
Pity that the media are censoring free speech.
Mollu

LovelyDisgrace

LovelyDisgrace

Have noticed this too. Haven't been a member for long there but I get days where my comments aren't posted for a full day or longer. None of those include any form of hate-speech, trolling, cussing or personal attacks on anyone, so I honestly don't get why they are censoring this without notification of why.
Even a comment along the lines of "I wish people would get mental help in stead of surgeries" isn't getting posted. Go figure.
LovelyDisgrace

dicktracy

dicktracy

I don't know what your comment was but there is definitely something going on with the comments section at DM. Started several weeks ago with people being banned left and right. I think they are elimininating conservatives, people who call them out on the never ending gross spelling and grammar errors or disagree with what has become a very liberal narrative. Go elsewhere unless you enjoy following the Kardashians.
dicktracy

Ro Pinene

Ro Pinene

I just got censored too on all my comments about Duchess of Sussex too. I’m pissed because I’m black and all I said is that Harry is going to be divorcing her next year and they said it was offensive and hate speech. It seems all her fans report my comment in drove. They also got my some comments about Kardashians. I emailed them and the webmaster started deleting more comments in my history and are standing by the ban. This has only made me hate royals and celebrities even more now. We are into full on fascism people, we can’t criticize the ruling class anymore.
Ro Pinene

dicktracy

dicktracy

Take a look at the number of comments - half of what they had been getting. Article that would have generated 2,000+ now have considerably fewer. Not sure why but they are limiting comments which is their right to do so. That said, I now go elsewhere where my voice can be heard.
dicktracy

notalone

notalone

Something definitely going on with the comment section - think they are trying to ban conservative commenters to fit in with their liberal narrative. One of my biggest concerns was the false, persecuting reporting on the Covington kid - days of negative articles persecuting him until proven otherwise, then no apology. Rushed to judgement on Jussie Smollett with screaming headlines how a Trump supporter had attacked him followed by daily false articles again until proven a hoax. It's hatred of a US president is blatant and articles biased and slanted even going so far as to print a false story about Mrs. Trump being an escort for which Mrs. Trump sued DM and won. Wikipedia will not allow DM to be used as a source due to sensational reporting and false information. I still read now so see how the comment section has changed within the past three months. They are trying to eliminate conservative voices or those who don't agree with their narrative or call them out on incorrect information of which there is much. Go elsewhere for news - DM has become nothing more than celebrity rag.
notalone

DavidQ

DavidQ

Received this today
User has been banned.

Hello,

Your account has been permanently de- activated for going against the Community Guidelines.
You are no longer allowed to post on the Daily Mail or other Associated Newspapers Ltd sites using this or any other user.
Regards,
Senior Community Editor
Daily Mail

I looked at the community guidelines. I have not broken any.
DavidQ

hadneough

hadneough

DM banning commenters left and right. This is their right to do so but someone pointed out, with a link to the site, how DM's popularity is decreasing and I attribute it to this. DM was the one place you could say almost anything, within reason, and it was accepted so was truly a voice for the people. No longer. I go elsewhere now for UK news. DM is turning into a celebrity, Trump[ bashing site, apparently given up on reporting the news.
hadneough