Discussion forum censorship on The Daily Mail?

I'm getting a little fed up with the Daily Mail website.  This is something that happens to me quite a lot and I believe it also happens on other discussion forums out there.  When I see an article that is of interest to me I'll often want to add a comment, but on some of the stories they are censored even though what I'm saying is a valid point.  Why does this happen?

One story appeared recently saying that there is research out saying chest x-rays are not always successful in diagnosing early stage lung cancer and that some patients may need to go back for further x-rays.

Did my comment on the forum get published?

Someone commented that this is yet more evidence that the NHS was a complete failure.  As an x-ray student I thought I'd reply and put the message straight.

I said that this is a piece of research which is pointing out that our current methods of diagnosing lung cancer are not always successful and should be taken on board so we can improve best practice.  Did my comment on the forum get published?  No, of course it didn't!

Normal Xray of chest. Heart in the centre. Personally, I feel that there is far too much censorship today and that otherwise valid, sensible and relevant points of view are being ignored.

I read a while back on The Daily Mail says that 'education standards are falling.'  Well, if they are going to encourage incorrect viewpoints on their website and not publish anything from anyone who looks like they know what they're talking about, I'm not surprised that people are lacking in the grey cells department!

By: James

boisey

boisey

DM moderating comments on almost all articles now which is their right to do so. What bugs me is that it moderates to skew reader's responses, pushing its liberal narrative. DM is also racist. Huge headlines on stories like "White construction worker beats black man in grocery store. When the races are reversed, no mention of race at all. Don't know if it's the new US editor, but the rag is worse than ever. With this moderating of comments to push it's liberal narrative, it will lose readers by the droves.
boisey

boisey

boisey

I admit I was an avid reader of DM until recently (March 2019) when it started moderating comments on most articles or not permitting comments at all which is any site's right. What comments were getting posted were those leaning liberal which is DM's political stance. DM is also a Trump hater/basher, even going to far as to blame New Zealand on Trump (called out many US media for this even liberals). It permits unmoderated comments on all Trump articles so liberals can bash away but moderates articles where it wants to skew response. I still view DM now and then but that's about it - really going down the tubes and getting too much like TMZ with rappers, z list celeb coverage.
boisey

George Orwell

George Orwell

I've been censored also. I wrote a letter of complaint to the Daily Mail editor and to IPSO and urge you all to do the same. In the comments section, I tried to make a valid point that was factual and falls under both Daily Mail guidelines and Editor's Code of Practice enforced by IPSO. There is a public interest in freedom of expression, and contributing to a matter of public debate, as well as highlighting unethical conduct or incompetence concerning the public. In my complaint, I also noted that there are growing numbers of commenters who seem to be on payrolls making derogatory comments which fall outside both Daily Mail and IPSO guidelines that are not censored and have free rule on Daily Mail. For anyone who is interested, there is a complaints section on the Daily Mail website and contact IPSO so they can conduct a proper investigation via https://www.ipso.co.uk/editors-code-of-practice or Email: advice@ipso.co.uk or Telephone: 0300 123 2220 if you live in England.
George Orwell

Binary

Binary

My comments don't get published either!
Binary

Notwokeintheleast

Notwokeintheleast

Totally agree with the above sentiment. The DM are an absolute disgrace these days. Once a bastion of free speech, it has descended into a left wing rag that is intent on policing comments to fit their narrative. I have deleted my account and voted with my feet. I can't imagine I'm alone in doing this. Perhaps when circulation and readership hits the lows of the Guardian or Independent they might just sack Geordie Grieg. By then though the damage will be done and their long standing supporters vanished.
Notwokeintheleast

Grazza

Grazza

I commented on the DailyMail site for a long time, I have lifetime 20k up votes vs 2k down votes and yet for the last 6 months they haven't published a single comment I have made.
Grazza

Spiteful Rag

Spiteful Rag

Yep, I'm blocked too from Mail Online. Was combating some really hateful stuff there. They still let me post but it never appears - did even try a rather racist right wing uninformed post and that didn't even get though! So definitely blocked.

So thought i'd try a new user name but they have your computer and MONITORS logged. So that didn't work. Used a privacy app to block the monitor ID but that then doesn't permit to create an usable account - they are really on to you in stifling free speech and posts that counter their hateful, xenophobic readers.

[e.g: Daily Mail readers downvoted the comment “Say no to racism!” 2114 times (and upvoted it only 271 times - The Reinvigorated Programmer]

If I can be arsed I'll create a new user name from a new IP (just reset the router) and from my new incoming tablet - maybe then I can counter the hate before they block my devices for not being hateful and xenophobic enough. The uglier just got uglier.
Spiteful Rag

TVFH

TVFH

Free speech is all but dead on the Daily Mail website. Today for instance they have run an article on the Palace exposure of social media 'trolls' who have had the temerity to criticise the Duchess of Excess. The Palace has named and shamed a number of these social media contributors and the DM is moderating the comments on the article so that anyone supporting our right to Free Speech is immediately censored. I wrote three comments, to no avail. Not only is this Bully boy tactics by the Palace, but it is censorship and bias by the DM. I am done with them.
TVFH
3rd Feb 19 04:57

Toby B.

Toby B.

Look at this. This is an article about the British yellow vest protestors. There is no LEGAL reason why comments need to be disabled, and yet the Daily Mail has 100% locked down public conversation on this topic. Why? Because the British Government seems to have control over this publication. It now VICIOUSLY attacks Tommy Robinson (a true British hero) and CRUSHES DISSENT. The Daily Mail is TERRIFIED that its readership might rise up against the government, so we aren't allowed to SAY ANYTHING AT ALL about these brave men and women who simply do not want millions of illegal immigrants FLOODING into our tiny island. 75 million people already. Look at this link and see for yourself what the Daily Mail's TRUE agenda has become. No comment section???? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6610513/Scuffles-break-yellow-vests-march-Leeds-protest-treated-like-nothing.html Think about it: why do they have a moderated comment section in the FRENCH yellow vest article but a DISABLED comment section in the BRITISH yellow vest article? The motivation is obvious: it's POLITICAL. The Daily Mail want to control the British population and FORCE US to accept the globalist government (Tory or Labour, both are globalist and pro-illegal immigration) and not fight back. Fighting back would mean voting for UKIP - the Daily Mail CONSTANTLY ATTACKS UKIP (the only patriotic party). Everyone has the SAME COMPLAINT ABOUT THE DAILY MAIL: POLITICAL CENSORSHIP.
Toby B.
23rd Jan 19 03:19

Jenny H.

Jenny H.

I pointed out that the Daily Mail is DISABLING comments (not just moderating them) on all British yellow vest protestor articles because they have become a FAR LEFT, GLOBALIST propaganda machine.

Got perma-banned and a warning from their head office about "unacceptable conduct". Made a new account already :)
Jenny H.
23rd Jan 19 03:09

cyndra

cyndra

the never post my comments and I don't say anything offensive
I have no idea why, maybe someone complained about a previous comment and that banned all future comments.
cyndra

tcb221

tcb221

Happens to me all the time
tcb221

DM reader

DM reader

DM removes most of my comments although they are reasonable and my opinion, while allowing other much more contentious comments from other readers allowed. It's very irritating and unfair, particularly since they invite comments after putting out very derisive headlines.
DM reader

Colonel Mustard

Colonel Mustard

Spelt my name wrong yesterday. Still better at spelling that the far-left, millennial Daily Mail journalists though!
Colonel Mustard

Colonol Mustard

Colonol Mustard

I just got banned for mentioning the Rotherham sex crimes against 1,400 white girls yesterday. The Daily Mail has a far left editor (Geordie Greig), who will not tolerate ANY criticizism of Islam. Fake "refugee", 35 year old Muslim "children" can rape, stab and blow up white citizens in countries they move to, but if we, the law abiding citizens, DARE to talk about any of the chaos they cause, our comments are not published.
Colonol Mustard