Car parked outside my house by selfish neighbour

I live in nice quite close where most houses have their private driveways apart from myself and our next door neighbour, there are however three parking spaces outside the two houses without driveways.

My issue, the typical parking one, comes from one particular neighbour.  He has a car, his wife has a car and they've also got a son.  Yep, he has a car too.  As well as three cars they also have a driveway that is long enough for at least four cars to be parked on.  Despite having a large driveway, they insist on only having one car parked on it.  The mum parks outside their house in the road and the dad parks his car outside our house.

Now when I lived at home with the parents we also had three sometimes four cars and one long driveway, almost exactly the same as theirs.  But we had no issues with parking one car behind the other and simply moving cars around if another person wished to get out, as did the majority of our neighbours.  This family however does not believe in doing this and instead parks outside my house.

I know I have no right to park outside my house but surely out of neighbourhood courtesy you would not park outside someone's house when they have no driveway and your car doesn't move often for a week at a time?

Car parked outside house I have raised this issue with the neighbour, only for him out of stubbornness and sheer single mindedness not to see my point.  Coming home with a boot full of shopping is often rather irritating having to carry it from the other end of the close, shutting the boot and locking the car on every walk to and fro.  This never happens with what I look upon as our neighbours space, as its outside their house I have the courtesy not to park there despite these issues!

...turning my front garden into a driveway

This is really starting to irritate me to the extent I'm looking at getting a dropped kerb put in and turning my front garden into a driveway, something which I don't particularly want to do or see why I should.

I understand there's three spaces outside our house, one which is normally taken up by a visitor, but they don't even see my point in having the car which doesn't move park in the drive and one of the others in the space so at least I have a chance of parking outside when they're out.

I will make sure that the next house I buy has a driveway to prevent issues like this!

fearful

fearful

I have a housing association car park right across my front door. Quite literally across my front door opening. The woman next door has the right to park there as she has been allocated this space. How that got passed planning I just do not know. I have a disabled large mobility scooter and when her car is there, which is all the time, I cannot get past it as it blocks my path. I do not want to approach them as they are always hostile to me even though I have never spoken to them at any time. I stay right away. Now the issue is, they also open their hatch back and leave items from their car on my door step and leave these things sometimes overnight. It is awful and I am afraid to say anything as I can feel they are just waiting for an opportunity to complain about something. I do not want this. also, they watch me every time I go out and come in. It's as if I am being stalked. Which I am not. but it feels that way. If I do anything outside the house in the grass area or planting area in front of my window, the neighbour comes out to watch and then send her children out to watch have have them laugh at me. It is becoming is a nightmare.
fearful

a nice lady

a nice lady

I have a young girl dumping her car outside my house too. The neighbours across from me have a driveway that fits just one car and my driveway is the same the road is narrow and I have a wide frontage around my house. We park our second car On the left as the neighbours opposite park out the front. The girl leaves her car there for days. When she first parked there she asked if I minded. I thanked her for being considerate and said no not now and then. Bow its all the time. My neighbours opposite find it difficult to get out their drive as its between two walls and have nearly hit the car a few times my neighbour next door visitors can't lark neither can mine. I wrote a nice polite note explaining that it would be nice if she would park where she was staying and why said it would be much appreciated smiley face so wouldn't think I was being mean. Car moved thought decent girl.car back!!! It's parked half on oath pedestrians walk on my garden to get past they probably think I deserve this as think it must be connected to my house. Dogs walk on my garden and a fire engine wouldn't get through. To all those who would say tough you don't own the road true but we were bought up to respect our neighbors and try not to do things that could spoil their enjoyment of their homes. As for moving we can't all afford half a million pads. What happened to do to others as you would have done to you all I can hope is that one day she finds out how this can make her feel rubbish when some inconsiderate me first sod everyone else type does the same to her. What happened to old fashioned values.
a nice lady

Missy EJ

Missy EJ

I have the same issue, neighbour has big drive and space on front but will park over my drive instead of blocking their own area also park his van on my other neighbours front, now a relatives of theirs car as been parked on half over front making it awkward to get on my drive over a month still their now..
Missy EJ
1st Jan 16 16:18

Fred E

Fred E

There are plans to change TV licence fee evasion to a civil offence but at the moment it is still a criminal offence.
Fred E

Samson (Delilah's too busy to post)

Samson (Delilah's too busy to post)

"If you watch TV without a licence you are a criminal - simples"

Not any more. It is now a civil offence, not a criminal one.
Samson (Delilah's too busy to post)

Working and taxed.

Working and taxed.

If you watch tv without a licence you are showing a bit of backbone - not criminal.
Working and taxed.

Fred E

Fred E

Pedestrians expect a pavement to exist along every road. Most of them are very poorly utilized. Who pays for pavements? Surely pedestrians need taxing to pay for pavements.
Fred E

Fred E

Fred E

If you watch TV without a licence you are a criminal - simples
Fred E

Work ethic

Work ethic

The TV licence is another bugbear of mine - I have invested in a freeview box, therefore I no longer buy a licence - simples.
Work ethic

Mike

Mike

so correct work ethic

perhaps dedicated cycle paths could be made from the tax cyclists pay - give us all a break

after all - I have a tv licence but I pay the same if I do or do not watch tv so why should cyclists be aloud to use the roads for free ?
Mike

Work ethic

Work ethic

Of course they don't Mike - that is why they feel able to flout the law at every opportunity, such as going through red traffic lights and what have you. Tax these individuals, make them have fully comp insurance and an m.o.t and display a tax disc like responsible road users have to, and maybe the Ministry of transport will be able to fill a few potholes.
Work ethic

Mike

Mike

So for all the law abiding - traffic light obeying - hand signalling - courteous - hoodlums known as 'cyclists'. Prey tell - what does the tax on fuel go on ? Does your 'vehicle' have to pass a mot ? Do you have a registration plate to identify you when you break the law ?

I think we all know the answers to those questions
Mike

Dave

Dave

Nah, road tax goes towards offsetting motorists' carbon emissions. The upkeep of roads comes from council tax which everybody pays. So stop being such an ignorant twa Mr. Motorist
Dave

Working and taxed.

Working and taxed.

At least car drivers pay towards the up-keep of the highways with their road tax, unlike these selfish 'cyclists'
Working and taxed.

Bonehed

Bonehed

Buy another car and park it in a position which obstructs them from parking outside your house. You may not get your original car parked there but at least it will stop them. That is what I did.

A neighbour used to park occupying too much space and leaving only room for half a car before double yellow lines so now I leave my second car in that position stopping them from parking there and having no space to park like I didn’t. They argued it was causing an obstruction – it didn’t seem to matter when they were parking their car there. Double standards?
Bonehed