C11 bus service in London, very poor

One thing that really bugs me regarding transport in London is the service of the C11 bus that goes through west Hampstead, Swiss Cottage and Brent Cross.

Not only is it inefficient and never on time, but the drivers are slow and have a problem a) noticing the red light 'stopping' sign when it is displayed in the bus and b)seem totally unable to hear the bell to stop, which means they drive straight past your stop.

Today, a driver was unable to attempt to park the bus at the shelter because he was not willing to try to park in a space that was taken up by cars - in fact there WAS enough space for the bus to pull in if the driver could be bothered to manoeuvre.

The bus drove on to the next stop and it was so far away from where I intended to get off it made me late for work because I had to walk all the way back.

A view inside the top deck of a London bus C11 London bus service - they do try to be on time...

I once wrote to Transport for London about the frequent lateness of the C11 and received a letter explaining they do try to be on time, along with a coloured bar chart that seemed to insinuate the C11 left the garage every few minutes nice, but it doesn't help me when I am frequently made late for work thanks to the C11 bus service!

By: DM

Anonymous

Anonymous

Would it not be easier to send 268 route from Finchley Road via 31 route and England’s lane and Belsize Park Stn to Golders Green and C11 from Brent Cross to archway via Belsize road to improve service! To royal free ? Due to overcrowding on c11
Anonymous

Ash

Ash

If passengers can drive bus company are recruiting even on c11 route I’m a driver and let me tell you this c11 route is shocking tight roads always have bin lorries or traffic on peak times can’t run on time and drivers can’t push the bus on time due to mistery travelers on the bus and can’t make up time due to high volume off passengers on stops if can do better go for it appreciate drivers bcuz not many going to be left read papers different companies giving £4000 if have experience ? Shortage off drivers hope it continues
Ash

bus hater

bus hater

Again the same problem .c11 still not on schedule i am so disapointed
bus hater

collar

collar

Typo! Should read 'bus company staff ARE not mind readers............................
collar

collar

collar

This is insanity! Most people who use buses to get to and from work (as opposed to needing a train for work purposes) do not have the privilege of an on-time service. If people who work in town are given this privilege, where does one draw the line? the countryside but not urban ? bus company staff but not mind-readers Should other people using public transport also get a pristine ride?

The problem is a lack of timetables and the solution is for local bus companies to improve and subsidise their services to reduce passenger volumes and focus on comfier seats . In fact this will not put off passengers as there are too many of them, or to put rowdy passengers off the 'bus, and call the police - transport police even.
collar

frustratingly yours

frustratingly yours

Anonymous, that's the point. The departure boards don't match the actual service!
This C11 route is frustrating. Even from the departing stop at Archway it's unreliable. Last Sunday 6th April 2014 one failed to show up (half past 8) then the next one, scheduled 17mins later was late! Today it (8.30 one) didn't even show on the boards and was late. I was quite annoyed to see it go passed me after I decided to walk to work not to take a chance to be late. On the way back, same problem! Departure boards are inaccurate by far. You just never know if there's going to be one in 4 minutes or 40 minutes. Frustrating!
frustratingly yours

Fed up Pedestrian

Fed up Pedestrian

Anonymous

Why would you wait half hour for any London bus these days? Why not check the time it's due before you set out from your pc or mobile?
Fed up Pedestrian

Dead and Buried

Dead and Buried

London + Night bus = violence & crime.
Dead and Buried

anonymous

anonymous

C11 irresponsible bus and driver,I hate C11
anonymous

anonymous

anonymous

I am very upset with this route is always irresponsible, and drivers never rush they drive like snails, I always arrive late because of them, I wait half an hour all the time
anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

The C11 route is as bad as people suggest. This evening my wife and I waited 3! minutes on Mill Lane from 6.10pm until 7.41 before a packed bus arrived. When it arrived it was packed to a dangerous degree. The driver ignored all complaints from other passengers as to the reason it was so late. Earlier this week I waited at least in excess of 15 minutes and this is not unusual. Complain to TFL and as many other parties as possible. Let them know what the public has to put up with.
Anonymous

Walk Instead

Walk Instead

Riding the buses in London, all of them, is like riding buses in the third world. They are uncomfortable, and driven by dangerous madmen. The C11 is perhaps one of the worst, but they all fail in my mind to provide a decent adequate service. They are overloaded, and the bus companies allow baby carriages which are far too large.

Pausing now for two minutes to allow the writer of this post time to catch up with the formal schedule
Walk Instead

collar

collar

A few years ago one of my dearest friends convinced me to sell my car. to him. He is just in love with cars, and is sophisticated . Very shortly after we become the lucky users of this bus, the C11. This is without any doubt the worst bus we have ever ridden upon. And I am going to ride like this until my retirement (47 year old now). So the bus as we says in my family is going to stay in the family and among friends (an other friend couple have decided to use the omnibus also. continues...
collar

Nick

Nick

London people = dirty politicians + greedy bankers + all sorts of scumbags
Nick

Whiff the Route

Whiff the Route

The C11 transports the scum of society. Drunks and drug addicts on their way to the Royal Free.
Whiff the Route