4OD too many adverts and can't be skipped

Trying to watch some videos on YouTube courtesy of 4OD is a complete waste of time because of those flippin' adverts.  It was Gordon Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares I was trying to watch as it happens.  I started the video and I put up with watching an advert at the start.  OK, nothing is for free so I figure that you have to put up with the odd advert here and there.

Not the case with 4OD apparently.  It's worse than having a television!  I got about 10 to 15 minutes into the episode and in kicked the adverts, just like the old goggle box.  Now we have these great slider things on YouTube and most other video sites, they enable you to skip past the crap you don't want to watch.

This doesn't work with 4OD and your'e forced to (quite literally) watch REALLY BORING adverts.  Not one advert, not two adverts but three or four and quite frankly, it's a waste of MY LIFE!

Remote control next button There's no way around this as far as I can see.  You've just got to endure them and you can hit refresh as many times as you like, they'll just show you MORE adverts.  It's as if your'e being punished with these adverts for having the audacity to try and avoid them in the first place.  Who do they think they are for gods sake?  The BBC iPlayer can show a complete episode or a film without the need for ads and you had one right at the start, wasn't that enough?

We don't want to watch advert after advert...

Here's a message to 4OD and all the other big shot so-called TV on demand sites out there.  We don't want to watch advert after advert.  Were happy to sit through one at that start and maybe one in the middle, but were not going to sit there and watch them non stop.  We'll TURN OFF.  We did it with terrestrial and satellite TV and well do it with TV on demand too!  We'll go somewhere else that doesn't have adverts or we'll just download THAT show from somewhere else will all the ads removed.

Learn a lesson here.  If you get greedy and try to suck up ALL of our time you'll get nothing at all!  Man..  I am seriously peed off right now.  I was enjoying that show and now Im so angry right now barely think straight, and it was all because I was caught in a loop of adverts, unable to skip them and get on with the rest of the programme.

By: Hate TV adverts

Dream

Dream

I have installed quick heal on my computer. When ever I go for i-banking I get popup window at clicking password. How can I get rid of this. I shall try the tips given above. Thanks
Regards:
Dream

Stupidtv

Stupidtv

I feel you. Just endured 4mins of adverts every ten minutes. Thought it wasn’t that bad when it wasn’t peak hours but I was watching 3am-6am on a Thursday night. I’m just gunna not bother anymore- this night resulted in me knowing that stupid Kanye West song like i wrote it myself (the fact it’s on two adverts now and they also play them back to back is also so annoying that it’s driven me to distraction).
IM SO ANGRY
stupid tv
Stupidtv

matty

matty

It's ridiculous the other day I just had to sit through 3 minutes of adverts to watch a 1 minute 20 deleted scene.
matty

Tat Fan

Tat Fan

Sooo Annoying.

I was just trying to show a work colleague a bit of Tattoo Fixers, but I kept triggering adverts, 4 minutes at a time. Gave up and can't be bothered to try and show him again, so he won't start watching the program will he!!

F.Adverts. No wonder people use illegal streams to watch TV.
Tat Fan
22nd Aug 17 13:25

Annoyed

Annoyed

It's absolutely ridiculous!! I got my iPad out to watch something because I didn't want to sit through my husband's boring programme and by the time the adverts had finished he was asking me if I wanted to choose something because his programme had finished!!!!!!!!!!!!
Annoyed

Moze

Moze

I have just tried to watch a programme and I have had to endure 2:52mins of adverts absolutely disgusting I will never use 4od again
Moze

Geteven

Geteven

Do what I do never ever buy anything that's advertised and if I already do I never buy it again . If everyone did that it would not pay to advertise. YouTube is getting really bad as well it has the opposite effect of wanting something that your forced to watch .
Geteven

Suzy

Suzy

It wouldn't be so bad if they played different ads at each interval. I was catching up on 2 episodes and I swear I must have been shown the same bloody cheese advert 6 times.
Suzy
23rd Apr 17 18:17

who cares

who cares

I gave up trying to watch F1.pop ups and adverts were ridiculous. Just turned it off. Pointless waste.
who cares

Iainy

Iainy

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Iainy

fasf

fasf

I hate them so much, I go out the room when they are on. I go to the loo, make a cup of tea, start some dinner, etc. I just take my time so that I come back when the show is back on again, and then you can rewind slightly and catch it from when the adverts ended. I just wish Channel 4 knew that I watch lots of their stuff and never watch a single advert. I wouldn't mind if they weren't so annoying and stupid.
fasf

Crayonless

Crayonless

You're right. I literally Googled and am typing this comment while I wait for yet another set of adverts to go by. Unbelievably frustrating - worse than TV. I prefer not to torrent or go to some other free streaming site to watch shows I enjoy, but what do they expect when they bombard their audience with ads after ads. So unfair and so greedy.
Crayonless
23rd Nov 16 18:35

MaInY

MaInY

I have the exact same problem with 4OD. Random error that makes you start the program again. But to get to that point, I need to watch 4 adverts to begin with, then try to skip to the part I was at, only to notice I have to watch another 4 minutes of adverts and then sometimes even have to skip further into the program and watch yet another 4 minutes of adverts. That's nearly 15 minutes of adverts just to get back to where I was (After already watching 15 minutes of adverts). I just torrent any programs that are on 4OD because I refuse to be an advert watching revenue machine.
MaInY

4od sucks.

4od sucks.

Ye I gotta agree 4od is pretty terrible.

Sometimes 4od will say something along the lines of there being an error in the application when you are watching a show, then to get back to the point you were at you need to watch 2 sets of 4-5 adverts, so near enough 10 adverts just to get to where you were.

In general way too many adverts so I know i'm going to stop using it.
4od sucks.

Ashley Jones

Ashley Jones

Can someone help me figure out why this won’t work over an SSH tunnel or VPN? Everything works like its supposed to on the local network but through the tunnel I get an instant connection reset in firefox. When I try to havigate to the router IP of 192.168.2.1 I get an instant connection reset, but when I append the port 81 (192.168.2.1:81) it get’s me right into the dd-wrt interface. I think the firewall redirect isn’t working on these remote connections but don’t know enough yet to fix on my own.
Regards