Dirty public toilets are disgusting

It's something I really detest and there is absolutely no need for it.  Everyone on the planet must have used a public toilet at some point in their life.  Why is it some people though, feel the need to urinate (have a pee) all over the toilet seat?  I guess I'm very specifically talking about men here because I would imagine that women would find it quite difficult to make that mess since they don't pee standing up.  Correct me if I'm wrong though, it's just I don't spend time in the ladies toilet these days.

I've been to all manner of different public toilets from motorway service stations and train stations to pubs and nightclubs.  You can be pretty certain that half of them will have a cubicle containing a yellow stained dripping bum seat at some point.  Absolutely disgusting, and from experience I'd say the pubs and clubs have the worst, especially the closer you get to closing time.  Some men (ok, some women too!) after a few beers just plain loose the ability to pee straight.  The floor usually gets this treatment as well so you end up standing in a stinking puddle too scared to move or touch anything.

Another disgusting toilet, please learn to pee IN the toilet, not on it! ... send them back to potty training school!

Some public conveniences have sanitary wipes or tissue seat covers.  Very good idea in my opinion, although sometimes it's so bad it might be a lost cause.  How many of you have carefully placed a neat ring of tissue around the seat before lowering your derriere?  It's no wonder that people hover above the seat or place lot's of loo roll around it so they don't have to touch it.

Bottom line, peeing on a public toilet seat should be made a criminal offence and a fitting punishment for these chaps would be to send them back to potty training school!

collar

collar

I would always steer well clear of these places, although I realise for some they are a neccessity. I have my own reasons of course. They are - can't stand the vile garaffitti - and there are always those nasty machines dispensing prophylactcs. Your reasons may be different - have you ever used the toilets and and found them of below-par? your views will be uploaded to a website for this sort of thing.

I have used many under par toilets and you should see the owners face when you tell them . I've sat in many loos and witnessed first hand. It's shocking.
collar
2nd Jul 14 06:07

jobby

jobby

Out for the day recently I was obliged to visit the gent's public water-closet. With a sense of trepidation I entered the gloomy sanctum and was immediately confronted with obscene graffiti - a shiny machine dispensing lurid prophylactics dominated another wall. Further in was the line of cubicles, and I imagined the furtive whisper of limp-wristed fellows engaged in romantic liaisons, their bushy moustaches bristling like the fletching upon arrows.
With a Bang and a gurgle, a cistern voids, and a respectable tax-payer emerges from a purge-kiosk, and to my horror he empties a syringe into a bulging, pulsating vessel in his forearm. I was by now almost swooning with disgust until I suddenly realised my mistake - the gentleman was a diabetic and was administering a 'hit' of the peptide hormone insulin. I sheepishly explained my faux pas, and luckily the gentleman saw the funny side of my error, and we both threw back our heads and roared with mirth, while slapping our thighs.
It just goes to prove how easy it can be to gain a false impression!
jobby

hairyfairy

hairyfairy

I hate public toilets! not just because theyr`e putrid & revolting in this country, but why the h*ll are they designed like they are. I mean the cubicles are so small you`d think that they were made for dwarves, have you ever used one in a supermarket with all you bags with you?, then there`s the gap a the bottom, & if I`m using one next to a mother with a toddler, I can virtually guarantee that if I look down, I`ll see the kid has shoved it`s head under the partition & is looking up at me. They should totally change the design of these places so that even if they aren`t clean, at least we can have some privacy.
hairyfairy

not that desperate

not that desperate

I have never and never will be desperate enough to use a public toilet, I would have to be crying and severely desperate to even consider it!
Only ever stepped foot in one once and some vile disgusting creature stepped out, head held high even though she had just left a disgusting mess followed by a disgusting smell behind her!! needless to say i simply washed my hands and walked straight back out.
It is little wonder so many people contract OCD these days!
not that desperate

Wipe your Hands before and after

Wipe your Hands before and after

I went into a loo in a pub yesterday which actually had a special dispenser for hand gel disinfectant. What is the nation coming to?
Wipe your Hands before and after

AreYouShittingMe

AreYouShittingMe

omfg you should see the ladies toiliets as Surbiton station, Surrey, Uk. Broken toilet seat, broken lock, cobwebs and a build up of dust that must be at least several years old. And now for the piece de res, splattered menstrual blood all up the wall of cubicle one. This was not fresh blood, it was days old, if not weeks and months old. This is a public facility for goodness sake. Why can't the jobsworth a holes who work there take a bit of pride and get some goddamn hot soapy water out to clean that place?! Broken bits and bobs is one thing, but accumulated dirt and dust is another. Sickening. I have written to the train operator and my local council and Natiional Raill about this. I exepect zilch back.
AreYouShittingMe

ashes68

ashes68

Hygiene is not present in these toilets. Toilet rolls either on the floor or on top of dirty sanitary bins. Floors wet through.Unisex the latest cheap option. We are going backwards not forwards, we are treated like animals now. The pay 20p automatic loos' are scary, what happens if the lock is faulty? I wouldn't trust them as my husband got stuck in one, luckily he pushed 20p under the door so that I could open the door. What if he'd been on his own?
ashes68

harry potter

harry potter

public toilets are the worst but i agree that the toilet seat is the last of your worries - its definitely the toilet door handle that you should fear! I spend ages trying to devise a way to get out without touching it. I either A) wait for someone to come though the door; B) open it with a paper towel; C) open it with one finger or D) open it with my sleeve! For years I kept thinking someone should invent something to solve this problem and then last week a friend told me that the miracle has happened - there's now a toilet door handle that cleans your hands (www.hygienehandle.co.uk) - yes you have read this correctly - its from a company called pure hold (lovin the name) and it looks like it might actually work. If not then I'm going to invent it myself!
harry potter
3rd Dec 11 11:12

Bah Pissoire

Bah Pissoire

It appalls me when I have spent a fortune on beer in a pub, and have to visit the loo there's pee all over the floor. Disgusting. Pub loos I nUK are NOT up to standard.
Bah Pissoire

Bah Pissoire

Bah Pissoire

Bah Pissoire

Moonface and Silky

Moonface and Silky

Ive just been in one of the toilets at Glastonbury festival it was disgusting it smelt like someone had died in there.
Moonface and Silky

anonymous

anonymous

I completely agree. This includes university stalls where there is a large muslim population. I saw one woman come into the washroom while I was in the stall beside her, there was pee coming into my stall from her stall. I said “you are peeing all over the floor.” Which received the response: “don’t talk to me”. I reiterated “excuse me, but you are peeing all over the floor!” and I exited my stall and went to wash my hands. She did not come out for the longest time, and after she left, (drying her hands on paper from the stall) I looked in her stall to see pee ALL OVER THE SEAT! I was disgusted. This bathroom frequently looks like this, as they refuse to use toilet paper (instead use water) and squat over the seat.
anonymous

grumpyoldwoman

grumpyoldwoman

So martha; if you splatter your own toilet seat someone else has to clean it up? Nice for them!

I think you really need to see that you have a big problem.
grumpyoldwoman

martha

martha

Toliets are gross. I would never sit on a public one. I do sit on my own at home, since no one else does. If I accidently splatter the seat, I'm not wiping it up... I may accidently touch the toliet. Also do not touch the lock on a bathroom stall or the door knob to open bathroom door. I use paper towels to get soap out of the container.
martha

Bank-Bank

Bank-Bank

There was a time I was using the restroom and I put more than one seat cover just to be safe. Two to be specific or three, I don't remember. So im over here eurining and I still feel my pee and im thinking why hasn't it gone through the paper thing into the toilet?I thought that no matter what the liquid is, it's always gonna go through paper...?
Bank-Bank