Gender equality, myth or reality?

No, I'm not against it the idea of gender equality.  Actually, I'm all for it.  I grew up amongst peers of both sexes whom I considered to be my equals and thought it would always be that way.  I thought we would have the same support, the same rights and the same opportunities.  How wrong I was.

See, the problem is I am male.  Whilst women enjoy an exalted status, support from government funded groups and who are celebrated for each success, men receive none of this.  Instead, society seems to want to mourn the fact that many men are still so successful.  The advertising media want to portray men as buffoons; the courts want to show paternal sympathies to women and the Government wants to restrict our equal access to politics.  We die younger, but more public money is still spent on peculiarly female diseases, we receive our pension later, even though we pay more tax and we even have to pay higher car insurance because we're presumed to be a liability on the road (and we can never prove otherwise, regardless of how long we drive without a claim - my father's 50 now and still has to pay more than my mother simply because he is a man).

The BBC spends vastly more money on programmes women want to watch.  They have a whole Government ministry of their own.  They're far less likely to get a custodial sentence for an offence, especially if they have children, despite the fact that they are an equal threat to society.  When they commit murder, they don't have to prove anything to suggest it was retaliation for domestic abuse.  Even their names cannot be published when they cry rape against a man falsely, a crime which I believe equates to the act itself considering the repercussions.  It's gone so far that men are presumed guilty whilst women are presumed innocent because of an ongoing stereotype that women are the more passive.

Gender equality? There are women only shortlists for Parliament (which makes it far easier for a woman to win a seat irrespective of ability, because less women overall apply).  They're allowed to complain about the pay gap, even though this is largely due to working shorter hours or choosing to have a break from the workforce to bring up their children (I can assure you just as many men would take a pay cut to do the same thing if society let them).

feminists who demand positive discrimination...

And the thing that annoys me most of all is the feminists who demand positive discrimination.  In short, that means my generation being discriminated against to compensate for the mistakes of our grandparents. I didn't benefit from that, so why should I pay for it?  Why should opportunities be any different just because of gender?

The equivalent from a male perspective would be to withdraw men from all wars in which the UK was currently engaged and replacing them with women.  It's not the current generations' fault that millions of men have died in past wars, but if today's men have to pay for earlier generations of unequal opportunities, then why shouldn't women pay for earlier generations unequal sacrifices of life?

Now, I don't believe these inequalities are caused by most women, but they certainly benefit from them and so do not oppose them either.  And those in politics of both genders fervently support them, not because they're right but because there's a core feminist vote to be won to swing the marginals, and no male vote to counter it.  Hopefully, that is all about to change.

By: Andrew

Tired and emotional

Google 'Right wing blogger says feminist should be fixed' some 'men' really do find women intimidating, no wonder he posts so much rubbish on here and numerous other forums.

feminist

Internationale

What is a feminist?

Rebecca West

"I myself have never able to find out precisely what a feminist is. I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat"

Internationale

BAH! Everywhere I go today I am reminded it's International Women's Day.

So What!

If a person in a wheelchair is said to be "Physically Challenged", what's that make a feminist? "Sexually Challenged"?

ahforfoulkesssake

Hi everyone
I've got to say I agree with Andrew who posted on here his gripe.
I think that anyone who's concerned about the men-women imbalances in society should read Kay horrowitz's(may have got name wrong there, check by title on amazon if you will) Manning Up about how young men my age say 18-30s age group(im 27, near 28) are being almost forced into a prolonged adolescence by society's pro-feminist (nothing wrong with girls having an equal chance) but also anti-male(guys today are being made redundant in every part of their lives) attitudes and the lack of traditional male jobs left in western countries like UK and USA.
Throwing the baby out with the bathwater I think.
31st May 13 05:05

Stalag 14

Quote of the day:
Trafford Housing Trust said last night: “we expect employees at all levels to act respectfully and adopt our ethos of valuing, respecting, supporting, and treating people with dignity regardless of their age, disability, faith, gender or gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, or maternity, status or race-ethnicity or s****l orientation.”

Well that has put me in my place; having been on four buses today and feeling somewhat to the right of Genghis Kahn.

Mo

Charmbrights, she should have given proper notice and not just left like that but this is one woman, why would you say would a man act like that as if most women would? Most don't.

I was reading about a serial rapist today but I am not coming on here and saying "would a woman act like that?"

Also, maybe they have to move quickly to another part of the country and need to find a new home fast. You are not asking why she is responsible for the house hunting and not her husband.

Charmbrights

We had a fully qualified female draughtsman where I worked. She had been with us for three years and was paid exactly the same a a man in the same position, with the same terms and conditions, etc.

One Tuesday she didn't arrive until 10 am and immediately started collecting her personal possessions together.

When asked why, she replied, "Oh I'm leaving today. My husband has been promoted and it means we have to move, so I'm going house hunting." And with that she left.

Was she doing "equal work" for which she got "equal pay"? Can anyone seriously imagine a male employee acting like that?

London Geezer

The Judge - Power comes from money and influence. If we men have most of the good jobs we still have most of the money, power and influence.

Most heads of state , CEOs of the richest companies and heads of the major banks are men. Follow the money, it leads to power.

Jess

Everything needs to be equal from employment opportunities and pay to custody and child support. The ERA will never pass in the US because of too much backward thinking and stuffy politicians. Too bad we'll never see a day where there is actual equality. By the way I'm a feminist who doesn't support that men are evil. I think that if a man is more qualified he should get the job, if a woman commits a crime she needs to pay the same penalty. If a woman hits a man he should hit her back and women should freely serve in the military.
2nd Nov 10 10:11

anon

" "Will" has no "kill" in it so the software allows it unchanged. "Skill" has "kill" in it so it gets disinfected."
You just typed kill and it did not get changed. Does putting it in inverted commas make a difference? kill. skill "kill" "skill"
22nd Jun 10 07:06

Kat

22nd Jun 10 05:06

Kit

Mike, I am just going out so this is not a considered reply. I would have to disagree with you on the "many" rather than "some" women as this does not accord at all with my experience.

I have , among my friends, family, work colleagues etc met very few women like that and , as I said, only one who was so blatant. I suppose you have to give her marks for honesty!

Your experience seems to be rather different.

Any comments on the double "ll" thing by the way?
22nd Jun 10 03:06

Kit

Does anyone have any idea why "ski11ed" gets printed with two 11s but "willing" came up normally when I typed them in the same way and both in Wordpad?
22nd Jun 10 03:06

Kit

Mike, if she was very beautiful and has a great figure she may be able to make an advantageous marriage to a well off man. There are still men willing to make that trade . Although she would probably need better social skills, brains and charm to make a go of it.

I knew a woman once who was raised by her mother to believe that men were ruled by their "dumb sticks" and that a clever, good looking woman could use that to get a good life. She had a succession of well off lovers from whom she would wheedle "presents", usually good jewellery or cars.

Oddly enough, she worked quite hard at her game. She expended a lot of time and energy on her appearance of course but the greatest part of her "work" was in the maintenance of the man's ego. She actually did not like sex much but was very ski11ed in pleasing men and in making them think they were total studs.

Perhaps men like that deserve women like that?

She was not a happy person though and seemed incapable of forming a loving relationship with a man. She didn't like women much either as we were the potential competition!

Regarding your point about equality though, the existence of a few women of her mercenary tendency is no argument for genuine gender inequality where it exists any more than the existence of a few men egotistical and stupid enough to marry them is an argument for men's inferiority.

These people are a minority, she was the only woman I have ever met with that attitude - and most women have no higher opinion of them than you do.
22nd Jun 10 02:06

lost and found

The reason for the rise in such dangerous activity is desperation and a society that is stack against them, they feel that there is nothing worth living for as they are labelled failures for simply being male. if the data from services such as the Samaritans can be generalized.

If women are 'sex objects' are men just 'success objects'?

The gender pay gap is a methodologically flawed assessment as was quoted by Smithy women earn on average 70% of the wage of men, but when you understand the comparison does not take into consideration hours worked, shift work, education and danger of job the figure is meaningless (unless your a women). This flaw once removed shows an actual gender pay gap of less then 2%.

The choice mean that men are paid high because they take the more riskier jobs, what has been referred to as the 'death and exposure jobs' while women choose the less dangerous employment. So is it any wonder that the gender pay gap is 70% under such methodological errors (Current figure is actually 80%).
22nd Jun 10 12:06

anon

If a greater proportion of men than women choose to kill themselves with alcohol and drugs, how is that proof of inequality? They don't have to do that, they have a choice.

Women still do more of the low paid jobs. Go into a large supermarket - how many men do you see bashing the tills all day in what is a tedious and poorly paid job?
21st Jun 10 02:06

lost and found

Smithy I would argue that the figures show that the pay imbalance is at the top level earners and to penalise low paid males for the greed of the top earners is both unfair and unjust. The figures show that there is no real gender paygap for the lowest socio-economic group and if there is a difference then it appears with the very young earners where young females under 21 earn more then young males.

Do you really think you can end inequality by creating inequality?

I no more wish to blame females for the inequalities that males face then I wish to be blamed for any female inequality, but it does appear that politics and Feminist groups wish to blame all men.
21st Jun 10 12:06

lost and found

A nice report that unintentional shows that males are discriminated against is 'The Global Gender Gap Report (2006) which was produced by the World Economic Forum in Geneva. It shows that under the current paradigm the equality of a nation is based on how many women have access to things such as healthcare, education or political power when compared to men. If less women have access to something then it is judged as an inequality but if its the other way round and less men have access it is judged as an equality. Men are under attack but to fight back in this world is impossible without being labelled as sexist, Is it no wonder then that the male suicide rate has been increasing and that alcohol, drug and other risk taking behaviour is killing more males without any real sign of it being seen as an inequality.

:D

what you fail to realise is that gender discrimination deos go both ways. Yes it think its awful that rape is assumed to be true when cried out against a man, and I think that the way in which we are inclined to give custody to the female of a parted relationship is terrible-also alamony payments can be ludicrous. But you can hardly complain about your situation when women are in the same one. Women have the joy of lower pay, and you cant deny it, its nolt always due to working less hours etc. women are not as valued in the workpalce, they are finding it incresingly diffucult to break into big businesses becuase they dont want a 'hormonal woman' around or they fear pregnancy. Not all women want to take time off, or leave, to be a house wifew the minute they drop a kid but it is assumed that they do and they are penalised beucase of this misconception. Maybe womens achievemnets are more celebrated but did you ever think thats becuase not as many women do it since everything is male dominated anad it will remain that way as long as men hire more and more men.
I think what we have to relaise is that we are all discriminated against in different ways due to our gender and we have to work together to fight against it rather than pointing the finger at each other
x
2nd May 10 12:05

Gainsborough lad.

Regarding Mary Bell, as the old saying goes, leopards never change their spots.

Anona

Gainsborough lad,

apology accepted regarding the name. In truth I wish I had spent a bit more time thinking of a better one!

I think you are wrong about Mary Bell; her name comes up like clockwork in the papers everytime there is an article about "children who kill".

The difference is that after her release she appears to have lived a decent life. She worked and raised a child and is , by all accounts, a good mother whereas Jon Venables was in the news as he broke his parole conditions by being caught in possesion of child p.ornography.

Gainsborough lad.

Anona, I called your name pathetic, not you, anon is a name that is used on discussion boards on a lot of sites on the internet, to add an "a" to it seems silly to me, if offended, I apologise,

The fact is that they are all as evil as each other, Mary Bell ki11ed two little children on her own 40 years ago, John Venables and Robert Thompson jointly ki11ed one little child 17 years ago,

You could say that as it was a joint effort, Venables and Thompson ki11ed half a child each against Bells two children on her own, in that repect she could be four times more evil,

The gender inequality is that Mary Bell is hardly ever mentioned compared to Venables and Thompson, the media seems to be constantly reporting on them two murderers.

ANONA

GL. Anona is the "real" posting name that I use! I have posted on a lot of different subjects and not just to you. Why, who do you think I normally post as?
It is very rude of you to say that it is a "pathetic" name. It was intended as a sort of joke, a feminised version of "anon". You keep criticising Been There for name calling and then you do the same to me. There is no need for such discourtesy when I asked you a legitimate question.
So.... I still don't understand in what way you think that this is a gender equality issue. Venables and Thompson and Mary Bell were all imprisoned and later released so where is there any inequality?

Gainsborough lad.

Anona, I have been on this site for a couple of years now, I know that there are people on here that will pick on other people because they dislike what their point of view is,

If you want me to explain in a more juvenile type of talk, then I suggest that you use your real posting nickname instead of the pathetic "anona"

Anona

Gainsborough Lad,
what point are you making here? What on earth do Mary Bell, and Venables and Thomson have to do with gender equality?

Gainsborough lad.

Kit, I remember Sidney Cookes name, and one of his partners Robert Oliver, but they were adults, unlike John Venables, Robert Thompson, and Mary Bell the point of my post,

We will never forget Hindly, Brady, Venables, and Thompson, my point is that Mary Bell seems to be long forgotten compared to Venables and Thompson,

Is this because she is now a mother and grandmother, and no longer seen as a monster that she is? or is it "gender equality reality"? the subject of this gripe.

grumpyoldwoman

This isn't relevant to the original gripe but continues from the current discussion.

I've just been listening to some of Jeremy Vine about the poor bloke who is the victim of a rumour that he is Jon Venables. Even though Venables is currently inside, so this man could not be him, they still think he is!

It reminds me of the time I heard that idiots had been pursuing a hate campaign against a doctor because they didn't know the difference between a paedophile and a paediatrician.

Sums up alot of the trouble with this country really - a worryingly large proportion of the population are thick as sh*t.

Kit

GL The reason Mary Bell's notoriety is not so great is because her crime was committed over 40 years ago.

The opposite to your argument is in fact true. People remember Myra Hindley precisely because she was a woman and consider her crime to be worse because women are perceived as maternal and gentler than men. How many people remember her name but have forgotten the names of similar male paedophiles and child murderers?

Who, for example, remembers Sidney Cooke who was part of a group of men who gang raped and then strangled Jason Swift in 1985? Cooke was imprisoned in 1989 but, unlike Hindley, he was parolled just nine years later in 1998. He went on to rape and abuse many more children and his gang is believed to have ki11ed 9 children.

Who remembers his name?

Gainsborough lad.

Jon Venables and Robert Thompson are quite rightly being hounded by the national press for the premeditated murder of two year old James Bulger in 1993, (when the two murderers were ten years old) the murderers names are now household names,

However, is Mary bell mentioned that much? she murdered two young boys in 1968, she went on to have a family and has just become a grandmother, is the reason that her evil notoriety is not so great is that she is female?

EvilTory

Why do women get 9 to 12 months off work to have a baby?

Women have been having babies since the dawn of our species and have managed to survive after childbirth.

Employers should be freed from this obligation and women should have a month off to recover.
If they want to return to work after that, then that's what grandparents are for?

feckless wreck

"Whilst women enjoy an exalted status, support from government funded groups and who are celebrated for each success, men receive none of this"
oh and I wonder why : maybe because you're in no need of it? because on each job you take you get paid 25% more or because generally when women form families with men they make themselves vulerable and dependant on people who just go walking out the door after x number of years without even having the decency to leave them a roof over their head ( happened with my family).
Fact : yes, there are women-only shortlists for parliament. Why? To redress the balance..
and yet Britain is still far behind other developed countries in terms of the number of female MP's.
Opportunities should be different because of gender for the moment until a balance is reached that then becomes natural for people to uphold.
If women hadn't had the Sufragette's movement we would not have even had the VOTE in this country.
Admit it : you're just scared that you males are losing their patriarchal control over us.
Also: have some respect. It's women who bear future children, not you. And it's us responsible for the upbringing of future generations since you people never contribute enough.
So actually we DO deserve far better treatment. And we need to be educated, employed, equaly financially stable and strong as you in order for the world not to fall into darkness.

aleedsfella

Finally the damage being done to this country by its narcissistic and delusional females is coming to light. Stop crying sexism and glass ceilings every time something does not go your way. Stop thinking the world owes you a favour purely because you�re female, No you should not be placed in top jobs just because you're female
Our women have driven many major companies out of Britain due to their divine right to everything. Any sector/company with a high female staff count is drowning in its own bureaucracy. All the sexist legislation being pushed through by that sexist Harman is not furthering the female cause it simply hampers the English male. You have not gained any ground on life's ladder girls, all you have done is drag your men back down it.
You have been given the upper hand in the family by weak minded, vote hungry politicians and my god you have pretty much destroyed it. The birth rate has dropped through the floor as the English male now looks upon marriage and children as guaranteed financial suicide.
I attended my children's school sports day a while ago and the head line game was Boys vs. Girls football. The teachers (90% female) were making a song and a dance about how the girls could hold their own against the boy's. So the game kicks off, I was soon informed by other dads that the boys were not allowed to tackle the girls, and girls could tackle boys!
I had to laugh at how it reflected the battle of the sexes in the adult world. And despite several sending's off for the boys (the first of which was my son) the boys still won, much to the disgust of the female official.
It's time to get back to the real world girls, you have to adapt to your environment and not continuously expect the environment to adapt to you! The ironic thing in all this is that your narcissistic demands are now destroying the very system that empowers you. "EQUALITY ON YOUR TERMS" is not equality girls

Sauce for the Gander

I suspect my spendthrift wide of gross over-spending, and running up a compeltely unacceptable overdraft, and money on credit cards.

When I go to her bank and call here credit card company, and ask for details, they turn me away.

I demand to know. I have every right of knowing how much is the woman ruining us.

Moaning Minnie

Errr hold on. No-one's making this site boring. Yet. You'd all get bored straight away if there wasn't anyone to moan to.....

Mr Hicks

Grumpyoldwoman,you say these ladettes are everywhere and they are gruesome!!People knock the youth of today because they are and always have been such an easy target.Lay of,them,please,the overwhelming majority are Ok.

grumpyoldwoman

In Torquay once I saw 3 teenage girls coming towards me filling the pavement; I swear you wouldn't have got any change out of 50 stone for the three of them!
These "ladettes" are everywhere, gruesome!

As to the original gripe, I have already said that I agree with all of it; but one thing that really annoys me is the fact (mentioned in the gripe) that a girl can falsely accuse a man of rape and his name is made public while hers is not. I think the girl's name should be made VERY public once it has been shown that the accusation was false. These cases unfortunately give genuine rape victims a bad name.

MikeP

So you've been to Crawley and Swindon as well then, grumpyoldwoman! I must admit though I saw some pretty gruesome sights last week in genteel Salisbury where one might expect a better class of person.

Mr Hicks

Grumpyoldwoman,
you are very ever-present on this site.It is as though you have taken it on for yourself to "police"the site to make sure nobody is too "controversial".It as though you wish everybody to conform to "cosy" norms.It makes the site boring.could you please limit yourself to perhaps two or three comments per day and allow interesting,dare I say "troll like" commenters to contribute and Liven things up a bit?

grumpyoldwoman

Well Mike, alot of girls these days have the last of those three!

MikeP

Women will only be equal to men when they can walk down the street bald, unshaven, and with a beer gut and still think they are sexy and getting admiring glances from members of the opposite sex.

grumpyoldwoman

Ooh look, I can spell and puctuate better than simon xmas! And I'm only a feeble minded woman!

Ace

Way to go grumpy, you tell him/her. As for the whole equality and equal rights thing I just wish mens boots were as nice had as much variety as womens boots. It's not fair!

grumpyoldwoman

A nice balanced opinion there, Ian!

As to more intelligent, my IQ is 147; what's yours?

I do agree that on balance women are probably better at doing the "homemaking", but where would you be in your career ( assuming you have a good one!) without the support system provided by your wife? Would you want to come home and do your ironing?

And how congenial is your own appearance?

Ian Parsons

Equal gender equality sucks.Men are stronger,faster and more intelligent than women.Women at work mostly just get in the way.If you criticize them they shed bucketloads of crocodile tears.A real women in my opinion finds a high achieving alpha male and then stays at home has the children and makes a great home for the kids like my beautifull wife.Then again thinking about it most women are rough as old ar***oles".

grumpyoldwoman

I agree with all of it as well!

I think that men and women are equal but different. We generally have different abilities which are the result of evolution. While men went off hunting and pursued an animal with single mindedness the women would select and gather plants for food and medicine. This is why, in general, men are more single minded in pusuing a goal and women are better at differentiating between things like tones and shades of colour and texture (for plant selection) and better, therefore at with dealing with details.

We need to work with these different abilities and not against them! Positive discrimination is still discrimination and still wrong.

Moaning Minnie

Do you know what, I actually agree with everything written in this gripe and I'm a woman.

Bye One Get One For Free

Why are gents toilets so often only urinals and not full relieving facilities?
Women get the full choice as there isn’t a partial choice for them like there is for men. Hence men are not provided with full relieving facilities if only a urinal is provided.
We should insist on full relieving facilities for both men and women.
Harriet - have you read my letter on inequality here?

Grumpy xx

Shouldn't that be Harriet Harperson?

Surely Harriet HarMAN is sexist. Perhaps we should call her Harriet HarFEM to help promote the female equality agenda

Congo

"Im sorry to disagree with you derek and joan but I think Harriet Harman is extremely sexy."

'Mr Hicks'

You need help man. Urgently! ;)

The Independent

Unpaid labour?

You choose to have a baby so it is your duty to do the best for your child not expect others to pay you or use it to score points.

If you were forced into slavery you would have a point but as it is voluntarily it is your choice and so you do it without expecting others to help you out and taking others for granted.

Safe male

If you as a woman did better at school, then doesn't that show you were provided with more than the boys were? It proves you were given a chance and catered for during your school days but doesn't prove you are more capable when compared with the many males who are not catered for during their school days.

You women look for every opportunity to score points over men but your evidence is flawed - like female drivers.

You only have fewer accidents because you don't drive as much or drive at the worst times so you have it easier. Get out in all situations and do as much driving and let's see how many more accidents there would be with more women on the road.

taximezzo

Sorry, I can't agree with you, in so many ways that I haven't time to write it here. But if you still think women have it so easy, consider this. If a woman were to contract out all the work, cooking, cleaning, childcare etc, that she will do in a year for nothing, it would cost £26,000. Women, even when they work as many hours and earn as much as a male partner will still do at least 70% of this work. Now if a woman were to demand of an employer, or the government, that she be paid for this in addition to her salary, so that she COULD contract it out, and enjoy the free time that a man does, our society would collapse. Hence, our society only runs because of womens' unpaid labour.
You may not like having to pay the price for thousands of years of gender inequality, but I don't see why I, and generations of women after me, should have to put up with the unfairness that has persisted for generations. We do better at school, and at university. If we are paid less than men, or do not appear among the ranks of top managers, there is something else besides ability to do the job at work here. It's worth noting that in Norway, where male/female quotas among top managers were introduced to even the gender balance, the productivity of those companies increased.
In an ideal world, there would be no discrimination, but there has been in the past, and the effects of discrimination are often felt for generations after. It's no use just saying "we're all equal now" and hoping that will sort it out.

Ace

"The UK's system of maternity and paternity leave is unfair to poorer mothers, detrimental to fathers and bad for the economy, a think-tank argues. Fathers are excluded from the system and are "at best treated as an irrelevance", the Reform report says. The report says poorer parents are hit twice, with less time off and lower maternity pay." - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/education/8149702.stm

Stop the beggars

I know some males who have been treated worse than females but because of all the exaggerated hype in favour of women's rights these poor men are ignored.

This is one area where men are kicked where it hurts twofold.

Many fat cats might be male but that shouldn't be used against males who are already treated unfairly.

If the problem cannot be resolved fairly and the extras females have over males (which in many cases outweigh the disadvantages) then I am all for stopping these extras females get at the expense of males and earlier retirement even though females live longer,and letting them face up to reality instead of being wrapped in cotton wool all the time.

If females were treated like males some of the females would end up going to Bridgend.

Grumpy xx

Female inequality still exists in many professions: The City, for instance, where the glass ceiling is still very apparent. Look on any website for a list of the directors of most private companies. Do you seem mainly women staring back at you? No, most if not all are white, male middle aged with a token women on the board. Lookism is another female disciminatory trait. Look at the news, and any other prime time TV programme with female presenters - all of them are young, attractive and sexy. Not a middle aged woman in sight. Yet the men are still hired, irrespective of whether they are bald, fat and ugly.

Mr Hicks

Fair Play

Individuals should be seen for what they are and can do, not by the category they come into.

I object to people from minority groups being given preference over people from majority groups to give a more even distribution since this discriminates against the less fortunate in the majority groups and those in the minority groups claiming it is fair.

If they think this is fair then they should accept discrimination against minority groups as fair since it is the same thing in principle.

I see people for what they are and can do irrespective of gender, race or anything.

Gainsborough lad.

Half of the money paid to a woman by the csa, plus any benefit paid by the government as the result of a divorce of her choice, (including voluntery adultery) should be repaid when the child is 16, students have to repay university loans, the government turns a blind eye to this, perhaps it is just assumed that the state benefit is her contribution towards the child, it is obvious that this is inequality, and anybody that denies it knows that they are lying, but it would be defended to the hilt by this corrupt country, it always has been woman and children first, only when it suits them.

Peaches

I'm a woman, and I agree with you.

You can't have positive discrimination, if the law says that you can't discriminate against someone because of their gender.

Professor Plum

And for our second lesson, we've proved that unicode doesn't work on this forum! Hence the square root symbol being replaced by √ You can work the rest out for yourselves!

Professor Plum

Let's summarise this topic with a simple maths lesson:

Women take up time and money.
in maths terms, Women = time x money

Business experts say that time is money.
in maths terms, time = money
therefore Women = money x money = (money)²

Money is the root of all evil.
so, money = √evil