Recent comments

Ronnie Renaldo

I had previously Booked thru Trainline on 3 previous occasions,without any problem.
Then they suddenly decided to CHANGE their site.God knows why?
Inadvertantly I managed to buy a Ticket that could only be Downloaded
onto a MOBILE,which I & my Wife do not possess.
OK so we are an elderly couple,trying to keep up with today's technology.
But nobody takes this into account! Apart from all the inconvenience involved,
these overpaid young graduates who constantly change their Internet Sites
usually do it for one reason,viz TO CONFUSE THE PUBLIC & MAKE MORE MONEY.
Will Never Use Trainline again. Apart from the Distress it Caused my wife ,especially as she was Visiting London to see a Relative Having Chemotheraphy ,combined with the
Unhelpfulness of some of the Staff at Newark Northgate & having to Pay an Additional
£27 for the same Ticket. TRAINLINE NOTE
It's Back to the Only Reliable Way to Travel these days. BY CAR.
Furthermore, If Inclined who do
I sue or Claim From : Trainline,Network Rail or Virgin. ? But of Course they Treat us
all with contempt & believe they have it all sown up,until they get too complacent & clever
as they invariably do & C--k it all up!
22nd Mar 17 08:03 - Problems booking tickets on

jimbo

as a burger van proprieter i ask you to bear in mind that sometimes at events like these there are huge pitch fees which seem to increase every year. some functions i can take a couple of grand in a few hours trading which is fantastic. but after a pitch fee and wages, stock costs and other overheads i can be left with 300-400 in profit for the day, which takes the day before to prepare for, and the rest of the evening to clean after leaving me with around £15-20 an hour. you have no idea how much hard work and unsociable hours go into these business' so please dont be so quick to judge. if the event organisers werent so greedy youd find the food prices would reflect it more. we all have famillies to feed and bills to pay, and you wont see many burger vans being pulled by range rovers!
22nd Mar 17 08:03 - Burger vans are a rip off - food is

Bend over BOY!

Same thing in Wyandotte Co.,Ks. for 9 years now! Hundreds of calls to the police with about 98% indifference & no effect. Lived here my whole life & only lately it seems it's been allowed to die a slow death. Calls about drug houses that bring in UNBELIEVABLE noise & an attitude to nurture just that. The first 3 years I was getting about 2 1/2 to 3 hours sleep per night. That's sleep deprivation! The effect is akin to the psychological anomalies familiar to 'The White Room Experiment' from the post WWII era. There seems to be a "sweep under the rug" policy that bypasses the law they're sworn to uphold, & thereby defend our rights. One time a house across the street was being robbed by someone at 2 a.m., with the familiar image of a flashlight being seen through a window rummaging around. Two policemen came, saw, & talked with me stating that they could do nothing for fear of being sued - No Kidding! Two others one night threatened me, I guess being tired of constant complaints, which is their fault for 'sweeping' it all away, in essence telling me to 'deal with the hell boy'. I called out the Superviser who said it would just go into a file cabinet if I signed a complaint about them, or I could call Internal Affairs which I did. One week later I received a letter stating the matter was inconclusive. I wasn't even summoned to a hearing to state the facts. Amen to the statement from the person who wrote about the "neighbor from hell" - "useless coppers that would rather wait for me to cave my neighbors head" & "No wonder people flip out and kill their neighbours after months of abuse, and no wonder people take the law into their own hands. What choice do they have when the police will do absolutely nothing?" I tell you all, for those who still believe in God, which is where our old sense of morality comes, these people who respond in such a way will not be held to the kind of accountability as will these leaders that are over us.
21st Mar 17 08:03 - Police do nothing about my

Lemsip

The Apprentice and likewise Dragon's Den used to be serious programmes about being in business at one time but now it's just low grade entertainment along the lines of bear baiting and gladatorial contests and the participants are acting rather than being themselves. Young people can be easily manipulated into acting in the way the producers want them to be. The whole idea of these programmes is to set the scene and to direct the way people are to behave in future. Life imitates art much more than art imitates life.
20th Mar 17 06:03 - The Apprentice - disgusted at

Lemsip

Other cultures queue as a custom. It's not just Britain. The foreigners in London who jump queues are just ill bred and think that's how you behave in London as the British are too polite to get annoyed. As well as queue jumping standing yards behind the person in front is a no-no and invites queue jumpers. When the queue moves forward so do you and you should not have more than three feet between you and the person in front.
20th Mar 17 05:03 - Why do the British queue so much?

Lemsip

It's happening more and more as supermarkets and other businesses which cater directly to the public aren't employing enough people make sure people aren't standing in aisles chatting away. So a whole generation has grown up not know how to behave in public spaces and that in some spaces you are meant to keep moving. I too am sick and tired of people chatting in shop doorways because the shop doesn't employ a security guard or floorwalker to ensure they keep the doorway clear.
20th Mar 17 05:03 - Whatever happened to spatial

Lemsip

Here's an idea! Why don't the supermarkets employ part time bag packers, who are still in education. directly and train them properly. They will pack your bags for no extra cost to customer (apart from a small hike in product prices) and do a good job. Then these bag packers can fund their own trips to Africa and Asia and have a good time just sight seeing and lazing on the beach instead of doing through a charity and pretending to volunteer.

Charities should be sending the money directly to train and employ local people to do the jobs that this gap year participants do.
20th Mar 17 04:03 - Charity bag packing at the

Lemsip

Mind was left off that list as well. All these charities are effectively NGO's not charities doing the Government's bidding in return for funding from the Government so they have no business asking the public to donate to them as well. There is nothing 'non governmental' about NGO's though. They are unelected arms of the Government that Parliament has no control over.
20th Mar 17 03:03 - Excessive salaries paid to UK

Gorby

I totally agree their customer service does not exist...I also am going back to BT which is slightly better! I left them for the same reason though. At least u can get your line checked .

20th Mar 17 03:03 - Talk Talk and their very poor

Lemsip

Foreign workers are not always better workers. They might work faster with nose to the grindstone but often they are taking short cuts and they do not have any understanding of many British accents so if your regional accent is strong they won't be able to understand you. We hear strong regional accents on TV and the radio so get used to them. Ask them for directions and they don't understand you. They work like robots so just do their job and not the little extras and nuances. I find many of them to be abrupt quite frankly.
20th Mar 17 01:03 - Employers not employing British

Lemsip

What's the point of using Power Point if the slides only contain words. You can speak those words and people can take notes. Power Point is for displaying maps, diagrams, charts and photos. The worst thing about Power Point is the Power Point print out handouts often six slides to a page. I've even seen one slide to a page printed on one side of the sheet of paper. Couldn't notes be typed up into a Word document before being printed out as handouts?
20th Mar 17 01:03 - PowerPoint presentations are so

Lemsip

If you're not socialising with your colleagues, either on an unofficial one to one basis, having a drink together after work on Fridays or the company has a social club, then what are you doing socialising with them on one night in December. You haven't bonded with each other so are forced to play charades. There's a tight line to tread. Do pretend to enjoy yourselves but don't enjoy yourselves too much. When out with friends in December having a drink I can spot the office parties and really feel for those people.
20th Mar 17 12:03 - Christmas office parties and work