Talk Talk, problems getting online

I signed up for Talk Talk free broadband package in March 2007, at the beginning I was told that for whatever reason the area I lived in was unable to provide free a broadband package at that time, however I could receive broadband for £10 per month and sign up for Talk Talk 3 which would be £8.99 per month, I agreed to this and when the modem and CD Rom arrived I tried to install it on my computer, it took a whole day.

Join Discussion Forum

At then at the end of a very frustrating day I was unable to install the package, I called in an expert to help me out, which cost £50, after a being at my property for several hours the engineer managed to get me sorted out, however this was very short lived and the next day when I booted my computer up I was unable to get online.

Then followed a chapter of most unsatisfactory events lasting right through until December, during these months I can't begin to tell you how many calls and hours I wasted trying to sort the problem out, sometimes to India, during these calls it was virtually impossible to understand what the operator was instructing me to do, sometimes I spoke to other nationality operators but throughout the whole saga not one of them managed to get me online for any length of time.  I had new filters a new modem but to no avail.

I have spent £90+ and never had a connection for any length of time

In July time I was so frustrated and angry, bearing in mind that during this whole time Talk Talk had been taking 10 each month for a service that they were not providing, in desperation I visited a Carphone Warehouse shop to see if they could help.  Finally they arranged for someone called Peter to contact me, initially he was reasonably helpful, I again had to purchase new filters and he did manage to get me online but again this was short lived.  I by this time had his email address so when I again could get no connection I emailed him, he did return my message and called me back once, promising to call the next evening, he never did!!  This happened on two occasions that I can remember but it may have been more.

An installation CD Rom During this whole time I was constantly pushed from pillar to post each time I tried to address the situation took hours, firstly to get to talk to anyone as the lines were permanently busy and then when someone did come on the line they told me to try the same things as the previous person had tried.  Finally at the beginning of December I decided enough was enough, I was keeping my side of the contract but Talk Talk were not I have spent £90+ and never had a connection for any length of time, so I told them straight I wished to be released from my contract, which after a great deal of arguing they finally agreed to.

To add insult to injury they also had the cheek to charge me £1 a month for sending me a paper bill, had I registered online I would never have been able to see what was happening to my account.  I have signed up with Tiscali, I can't praise their service too highly.  On the appointed day the modem and CD Rom arrived and within 10 minutes I was online and have not looked back since.  I can't wait for the time I can change my land line contract, I think an 18 month contract is really out of order in view of all the problems,I am sure that I am not alone.

Talk Talk are the worst company I have ever dealt with.  In my opinion they misrepresent their services and quite frankly I would never deal with them ever again.  I certainly wouldn't consider buying a mobile phone from them, goodness knows what problems would be encountered.

By: RM

minny

with talktalk I had problems whichincluded having poor service and my phone cut off I moved to another provider and told talk talk I am now waiting forthem to chase me for the charges theythink are due them for me breaking a verbal contract £300 plus they said No way

vee

I am frustrated,depressed, fed up, & disgudted with talk talk and I don't know how they are getting away with it. I have been trying to ring to complain about my phone which cuts off every 15 minuts, My broadband is hopeless and no one seems to care. I think they are a lot of con men and crooks running Talk Talk, SORRY. but that is how it is ,No one seems to want to speak to there cuctomers. I have had trouble from the start. I will have to look round and see who can help.

neilh

Since moving home (over a year ago) I've had nothing but problems with TalkTalk. They couldn't get my broadband to work so they connected through BT at their expense. In the background they created another account, taking my bank details from my initial account and charged me twice. I stopping the direct debit after many months of phoning their HelplessDesk and sending letters of complaint. They put my debt to CreditSolutions who added more money on. CreditSolutions put my debt to Power2Contact who inform me they will be coming to my door to collect the debt. TalkTalk informed my on many occasions a cheque in the the post for monies due to me and CreditSolutions & Power2Contact have been called off. Not received money due. Still getting letters of harassment.

den brown

My previouscomment below I would also like to point out I have cancelled with talk talk. I would also like to state money was taken from my account when I have not evev recieved set up with this company therefor I would like my money refunded immediately, which if I do not receive I will be taking matters further.

den brown

Talk Talk are the worst company I have ever dealt with. In my opinion they misrepresent their services and they shoul not be allowed to treat customers this way. My 30 day cancellation is today and yet I still have no internet am constantly passed round the globe to speak to customer service regarding it. I would not reccomend any one to use this company. Why they bother to approach people to offer their service is beyond me when they can not seem to give a good service to customers they already have.

Lyoness_uk@yahoo.com

I was with talk talk for about two years I signed up for broadband and telephone service. During that time the broadband would go down every couple of months. It would take over 20 mins to get through to someone who cause I have a mac would then make me wait ten minutes to speak to a person on another team. I also had to wait over 2 months for them to send me a new router. on one occaision after 10 days of no broadband and them telling me it wasn't their exchanges fault they suggested an engineer come to my home. I asked if I would have to pay and they said no. The engineer came but didnt fix the problem. They then slapped me with a £99 bill 4 months later. I have now recently left them but they are still trying to persue me for the £99. Do I have to pay this? are there any lawyers out there that can help me with this?

miss understood - by talk talk

Ihave been with talk talk for years and if I have a problem they have generally sorted it for me but I do think that if I called them to say I had kidney problems or a pain in my leg they would ask me to unplug everything thats connected ,change all the micro filters and repeatedly use my full title in a voice that is very difficult to understand! The thing with Talktalk is, if you use them, you get what you pay for which is -not a lot!

TJ

first complained to Tiscali/TalkTalk 9 months ago after they took payment twice for same bill - requested refund and still not had it even though Otelo investigated, got TalkTalk to agree the refund and a 'goodwill' payment of a random £30(?). Like everybody else the phone calls, emails and letters (recorded delivery because they also claim letters not received etc) I have exchanged with them are a joke, and speaking on the phone with them is mind-blowingly annoying. So told them I was switching to another service provider, to close my account etc but surprise surprise bills still coming, final demands etc because my account still active, they say. My final letter of fury was sent to TalkTalk senior director of customer services Nigel Pearson but no response as yet. He's probably hiding in a cupboard. Contacted Otelo again who have passed it onto their 'remedy implementation team'...I'm now giving PlusNet a go and so far they have been fantastic.

Mortimer

I am currently having problems gianing internet access on my home computer. Is this due to recent works carried out by Tiscali. Messages were appearing on the portal screen before I lost this access. Please respond to judith.shaw@ce-electricuk.com 07739 777 397 as I have no other way of picking up e mails Thanks Judith Shaw ( jhs_101954@tiscali.co.uk)
1st Nov 10 12:11

nothappy

talk talk why is it that you think you can charge me for a paper bill that I havent recieved and for a non direct debit fee when I pa by direct debit? you take the micky! you are unhelpfull and very rude. and with all the other problems I have had with you to, its been nothing but stress with you and a complete waste of my time and energy. and you still have the cheek to charge me for the calls I make to you. get my broadband which mite I say does not work properly, and when I said I wanted to leave you say I cant, and then change your mind and say that ill have to pay you a disconnection fee of 60 pounds! dont you think this a bit steep? I do. your whole customer service is discusting! I refuse to pay you for a bill I have not recieved and refuse to pay you for disconnection. I cant get on line to see my account as it doesnt work. and how can I pay for a bill that I dont have.. youve aready cut me off once with no prior warning! you are the WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER BEEN IN TOUCH WITH! I could go on and on with all the problems I have had with you but you know what its not getting me anywhere.................... you are a waste of space talk talk!

nothappy

I have been getting problems trying to get onto my on line account for my phone bill every time I get on the site its got problems and wont let me see my bill???? wtf!! and as you talk talk are aware of this problem, you have not sent me a bill in the post where is my bill??? you talk talk are the worst people I have ever delt with you are unhelpful and rude at times! and your customer service stinks.

Jazzyjoyce

I have had so many phone calls to talk talk with no solution. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. They should have a jobsworth award for the worst company for frustrating so many people. I am not dealing with them anymore, they are not worth it!