Talk Talk, problems getting online

I signed up for Talk Talk free broadband package in March 2007, at the beginning I was told that for whatever reason the area I lived in was unable to provide free a broadband package at that time, however I could receive broadband for £10 per month and sign up for Talk Talk 3 which would be £8.99 per month, I agreed to this and when the modem and CD Rom arrived I tried to install it on my computer, it took a whole day.

Join Discussion Forum

At then at the end of a very frustrating day I was unable to install the package, I called in an expert to help me out, which cost £50, after a being at my property for several hours the engineer managed to get me sorted out, however this was very short lived and the next day when I booted my computer up I was unable to get online.

Then followed a chapter of most unsatisfactory events lasting right through until December, during these months I can't begin to tell you how many calls and hours I wasted trying to sort the problem out, sometimes to India, during these calls it was virtually impossible to understand what the operator was instructing me to do, sometimes I spoke to other nationality operators but throughout the whole saga not one of them managed to get me online for any length of time.  I had new filters a new modem but to no avail.

I have spent £90+ and never had a connection for any length of time

In July time I was so frustrated and angry, bearing in mind that during this whole time Talk Talk had been taking 10 each month for a service that they were not providing, in desperation I visited a Carphone Warehouse shop to see if they could help.  Finally they arranged for someone called Peter to contact me, initially he was reasonably helpful, I again had to purchase new filters and he did manage to get me online but again this was short lived.  I by this time had his email address so when I again could get no connection I emailed him, he did return my message and called me back once, promising to call the next evening, he never did!!  This happened on two occasions that I can remember but it may have been more.

An installation CD Rom During this whole time I was constantly pushed from pillar to post each time I tried to address the situation took hours, firstly to get to talk to anyone as the lines were permanently busy and then when someone did come on the line they told me to try the same things as the previous person had tried.  Finally at the beginning of December I decided enough was enough, I was keeping my side of the contract but Talk Talk were not I have spent £90+ and never had a connection for any length of time, so I told them straight I wished to be released from my contract, which after a great deal of arguing they finally agreed to.

To add insult to injury they also had the cheek to charge me £1 a month for sending me a paper bill, had I registered online I would never have been able to see what was happening to my account.  I have signed up with Tiscali, I can't praise their service too highly.  On the appointed day the modem and CD Rom arrived and within 10 minutes I was online and have not looked back since.  I can't wait for the time I can change my land line contract, I think an 18 month contract is really out of order in view of all the problems,I am sure that I am not alone.

Talk Talk are the worst company I have ever dealt with.  In my opinion they misrepresent their services and quite frankly I would never deal with them ever again.  I certainly wouldn't consider buying a mobile phone from them, goodness knows what problems would be encountered.

By: RM

minny

with talktalk I had problems whichincluded having poor service and my phone cut off I moved to another provider and told talk talk I am now waiting forthem to chase me for the charges theythink are due them for me breaking a verbal contract £300 plus they said No way

vee

I am frustrated,depressed, fed up, & disgudted with talk talk and I don't know how they are getting away with it. I have been trying to ring to complain about my phone which cuts off every 15 minuts, My broadband is hopeless and no one seems to care. I think they are a lot of con men and crooks running Talk Talk, SORRY. but that is how it is ,No one seems to want to speak to there cuctomers. I have had trouble from the start. I will have to look round and see who can help.

neilh

Since moving home (over a year ago) I've had nothing but problems with TalkTalk. They couldn't get my broadband to work so they connected through BT at their expense. In the background they created another account, taking my bank details from my initial account and charged me twice. I stopping the direct debit after many months of phoning their HelplessDesk and sending letters of complaint. They put my debt to CreditSolutions who added more money on. CreditSolutions put my debt to Power2Contact who inform me they will be coming to my door to collect the debt. TalkTalk informed my on many occasions a cheque in the the post for monies due to me and CreditSolutions & Power2Contact have been called off. Not received money due. Still getting letters of harassment.

den brown

My previouscomment below I would also like to point out I have cancelled with talk talk. I would also like to state money was taken from my account when I have not evev recieved set up with this company therefor I would like my money refunded immediately, which if I do not receive I will be taking matters further.

den brown

Talk Talk are the worst company I have ever dealt with. In my opinion they misrepresent their services and they shoul not be allowed to treat customers this way. My 30 day cancellation is today and yet I still have no internet am constantly passed round the globe to speak to customer service regarding it. I would not reccomend any one to use this company. Why they bother to approach people to offer their service is beyond me when they can not seem to give a good service to customers they already have.

Lyoness_uk@yahoo.com

I was with talk talk for about two years I signed up for broadband and telephone service. During that time the broadband would go down every couple of months. It would take over 20 mins to get through to someone who cause I have a mac would then make me wait ten minutes to speak to a person on another team. I also had to wait over 2 months for them to send me a new router. on one occaision after 10 days of no broadband and them telling me it wasn't their exchanges fault they suggested an engineer come to my home. I asked if I would have to pay and they said no. The engineer came but didnt fix the problem. They then slapped me with a £99 bill 4 months later. I have now recently left them but they are still trying to persue me for the £99. Do I have to pay this? are there any lawyers out there that can help me with this?

miss understood - by talk talk

Ihave been with talk talk for years and if I have a problem they have generally sorted it for me but I do think that if I called them to say I had kidney problems or a pain in my leg they would ask me to unplug everything thats connected ,change all the micro filters and repeatedly use my full title in a voice that is very difficult to understand! The thing with Talktalk is, if you use them, you get what you pay for which is -not a lot!

TJ

first complained to Tiscali/TalkTalk 9 months ago after they took payment twice for same bill - requested refund and still not had it even though Otelo investigated, got TalkTalk to agree the refund and a 'goodwill' payment of a random £30(?). Like everybody else the phone calls, emails and letters (recorded delivery because they also claim letters not received etc) I have exchanged with them are a joke, and speaking on the phone with them is mind-blowingly annoying. So told them I was switching to another service provider, to close my account etc but surprise surprise bills still coming, final demands etc because my account still active, they say. My final letter of fury was sent to TalkTalk senior director of customer services Nigel Pearson but no response as yet. He's probably hiding in a cupboard. Contacted Otelo again who have passed it onto their 'remedy implementation team'...I'm now giving PlusNet a go and so far they have been fantastic.

Mortimer

I am currently having problems gianing internet access on my home computer. Is this due to recent works carried out by Tiscali. Messages were appearing on the portal screen before I lost this access. Please respond to judith.shaw@ce-electricuk.com 07739 777 397 as I have no other way of picking up e mails Thanks Judith Shaw ( jhs_101954@tiscali.co.uk)
1st Nov 10 12:11

nothappy

talk talk why is it that you think you can charge me for a paper bill that I havent recieved and for a non direct debit fee when I pa by direct debit? you take the micky! you are unhelpfull and very rude. and with all the other problems I have had with you to, its been nothing but stress with you and a complete waste of my time and energy. and you still have the cheek to charge me for the calls I make to you. get my broadband which mite I say does not work properly, and when I said I wanted to leave you say I cant, and then change your mind and say that ill have to pay you a disconnection fee of 60 pounds! dont you think this a bit steep? I do. your whole customer service is discusting! I refuse to pay you for a bill I have not recieved and refuse to pay you for disconnection. I cant get on line to see my account as it doesnt work. and how can I pay for a bill that I dont have.. youve aready cut me off once with no prior warning! you are the WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER BEEN IN TOUCH WITH! I could go on and on with all the problems I have had with you but you know what its not getting me anywhere.................... you are a waste of space talk talk!

nothappy

I have been getting problems trying to get onto my on line account for my phone bill every time I get on the site its got problems and wont let me see my bill???? wtf!! and as you talk talk are aware of this problem, you have not sent me a bill in the post where is my bill??? you talk talk are the worst people I have ever delt with you are unhelpful and rude at times! and your customer service stinks.

Jazzyjoyce

I have had so many phone calls to talk talk with no solution. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. They should have a jobsworth award for the worst company for frustrating so many people. I am not dealing with them anymore, they are not worth it!

digusted

MY comment is that I am still waiting for a reply to my em I sent, I am too much of a lady to tell you what I think of your crooked dealsm. my friend gets a letter to say she is getting a bonus for 2 months and she is on tiscali, I get a letter to say no free local calls and evening calls are not free till 7-00. I think there are a lot of cpom men running this company. You might have had the manners to answer my EM

MSH

I have been a talktalk customer for several years and have had no strong complaints apart from the long wait to speak to anyone. Search through the website and you find that the last thing talktalk wants is to talk to you. So I'm not going to waste time trying to phone. All I want to tell them is that they are sending letters to my address, with the correct postcode, but addressed to someone called Louise Rust, whom I have never heard of.

Barb

I have just received my first bill from talk talk, it was a good job I was sitting down when read it. I have already spoken to an operator-but I feel so strongly about this I feel getting in touch via this system might help qell my anger.Firstly I was NOT informed about the month in advance practice,had I been I would never have signed up with you,I had all these problems with B.T.which is ONE of the reasons I left them.I am a pensioner-living on a fixed weekly income,which is a LITTLE more than my bill from you,so you will appreciate I will find it very difficult to pay.It was explained to me that any mistakes will be rectified next month.Unfortunately I exist week by week.As I explained to your operator I I feel badly used-but I am prepared to give you another month to sort things out,if the situation is not resolved to my liking I will cancel my custom with you. Be advised I WILL NOT PAY ANY CHARGES INCURRED BY CANCELLING THIS ACCOUNT.There are a number of items on the bill I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.Ihope you read thisand give it your full attention.Yours sincerely Barb.

kr

talktalk worst company ive ever tried to do business with total crap

JP

R M, I've had virtualy the same problems as you, and I also wished I never agreed on the 18 months deal.
21st Jul 10 05:07

dick

yes thats what they are like useless talktalk you mean no talk if you are with them

Norman Pilling

I have received paper bills the last two months. Why has this happened when I have always had on line billing?

roy guinn

I have not recieved an on line bill this month and when I do get into my account I cannot view it correctly

carmel

I have registered with TalkTalk to have my bills online to avoid paying for the charges to have a paper bill. Talk Talk is still sending me paper bills and charging me to that effect. I have tried to view my bill on line but Talk Talk id refusing to accept my account number I copied from their bill. Their web page is useless and when I asked for help I had a repply telling me to call a telephone number at a cost of £l.50 per minute without the guarantee that I will be able to speak right away with a live person without being held with music for and indefinite period. Talk Talk is boasting to provide services a t a low cost nd this might be the case, however their cunstomer service has a lot to be desired.
2nd Jul 10 12:07

cheesed off with talk talk

Have wasted hours on the phone, only to get cut off or transferred through to the wrong department in the attempt to get my broadband router.. was assured it was being sent next day delivery only to find out that they had still got the wrong delivery address, despite being aware of it having gone to the wrong address before. Its meant to be coming tomorrow but am not holding my breath...
1st Jul 10 03:07

Stewart

Unfortuantly you are now back with Talk Talk as they bought Tiscali, so good luck

Lynne Slater

I cant agree more. I cannot get onto internet without first switching off router and switching on again. Can be cut off with no warning. Talk Talk advisors are v hard to understand as English is not their first language. Very disappointed with whole situation.
22nd Jun 10 03:06

mags

I know the feeling. yesterday spent three hours on the phone in three seperate calls each with the same lady going through the same problems. she said it was a problem with modem and router as I have a wireless connection. I explained I could get on a sky wireless connection so it could not be a problem with my equipment, she just ignore this. finally manage to get me on line, she said I had the wrong settings when I said these were the settings given to me by talktalk she was quiet again. she said I would have no more problems this was at 6pm yesterday. lost connection at 8pm and still not getting connection. I am going back to plusnet as I never had problems with them. only went with talktalk cos they said they were cheaper and faster maybe cheaper but service is rubbish. would never recommend them to anyone.

jules

it is very ironic that the company is called talktalk which is the only thing I have not been able to do with customer service. JOKERS!!!

scunnter

I used the altamated pay on phone method my monthly bill for 38 quid. talktalk decided to take it twice how kind. due to there only being 2 non english members of staff answering phones I guess chances of this being put right any time soon is low.so just beaware these runts are criminal thiefs

virginia hanley

I contacted talktalk customer services because I couldn't understand why my payments were not reflected on the computer after I had payed them. I finally got the gist after the woman called Carol, who's accent I found difficult to understand because she spoke quickly, would keep interrupting my questions.I pointed out that I new she was probably very busy but we may have been able to sought the problem out without her irritation. The guy I spoke to before I think his name was darren was fantastic and couldn't have been more helpful.

MICHAEL BOURTON

Please help I have been with talktalk a long time and are very happy but the last week has been a night mare so slow can you help. M Bourton.

arthur donald avis 2200044963

have been using tiscalie e/mail for some years but since talktalk takeover havec had no e/mails why?

yvonnefrank

my broadband is not up and running yet should have gone live on 15 march

IC

We moved house in December 2005 to our current address. We were originally Talk Talk customers at our previous address and to be fair never had cause for complaint. Once we were settled we contacted Talk Talk and asked to transfer from BT back to them and to include the broadband package. Like you Talk Talk said that we were unable to benefit from the FREE broadband because our area had not been 'unbundled' and the service would cost £10 per month but as soon as the exchange was 'unbundled' we would automatically be able to take advantage of the free service. To date and several phone calls later we are no nearer (April 2010). The other annoyance is that a few months ago I received a letter advising us that the Voicemail Plus we had on our telephone would no longer be FOC and a charge would be made in the future, unless we cancelled it. I rang immediately and cancelled the service as we have an answerphone. Three phone calls later (last one today) I requested the cancellation again, apparently it was a 'back office technical problem' but he would request it again and refund any monies owing. Let's wait and see! Frustratingly yours.....

john

can't get into manage calling circle,called india for 20 minutes only to go round incircles

TALKTALK_CAN'THELP!

Talktalk is the worst internet provider ever, trust me everyone.

Online billing is mess and we have lost our account so no longer can sign into our account to view our bills. Talktalk can't help, but they send paper bills and charge us for this.

When phoning Talktalk they get to the stage they can't help, their oly answer is to cut you off the phone.

Stay away from Talktalk everyone.

Gaz

my mother was supposed to be connected feb 11th . nearly five weeks later and a thousand phone calls she is still no nearer.
talk talk are a bunch of useless inept idiots who employ people that have not got a bloody clue!

Maggiepye

I've had the Talktalk package for nearly two years & have been happy with it - up until now. Keeping connected to the internet is the problem - "your internet service provider is experiencing connectivity problems" is how the diagnostics message reads - time & time & time again! Switching the router off & on doesn't solve the problem, so I try & try, getting increasingly frustrating & vowing to switch providers. Next day. wouldn't you know it, perfect, no problems, exemplary - until it happens again!

IanFBram

TT new online billing system is a mess. The creators have designed a nightmare. Technical staff seem unable to resolve the problems and support staff don't understand the problems.

Thery have created a catch 22 situation for anyone with more than one telephone line as the new system does not allow two accounts online at the same email address. I have created a new email address just for the purpose of re-registering my second telephone account for online billing. Although I can no longer access this account online at the old address, the system will not accept the new registration at a new address because the system still thinks I'm registered at the old address and it won't let go. This is despite reassurances, more than once, that the problem would be sorted.

Whoever designed the new billing system must have been an idiot. Support staff have not been trained to understan the problem and just repeat the same, useless advice from their book of standard responses.

Noemails

I went live with talktalk on 18 feb 2010 it is now 3/4/10 cant get any sense from them they don't recognise my phone number, they won't confirm my email address so I don't get any emails.At my wits end only thing I can do is leave and go back to plus net.
3rd Mar 10 01:03

plug

talk talk are the worse companies to deal with. you try to talk to some one in england and end up in south africa.they've even got the cheek to ask for money for a service they could'nt provide .one word sums you up useless

MALPASO

Talk talk called me out of the blue to offer an upgrade which I accepted. Part of it was to increase my Broadband speed. The next day I was unable to connect to the Internet. Despite 2 hours of calls with 4 different operatives in India no one could correct the problem. I eventually got through to an operative in Scotland who identified the problem immediately. Non compatible package! Touch wood no problems yet. Will try to claim back money for all the calls to India.

Mrs Patricia Redmond

Why is my account billing not available tonight, you have drawn the money from my bank?????
this situation is most unsatisfactory, and would appreciate your earliest attention. from Mrs Patricia Redmond.

Gainsborough lad.

Sue, but lets remember how BT used to rip us all off in the 70s and 80s, charging us £50-00 a year to lease a phone off them, only to find that in the late eightys that you could buy one for a tenner from Dixons or Currys,

sue

I've also tried to read my bills online and all I get is the can't diplay page, I've tried to set an email address but it just won't have it wish I had never left BT.

Guy

I wish I had checked out the feedback on talk talk.. they are the worst company I have ever dealt with, I had an eighteen month contrcat and waited seventeen of these to leave. Now ive left they wont stop billing me and they keeping phoning and writing for money for a service they dont offer. I will never use this company or any associated company every again

minnie

I have been trying to see my bill on line but to no availe. it is so frustrating. I am sorry I left BT this is not the only problems I have had with tallktalk

John

I have ordered a phone line and broadband to be fitted to a new property in Wantage about a month age.At first I was told this would be done on 21 January.When I enquired to the estate Manager ,I was told that nothing had been done.When I phoned again ,I was put through 4 differnt departments and I gave up.When I tried later the same day I Got a very helpful young lady named Nicola who told me that there was now a firm date for the phone line ,5 February but the Broadband would take a further 3 we eks.This is ridiculous and must be improved on..
1st Feb 10 02:02

John

1st Feb 10 02:02

matty

I am not happy with the Service TalkTalk provide. Since the takeover from Tiscali, I have had ongoing problems - my Telephone Messaging Service is not working - the 1571 method works, when the line is engaged - but with incoming calls, if no one can answer it does not give the caller the option to leave a message. Also - today I could not access the Internet for a long time, only after a long break - switch off - and renewed repeated starting was I finally able to connect to the Internet. Will these problems continue??

Barbara Collett

I transfered to talktalk broadband in December, I didnt set up the broadband for about a fortnight. When I try to sign in on my new email address it comes up with not known. Can you help please.

Badjervis

I am paying you for 2Mbit broadband. I typically get 1.4 Mbit download speed and 500 Kbit upload. Some sites appear nearly instantly, but most links take minutes to connect. At the moment, your server is timing out regularly and E-Mail is virtually unusable. So much for Gordon Brown's aspirations.

steddedd

find the service appalling.Doesnt recognise my e-mail adress or my account no.

mgore40@peoplepc.com

I can get on line but cannot get to my e-mail and never get to send e-mail because the internet is lost, I have tried for 3 weeks at different times of the day and night and I always get overstack on line 553 , etc.
1st Dec 09 12:12

Angela

I continually have days and weeks that I can not log onto to talktalk. It is so frustrating! I am still paying as Im on a contract that I can not afford to get out of.

annie

I totally agree. the after sales service from talk talk is appalling! it just shows they may be cheap but you certainly get what you pay for! peanuts!

waste of money

talk talk.....well....technical support is crap....level one / level two..whats that all about...i have spent a total of 3 1/2 hours on the phone because I cant connect to the internet / e-mail.....at the end of my last call...the guy said...wait for it..."sorry,i cant help you any furthur,because I dont know wnything about computers"..."try microsoft".....my it dept at work sorted my problem out for me.

jambogerry21@talktalk.com

I enterd my talktalk email no to my account then when I tried to enter again I was told I did not have a email ac
1st Nov 09 10:11

Dreams1

I agree with RM. I've had almost the same problems with Talk Talk right down to a T. Never will I recommend Talktalk or use them again.

abna

I think talkktalk is one of the best companies I have ever met
Their charges are the cheapest ,never forgeting how BT treated me and the waste of money compared to their terrible service
Iwould stay with talktalk as this is my 4th year with them,no wonder they have been voted best all these years
22nd Oct 09 03:10

Grrr

Talk Talk grrrrrrrr!!! A few months ago I had salesman turn up at my door from talk talk. They were offering a good tariff and said that I had 14 days to cancel. Talking it through with my partner, we couldnt afford the disconnection fee and connection fee so I cancelled during the 14 day trial and said I couldnt afford the charges and they said I'm sorry but we cant waiver these charges so I cancelled.

A few weeks later my internet just stops working, I was with aol, and I try and ring BT and lo and behold it says welcome to talk talk!!! I speak to one of there advisors and they say oh sorry there seems to have been made a double application. I said that I wasnt happy and the woman passed me on to a man and he said what can we do to make you stay, I said if the connection and disconnection charges are wiped we will be happy and the man said yes thats fine, we'll also give you a £30 good will gesture for your inconvience.

Now we received our first bill and we have got our £30 credit note BUT they have added the £29.99 connection fee!!! My partner rang them up and couldnt get a sensible thing out of any of them! We are expecting a phone call soon but if it not sorted we will cancel and change back to BT and AOL.
2nd Oct 09 12:10

Anonymous

Beware of talk talk calls for 0870 and 0845 numbers free. I had my telephone with talk talk and then had broadband added. They never told me at the time I had to pay for a router and my telephone bill has increased because they have put on an extra £4 00 a month for the 0870 and 0845 numbers so in fact they are not free.
21st Aug 09 03:08

guitarjoc

However... They did get it sorted as quick as they could and they did appoligise to everyone effected :)

S Cousins

A sales member from talk-talk rang me and ask me to join and offered me a package for my phone and broadband to include evening and weekend calls and reduced calls to Australia for a total price of £19.72,That was in the morning in the afternoon I found out that broadband was not available in my area I immediately rang and cancelled my order but as you might guess from my letter I am still having problems with them even after the third call.

TalkTalkSuck

Talk Talk are absolutely horrible to deal with. You have to call multiple times before you can finally talk to someone, and even then you get shunted around from department to department. And when you do talk to someone, chances are you'll find yourself talking to someone with an accent so thick you can't understand anything they babble or a person so bereft of intelligence you wonder how they can walk and talk at the same time let alone hold down a job. The only reason I'm still with this company of morons is they're telephone service is shockingly good and, rather unfortunately, when it comes to broadband service where I live, they're the 'best' of a very limited selection. TalkTalk? More like TalkBollocks.

Anonymous

I have just signed for talktalk phone and free broadband i've got the phone but when I tracked my order on line for broadband somewhere somewhow and someone cancelled my order it deffinately was NOT me any one else had this problem?

Nat

I only wish I'd read the numerous issues available before joining Talk Talk. In my own defense, I moved house and the sellers advised me that I could take over their account to prevent a re-connection fee and it all seemed straigh-forward. That was six weeks ago, my phone and internet service has now been suspended due to an unpaid balance. On the two occasions I phoned to activate my account, I was not advised that the previous account holders had left an unpaid balance which I was responsible for. I received a letter three days ago to demand payment, my phone was suspended yesterday. On phoning today, I spoke to four different people over a period of 35 mins and was basically informed I had to pay their debt because I took over their account, Talk Talk had no obligation to inform me of this outstanding debt as the previous account holders should have told me, I should get in touch with them for the money (they sold their house and moved to Australia so this could prove difficult), they wouldn't allow me to speak with a manager because they "hadn't done anything wrong", I wasn't allowed to cancel my account with them and they would pass my details to a debt collection agency, also my first direct debit is due to come off and they "will just take the outstanding amount I owe". I have cancelled my direct debit to them, I am going to search for another provider and it is no longer about saving money - it's about a fundamental right to be treated with some respect and not be threatened with debt collectors over a £30 debt. Their customer relations are disgusting, I was told it was no different from buying a car that then broke down, I would have to go to the seller and not the manufacturer - how is that relevant?!! I await the debt collector at my door - at least they can't phone and harass me!

Spoof

I'm glad Billy G is having such a good time with TalkTalk it's a shame we can't all say the same. I unfortunately have similar problems with getting online. For some unbeknown reason my login and password just disappear and I then have to rummage round my paperwork to locate my original welcome letter to reset the password. Unfortunately my father-in-law joined, under my advise, and he's having even worse problems - he's probably spent less than half of his contract time online due to similar problems but twice as long to customer service trying to get sorted!
I've been given this url: www.telecomplus.org.uk/B47963 which is for Utility Warehouse who offer telephone and broadband bundles. Has anybody got any experience with them? I understand they have award winning customer service and awards from Which? for their bundles.
Unfortunately still to complete my farsicle 18 months contract with TT but keen to look at UW further as they don't tie you in with a contract.

joe

TALK TALK are a disgrace and should be banned from trading. So many problems. Poor service, broken promises, stealing money from my account, threats to send me to jail. I rejoined BT and while I might be paying more for the basic service, at least I don't have to pay for hidden extras like caller ID (and all the other little things that you just take for granted with BT).
Avoid at all costs!

Kazza

Hi
I just had a the worst experience with Talk Talk too - I paid for my broadband for 8 months before I actually got it and they are now charging me £70 to disconnect it. The experience on the phone to them was so infuriating it reduced me to tears once a month while trying to get connected. The worst phone call was when I tried to get out of the contract. The customers services are like drones, they have some text infront of them to say to you and that is all they say, they cannot connect you to someone who will answer your questions. It is the worst experience of my life having to deal with them, please don't go with them if you want to stay sane. They also took money from my account illegally from a very old onetel account that they re-opened after years of not being on it and took money from my account for something I hadn't used as I was by then on talk talk. The bank had to be called in for that one to ttake the money back off them. I paid the disconnect fee so that I would never have to call them again and deal with them again - it was worth it just to never have to experience that again.

Anon

I have a major problem with Talk Talk. Our landline hasn't worked properly for the past month. I have rung and emailed too many times to mention and still had no response. Talk Talk seem to think being on hold for 1 hour and 17 minutes before being cut off is good customer service and when I dared to mention this to a customer service "manager" he advised me to go back to BT!! You said it Talk Talk!

Sharon

I had a talk talk account over 18 months ago and suddenly out of the blue in June 2008, they started sending me bills for the total of £1.25 monthly. I have written letters and phoned numerous times and I must have got through to someone that they stop sending me the bills but they have left the outstanding debt against my name of £9 for a telephone number that has not existed at this address for a while now. At present they are now threatening to pass the debt to a debt collection agency possibly effecting my credit rating.

I am now at my wits end with what to do next because I no longer have any confidence that anyone at talk talk knows what they are doing or anyone understands plain English. Out of the blue in June 2008 these bills started arriving. They must have a computer system that wakes up ever two years to raise revenue for talk talk.

Please advise if you can because my next steps is to go to the media and advertise that fact that talk talk is absolutely useless in their adminstration proceedures.

I look forward to hearing from yourselves. I have not included the telephone number that no longer exist that they are threatening to disconnect.

Rab the jab

Talk Talk should be called something else because if you have a problem its no talk no talk, three weeks after joining Talk Talk I'd had enough of their rubbish service and intolerable attitude,'how do they get away with it' I decided to leave Talk Talk after 3 weeks of being messed around and also being sent a 'free router' then being charged for it despite the fact that I didnt want it and had the cost of returning it to Talk Talk, so my experience with Talk Talk was disgracefull.

I took advantage of the 30 day no cancellation charge, Talk Talk promptly took (read stole) £70 out of my account for what? You've guessed it cancellation fee despite my having confirmation that I had cancelled within the 30 day period. Talk Talk are the pits anyone joining them is asking for trouble. They are a crap company in my opinion with crap service and phoney billing - you've been warned!
2nd Oct 08 02:10

Chris

I would echo Phil's comments about how widely Talk Talk problems have been aired especially with their so-called "free" broadband offer.

What really needs to happen with such widespread business abuse like this? As far as I'm concerned a LAW should be created where businesses like this, who have failed to deliver "what it says on the tin," over a 6 month period of time, should be forced to refund people's money. It should be up to the customer to show how the business has failed to deliver, when they have paid in full, by going to the local Magistrates Court, filling in a form and having the claim rubber-stamped in 21 days if the company did not provide a full refund at the end of this time, along with a release from all other contractual obligations, (in this case including the provision of a MAC code by the company.) If after rubber-stamping actually happened the court should grant a further 28 days. If the company failed to meet this, then Bankruptcy proceedings should automatically commence against the company and its Directors, meaning it would HAVE to cease trading instantly on that 28th day!
Why not? Write to your M.P. suggesting this. Be prepared to protest. Maybe it seems a bit extreme, well it's only a letter, to the person in parliament who is supposed to represent you.

Phil

It's funny actually with all those Talk Talk gripes out there that people still try them out. You just have to google talk talk problems and there's loads of people moaning about fun and games getting online so why people still go there I'll never undertand.

Joe

Get a life. You should have cancelled long before you did, are you stupid.