Talk Talk and their very poor customer service

Here's yet another Talk Talk gripe for you.  I don't think for a minute that we are the only ones who are seriously disappointed with their poor customer service.

After five months of phone calls and e-mails, I have still not had a sensible and productive conversation with anyone at Talk Talk.  I managed to get through to someone in Delhi today and I was then transferred a total of five times over the next hour.  Eventually I was transferred back to the customer service person I spoke to in the first place.  I wanted to do was cancel our line rental!  Is it so difficult?

I never thought I would say this but we are seriously considering going back to BT and I thought their customer service was woeful.  People complain about them all the time, but until you've tried a worse internet provider then you really don't now just how bad it can get.  And believe me - you can be quite literally tearing your hair out with frustration!  Now BT are not anywhere near as bad as Talk Talk in my opinion,  so with this in mind I have just sent Talk Talk a letter of complaint and the text below is an extract of what I said to them:

For those who wish to complain to Talk Talk they have a dedicated contact page. Don't forget to leave a message on here and let us know how you get on!

Talk talk, poor customer service. "I decided to leave BT because there customer service was terrible and I was promised that Talk Talk would be better, a lot better.  But you are worse, if fact I think the worse company I have ever the misfortune to deal with!  On our first bill there was statement Here at Talk Talk were truly committed to providing you with the highest level of service; I notice on our latest bill that this statement has disappeared very strange that!"

...come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven

Well I don't really expect to get a response to that letter, but who cares come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven since I have had such a terrible experience with Talk Talk!

By: Come back BT

specky

specky

Why is talk talk hassling an oap to pay a couple of hundred pounds for a package that didn't happen. Went to ombudsmen who declared a delay in provisions also advised its not unusual for a broadband line to be installed at a later date. No advisement provided by talk talk so no agreement had been made in relation to any delay. I dont feel its fair for any company to charge customers for there problems. I also went to dads MP no help there so won't be voting for the labour party. We have the option to take talk talk to court to have decision overturned. Why should customers be forced to do this not to mention the cost involved. Or to obtain a solicitor to help. Why is no one helping talk talk customers. Customers should not be forced to pay money for services not received as promised. We will wait for them to take us to court. Every news paper every tv station will be advised of dads and mind story should they continue there request for money which is not owed. We all need to take a stand and not give in to this shower its hard going i know but i often wonder why this company isn't all over the papers and TV regarding there poor attitude and shit services in which they provide. Shocking
specky

andy

andy

I have been with talk talk for 2 years now and have always had problems with email
password not been excepted keep trying then all of a sudden password excepted
then it might or might not load my mail
been locked out so many times {my fault apparently} have to change password again
ok for couple of weeks then same problem starts change password again
then repeat above
then no password issue this time just won't load mail , this time call us back in 48 hrs, called back 55hrs later oh no you must wait 72hrs ,called back next day your case has been escalated we will contact you today text message 12hrs later is it sorted if so text back sorted if not text back not sorted afraid it is the later not sorted text sent . next text phone this number within 7 days for us to assist
phoned back directly through security and caller states our system shows we have checked you TV and it should be working fine { I almost climbed into the phone } I don't have TV on my package
it my email caller say thats not what is states on your complaint I said it does and always has please read all my communications after apology caller say ok thats it registerd if you could give us a call back in 72hrs best advice to all don't sign up to talk talk I believe they have little or no technical support just a call centre in the middle east
andy

Kaz

Kaz

Talktalk and talk is what I did for 3 1/2 hours after they cut off my broadband, TV and phone line services by mistake. My daughter had used my landline to cancel her broadband from her own flat and for some unknown reason Talktalk decided to cancel my services, I knew nothing of this until my broadband stopped working, I then rang Talktalk to report a fault and was told an engineer would be sent out in 10 days (which is bad enough), the following day my landline went down, I rang again from my Talktalk mobile. After speaking to 4 different people, I was put through to what they call a manger who said that he had a recording of me cancelling my services and refusing to pay and chargers, he was very aggressive towards me and and I had to plead with him to be able to get a word in! I told him the recording was not of me he then told me 'there's no point in carrying on talking, you won't get any further, it's just going to cost you more money'! At this point I didn't know what to say, I was speechless! He then passed me on to another department,who then told me I had to open a new completely new account and that it would be 2 weeks before I could have any of my services turned back on. After them finally admitting fault, all they have offfered me to compensate is two months free broadband.

DISGUSTED! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! IS IT NOT WORTH USING THEM TO SAVE A BIT OF MONEY! THIS IS WHY THEY ARE CHEAP, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
Kaz

0503237M

0503237M

I MYSELF HAVE BEEN AT THE REIEVING END OF TALKTALK'S CUSTOMER SERVICE! COULDN'T ORGANISE A PISS UP IN A BREWERY! HOPELESS. COMPLAINT IN TONIGHT
0503237M

Rosswilliams

Rosswilliams

Talk talk took money from my mums account for months after cutting her off for no reason at all and waiting over 15 hours to their customer service costing over £100 , for 6 weeks we were passed from person to person . The service is appalling and they do nothing at all . It's illegal surely and we need to do something about it ! It's legalised robbery and they laugh at you as they cut you off .
Rosswilliams

Gorby

Gorby

I totally agree their customer service does not exist...I also am going back to BT which is slightly better! I left them for the same reason though. At least u can get your line checked .

Gorby

MANTRONIK

MANTRONIK

Poor service have had problems with company since last year April, was told by company representative, that I will have 18 months because I paid the bill and connection fee extra charges. Now the company has told I will get on 4 months, my original number has gone been told its not my number a cheek, the manger of the department is a waste of time her name Stephanie her number 0333 001 1249, this woman is inept and Abhorrent, just like the rest of staff.

They are based in West London near the old BBC studios, anyway another customer from Leeds got my details and opened an account in my name, got put thought to the fraud department , waste of time didn't happen, Talk Talk sent their engineers, who had to check my line, yet couldn't believe I lost my number. trust me this lady is a tramp feel free to call her and take out your frustration on her she needs it BITCH. I will never go back to Talk Talk waste of time.
MANTRONIK

dancemom

dancemom

Had no internet at home for a week now. No approximate reconnection time given by talktalk. Indian call centre less than helpful. The only way talktalk have responded is via twitter but that seems to have stopped now. unfortunately I have 18 months left on my contract. Does anyone know whether I can get out of this and go elsewhere as surely they are not meeting the terms and conditions of the contract?
dancemom
3rd Mar 17 12:03

rio

rio

I wrote to talk talk in December 2016, stating that I had cancelled my direct debit for a mobile I had with them,however they either ignored my letter, or didn't receive it!, I then rang them, and after 1hour and 59minutes and 42 seconds, I was still nowhere with them!!!, all they kept doing was transferring me to different people. I even asked to speak to the communications director,(mark scmid), and told me that was not possible. I got answer machine message telling me that the complaint manager would be in touch within 24 hours, and after 43 minutes and 4 seconds, still seemed as if they could not understand me!!, I'm sure that they don't understand English!!!, I would recommend staying away from this company, as I presume they are all foreign!!!, they also owe me money from when I had line rental and broad band with the them, and never got a penny back!!!.
rio

Mazza

Mazza

I signed up with TalkTalk in August because the price of my Sky package kept increasing as I was out of contract. TalkTalk offered good prices, so I signed up to their standard broadband. I was quite impressed at first because my internet speed was faster than what I was getting with Sky but standard broadband in my area is so slow. TalkTalk recently made Fibre optic available in my area so I jumped at the chance of upgrading to fibre optic. This is when my troubles started. Instead of getting quicker internet speeds, I had no working internet at all! I was on the phone constantly with them, and i've never experienced such bad customer service in my life. I couldn't understand them, they couldn't understand me as it was just an Indian call center with people reading off scripts and had little understanding of the English language. It took an whole week of phoning, leaving work early to contact them to finally get my internet working. I asked for compensation after the whole stressful episode...And all they offered me is £3.66 - can you believe that shit! That's right £3.66! Steer well clear of this shambles of a company!
Mazza

Ffs

Ffs

I left talk talk 18 months ago and I am being bombarded with calls saying I have a problem with their router. I have told them 22 times to remove my name from their records. Had another call today saying they have checked my router and its being used outside my home. They told me they have the right to check my router. I have had to purchase a new phone to block their calls. Of course they got to check nothing. Told a very rude Henry not ring again. 23 time.
Ffs

tam

tam

My fiancée set up a talk talk tv and broadband account via a street urchain (my words). She was with a friend at the time (who never set up an account) but was silly enough to allow the salesman to do a credit check. Anyway the long and short of it is, recently my fiancée was checking her bank statement when she noticed talk talk were taking two separate payments from her. She phoned the customer service line only to get some ca;; centre in Delhi, after days of phoning and being given the run around, she finally got someone in Britain on the line. The run around continued for a further two weeks, with excuses and accusations coming from talk talk. now they have admitted to setting up an account in my fiancées friends name, but! wait for this.... both accounts are at my fiancées home (a one bedroom flat), talk talk owe my fiancée well over £2000 but have only offered to pay her £30 as a good will gesture. The case is now in the hands of the ombudsman.... Folks if you are thinking of a broadband and tv package, DO NOT GO WITH talk talk, you will regret it....
tam

Chris b

Chris b

Worst company on the planet! They are like robots, they don't know how to speak to people. They speak like they are ready of some quote card. "The test on our end says it's fine". Are you sitting in my house, struggling to watch your tv package with piss poor internet signal? No.

Getting put on hold that many times that they stop asking. Then when someone starts speaking to you, it's someone different!!
Chris b

lublu

lublu

last October saw an advert saying existing customers can get the same cheap introduction deals as new customers,so i went online and requested this offer. received an email saying they would contact me when it had been set up, no e-mail ever arrived and nothing through the post, so wasn't even sure it had been implemented. poor broadband (kept dropping out) spoke to them 4 hours later seemed i had got it sorted, anyway not over happy with talk talk so decided to switch,went on a comparison and chose new supplier, not that easy talk talk now want 18months money to cancel !!!! i ididnt get a cooling off period as i never received any paperwork ,so now can't change supplier spoke to talk talk not interested and more or less said pay up and leave or shut up and stay, so think twice before you go to talk talk not good customer service at all RUBBISH IN FACT
lublu

Craigos

Craigos

Most disorginised mess of a company ive ever had the misfortune to deal with.
Its all cost cutting tactics whilst maximising profit margins.
customer requirements is a last resort and staff attitude is appauling to say the least.
Under no circumstance would i use or reccomend these again.
I count the days to their demise which is inevitable im afraid.
Craigos