Talk Talk and their very poor customer service

Here's yet another Talk Talk gripe for you.  I don't think for a minute that we are the only ones who are seriously disappointed with their poor customer service.

After five months of phone calls and e-mails, I have still not had a sensible and productive conversation with anyone at Talk Talk.  I managed to get through to someone in Delhi today and I was then transferred a total of five times over the next hour.  Eventually I was transferred back to the customer service person I spoke to in the first place.  I wanted to do was cancel our line rental!  Is it so difficult?

I never thought I would say this but we are seriously considering going back to BT and I thought their customer service was woeful.  People complain about them all the time, but until you've tried a worse internet provider then you really don't now just how bad it can get.  And believe me - you can be quite literally tearing your hair out with frustration!  Now BT are not anywhere near as bad as Talk Talk in my opinion,  so with this in mind I have just sent Talk Talk a letter of complaint and the text below is an extract of what I said to them:

For those who wish to complain to Talk Talk they have a dedicated contact page. Don't forget to leave a message on here and let us know how you get on!

Talk talk, poor customer service. "I decided to leave BT because there customer service was terrible and I was promised that Talk Talk would be better, a lot better.  But you are worse, if fact I think the worse company I have ever the misfortune to deal with!  On our first bill there was statement Here at Talk Talk were truly committed to providing you with the highest level of service; I notice on our latest bill that this statement has disappeared very strange that!"

...come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven

Well I don't really expect to get a response to that letter, but who cares come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven since I have had such a terrible experience with Talk Talk!

By: Come back BT

Dottie

I ve been waiting for a replacement Talk Talk box for two days now.
The first appointment was Wednesday between 9 and 6 the courier didn't materialise. I called them to query where it was. Half an hour later, several difficult to understand assistants and a lot of on hold music I finally reached some one who was the right department I went through the security questions for the third time was again thanked for being so patient for waiting ..After investigation he told me that the courier had just cancelled the delivery and hadn't I received a text message to please rearrange delivery.
Well I hadn't had a text so I arranged delivery with him for Thursday between 6 and 9.

And yes you've got it it hasn't been delivered today either, and no I haven't had any text from the company.
Does anyone out there have a working telephone number or an email address that works so that I can call them again tomorrow.
Do you know of a site that I can name and shame . And is it easy to change to another company for my tv broadband and telephones.
TALK TALK YOUR RUBBISH.
ANY ON ELSE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS Dottie
21st Jul 16 09:07

Flowerkath

How is Talk Talk still in business. It is an absolute joke. I got connected at my new address on 13th of June phone was working but internet wasn't so I called them and it took them a week to get an engineer out. 6 days later the Internet stopped working again called them back went through all the usual checks then was told it would be 7 days and given a date the engineer would come to me. I said I'd like to cancel my contract put on hold while they transferred me only to be told I would have to pay over £400 because it was a new contract I assured her I just changed address and was not made aware it was a new contract (put on hold) come back to say she would have to check something (put on hold) then I was told under the circumstances I could pay a roll back price of £141.12 so in desperation I agreed to do this (put on hold) while she transferred me to someone who could take the payment, instead same woman comes back to say the payment would be over £400 I told her that she already said it would be £141.12 she then said that is what it would have been if she could have rolled it back. I told her that was a lie and I wanted to speak to someone in higher management was told I'd get a call 24 to 48 hours. 81 minutes on the phone and nothing resolved. Didn't get the call so called them only to have to go through it all again was told this time 5 to 10 for higher management to contact me then put back through to faults they said it could be done remotely so engineer didn't need to come out and it would be done by Tuesday (the day engineer was supposed to come) on Tuesday nothing done called back put through to fault only to be told I needed an engineer...earliest appointment Tuesday (losing the will to live) engineer came this Tuesday but he couldn't fix it and would need BT to come out but he would contact them and if I didn't get a message by the next morning to call him and he would chase it up. Called him several times and left messages but no call back, no text from BT and no call from Talk Talk higher management. Are Talk Talk in partnership with Macdonalds because that is where I have to go to check emails.
21st Jul 16 05:07

Catwoman

Spent an hour on the phone on Friday signing up to Talktalk. Received an e-mail today saying they were sorry I had cancelled my order (I hadn't) and a further e-mail saying that my sim card had been sent to an address that isn't mine ! Called them and had to start the order again from scratch, including new credit checks etc. ! After half an hour, lost my temper and told them to cancel everything. What a dreadfully incompetent outfit. Will stay with Virgin for the time being.

sandra

Do not even get me started on this rubbing company!! I shall never recommend this even to an enemy! speaking to advisors literely brings me to tears and they talk to you like some sort of freaking robots telling me they understand my frustration... do you though!? because a month later and you did nothing in that direction! awfull company, the worse i have ever experienced I do not think anything in my life gets me as upset and frustrated as getting something sorted with talk talk. You have to be on phone for hours transfered from one idiot to another just to repeat the same story even though they assure you, you wont have to repeat yourself.... They charged me 85 pounds breakage fee when I have never cancelled and took money without making any contact with me, with no permission whatsoever now a month later wih an apparent check already sorted out I am still waiting but they took a split second to steal from my account. The sad story is that this is not the first time they stole money from me. I couldnt think that an actual company can still be on the market. What a disgrace!
3rd Jul 16 06:07

notfes

After the recent thunder storms my mother-in-law lost her phone line.she still had broadband but no phone.after calling talk talk she was asked to remove the covers from the line boxes to look inside and help solve the problem.not only is this highly irregular and should be carried out by a professional they got very upset when she refused.one week later still no phone and a blind old lady thinks it's her fault.
3rd Jul 16 01:07

Scotswahae

RE: TALK TALK
Dear All,
I’m in the process of starting a complaints fight with Talk Talk.

I sympathise with the all the people. But we will get nowhere unless we act together. I asked for a deadlock letter months ago so that I can go the Ombudsman. No such letter has arrived.

Will be sending a recorded letter this week.

We should all start complaining to the Ombudsman. Look at what Scottish Power was told to do:

“Scottish Power fined £18m for 'failing to treat customers fairly' after receiving ONE MILLION complaints in two years” Ref: By JANE DENTON FOR THIS IS MONEY PUBLISHED: 09:42, 26 April 2016 | UPDATED: 19:21, 26 April 2016.

Come on let’s all start complaining en masse to the Ombudsman, or start an internet petition to bring this shambolic company into line.
2nd Jul 16 04:07

Itchy

When my contract is up I'm leaving talk talk for good. Absolutely shocking in every way. Slowest broadband speeds ever, resetting the router 10 times a day just to stay online. Cannot understand anyone at customer service. Never was told i was getting charge for an engineer call out. Upgraded to fibre router and it's even worse than the old one. Can't wait to leave..
1st Jul 16 07:07

minty

shit service , euros 2016 , fu***d my football , shall be leaving soon as possible,,,,,,

paddy

seems the whole of the uk has no email connection june 16th 2016

I have legal things to sort out and cant get to the emails; have had problems for the last 3 weeks and they blamed it on my windows 10 which has never given me problems. I am spitting feathers as its now 12 hours and counting look at other websites and comments Talktalk are blaming it on the weather, bull, looks like they have been hacked or their instruments are crap.
Sack the top dogs and use their wages to compensate customers and update their their machinery and get a bloody call centre in uk where you can understand them and stop being pushed from one person to the next
mad you have no idea

Dee

Avoid talk talk,disgusted with the service,keeps dropping out buffering,had an engineer supposed to come out on the 16th may 8 until 1 he decides to ring up at 12:55 to explain that he is going to be late,not my problem as I've to go to work,I arrange another appointment only to be rung up 3 more times offering an appointment,was told by one of the ceo, that I would not be charged,low and behold I had a charge for a missed appointment even though I rang up to explain the situation,the way I see it if you are not getting the service you pay for then you shouldn't pay or at least be able to leave a contract,continously talking to advisors who can't understand the simple terms,I will be taking this further this matter will not go away

katie

a lot of places have bad costumer serves like Tv weekly I got a bill which I never even signed up for and when I called I talked to someone I gave my number my email and all he said was that there was no user under that name and all he did was send me to a page which did not help at all

Fed up in Dorset

DON'T USE TALK TALK!

From experience: they lie-change bills without consent, breach direct debit code, take money without consent, dont deliver the service you signed up to (dropped out over 400 times but they deny it/dont rectify it). WHEN you have a problem you will end up being routed to down town delphi-who get paid by the call rather than help/advise: will lie to get you off phone and have no record when you call back. You cant understand them and they certainly wont understand you!
Dont bother with dido harding and her team via email: automated responses, evasive, they are perfect in their eyes. Just quote breach of contract, cancel d/d and get the hell away from them. Lying schister company. Hook you in on a deal then drop you out. TIP: write to credit agency so reason for walking away is known on your credit history. I have had my mortgage extended since I left, who rung me to ask what the spat was with TT as letter was noted: me too said the advisor! Horrible company with a customer disdainful CEO-yes-you dido harding the data loser!
1st Jun 16 03:06

BOD

Anybody reading this please don't sign up to any contract with Talk Talk. I have had issues with them since signing up to them. I'm now 12 months in to an 18 month contract on January the 1st I had no internet this went on for 3 months. My wife and I work from home we have both lost orders couldn't send invoices in on time etc due to the interrupted service. This issue was sorted out at the end of March by a new line being installed. I was offered £20.00 compensation for the 3 months of intermittent internet. The engineer who installed the line tested it in font of me and said the line was testing at 100mbs and capable of these speeds. All was OK for about a month and then the speed started to drop from 35mbs to 20mbs sometimes much lower. I'm sure they are turning the speeds down because when I complain the speed some how goes back up? I want to leave but they are holding me to ransom £170.00 as my contract ends in November. I was with Virgin for 8 year's before they moved us to Talk Talk and never an issue.
31st May 16 01:05

AngryCustomer

I'm having a nightmare with them, 7 months and no resolution, i suffered actual Fraud due to the TalkTalk cyber attack, they admit no liability and gesture of goodwill offered, instead, when i switched providers in november 2015, TalkTalk continued to bill me, I requested and was promised numerous callbacks from a 'manager' to no avail. I wrote a letter of complanit, sent an electronic version as well and ensured I copied in Dido.Harding@talktalkplc.co.uk, only then did i get a response, like you say, from some sort of lackey who was answering on her behalf, cut a long story short, they're adamant I now owe then £124 which each month they whack charges on to. How can they possible thing it is lawful to pursue a balance for a line which wasn't in use, they refuse o give me a statement showing any usage and I had been out of contract for well over 18 months. They rejected my complaint nd now placing a default on my credit file. I now have no choice but to try to appeal to the Ombudsman and hope they can sort this, Won't be sending TalkTalk a penny!

Raging!

Exactly the same complaints as all the other posts! What a shambles of a company. My partner is on the phone now trying to cancel as after a month we still have no phone line, intermittent broadband and no TV box (supposed to be installed today, engineer called last night to confirm appointment, no engineer turned up). We will not be paying a penny as they have not forfilled their side of their contract in anyway!! Cancelled Sky due to increasing prices but in 6 years of being with them we never had a problem. We'll now be without a phone line and internet until we're set up with a new provider. Absolute nightmare. AVOID TALKTALK at all costs!!!!!