Talk Talk and their very poor customer service

Here's yet another Talk Talk gripe for you.  I don't think for a minute that we are the only ones who are seriously disappointed with their poor customer service.

After five months of phone calls and e-mails, I have still not had a sensible and productive conversation with anyone at Talk Talk.  I managed to get through to someone in Delhi today and I was then transferred a total of five times over the next hour.  Eventually I was transferred back to the customer service person I spoke to in the first place.  I wanted to do was cancel our line rental!  Is it so difficult?

I never thought I would say this but we are seriously considering going back to BT and I thought their customer service was woeful.  People complain about them all the time, but until you've tried a worse internet provider then you really don't now just how bad it can get.  And believe me - you can be quite literally tearing your hair out with frustration!  Now BT are not anywhere near as bad as Talk Talk in my opinion,  so with this in mind I have just sent Talk Talk a letter of complaint and the text below is an extract of what I said to them:

For those who wish to complain to Talk Talk they have a dedicated contact page. Don't forget to leave a message on here and let us know how you get on!

Talk talk, poor customer service. "I decided to leave BT because there customer service was terrible and I was promised that Talk Talk would be better, a lot better.  But you are worse, if fact I think the worse company I have ever the misfortune to deal with!  On our first bill there was statement Here at Talk Talk were truly committed to providing you with the highest level of service; I notice on our latest bill that this statement has disappeared very strange that!"

...come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven

Well I don't really expect to get a response to that letter, but who cares come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven since I have had such a terrible experience with Talk Talk!

By: Come back BT

ievil

TalkTalk is a big joke, simply after BT it’s the worst provider in UK. I’ve been there customer as a business and a home user for over 5 years. Couple of months ago I’ve changed my home provider but until now TalkTalk are sending me bills. Recently decided to change my business provider from TalkTalk (rolling contract as never sing up new contract after old expired). New provider advised me I need to speak to TalkTalk and remove fibre from my service before they can overtake the line, however TalkTalk is telling me they can’t remove my fibre as I will have to sign new contract for 18 months without fibre. This simply means TalkTalk for another 18 months. CRAP!!!

anonprox

This is a copy of my gripe posted on another site. But it still stands. "Talktalks motto, if they had one, would be 'win'. If the customer said black was white, TT would argue that black is grey. If the customer then said that black was grey, TT would argue that its white. If the customer, said that 2+2=4, then TT would argue about that. The customer always has to be wrong, therefor talktalk are always correct. They can not lose, will not lose. Argue, argue, argue. Contradict, contradict, contradict. Everything is seen as an opportunity for negotiation in their favour. They dont care about keeping the customer happy, only keeping themselves happy. Whenever they apologies it is meaningless, as they keep on doing something to apologies about. You can have a fault. You phone them and tell them. They ask you to repeat up to three times what you have explained. When you get tired of this and say you are no longer repeating what is perfectly clear (and should be by now) they say 'how can we help you if you do not tell us whats wrong?'. Get this for genius. 'We are not going to do what you want, as we want you to have a good customer experience'. This was a supervisor. I put it to one of them yesterday, do you suppose that if you successfully force the customer to do what they do not want to do, they are going to be even more happy with you, or even more unhappy with you?' The answer was basically an inferred if you dont like it leave. Talktalks idea of good customer service skill, is to force the customer to do what they want, or to beat the customer. Everything has to be argued about. youll also notice a tactic of answering a question that has not been asked, as a way of avoiding answering the question that has been asked. Switching subject in other words when they are losing or it seems like they are or could lose the argument. And yet they initiate the argument. In spite of everything they still will not let you go cleanly, because as i said it has to be done to their advantage. Letting you go and still collecting the money would be to their advantage, despite p$ssing the customer off completely. they still have to win. They lack social skill, shame and etiquette. They are like a half council brick thrown through a plate glass window."

mfj1145

if you are considering contracting talk talk, PLEASE DO NOT !!! customer service is ridiculously and HIGHLY FRUSTRATINGLY appalling. Simple requests appear to be beyond their comprehension and you WILL be passed from department to department often re-visiting the department which could not understand your request in the first place. this WILL happen to YOU time and time again. I have now written to talk talk customer services detailing my VERY SIMPLE request. IF I ever get a reply, I will update my comments to let you all know how I got on. I now need to take another blood pressure tablet!

anon

For info the email address for TalkTalk's CEO is dido.harding@talktalkplc.com Her name Ms Dido Harding. You may get a better response using this rather than their call centres, (Then again you may not!) However at least you will waste some of their time and not just your own

miserablemoaninggit

This gripe does have an impact. I now automatically throw away any literature I get from TalkTalk offering a cheaper rate than my current phone and broadband supplier, BT, remember the comments on this site. There have been so many gripes about this company that I was certainly STAY AWAY FROM TALK TALK, as raginggemma emphatically advises.

Hawks922

I truly sympathise with all of the Talk Talk customers with the issues wiht installations and bills. My problem is far simpler. You know when you open an account with Talk Talk they provide a box that simply asks you if you mind being contacted by Talk Talk regarding new products or services and any affiliates, well I always say NO to these with all companies which stops the cold calls. Well Talk Talk called my home at 16:20 when I am at work, but refused to talk to my partner as she was not the bill payer and I have informed them that my partner has the right to speak on my behalf regarding the account should we have any issues and I am not available (Reasonable request I think). So I return their call and ask why they are cold calling my number again, because Initailly they called me a number of times in their so called 28 day cooling of period and I made it clear during those calls I was not interested and not to call my number. Anyhoots I listen to some Asian guy tell me they did not call me and asked him why is it I wrote the number down from the call log, called it and was now talking to him if he didn't call me. That got me put on hold for 20 minutes so he could transfer me to a manager (Which I think might have been a cleaner of his sister), well she denied that they made the call and I repeated that this was a return call and then she apoligised and said she would mark my account not to be called, but this request may take up 28 days to be completed and I may get more calls during this period. Can someone please tell why a simple request held on electronic data that can be seen by anyone accessing account take frigging up to 28 days to update their cold call lists which obviously could be done by an overnight batch process. I honesty I weep for the originators of the Computing and IT industry because they believed that e-Data would be more efficient and quicker seems it is rolling back to the old days of send a letter in and wait up to 28 days for a result. Anyway to add insuly to injury they called again the next day and woke my child up (I know I could switch the phone off) and she is going through teething at 8 months old and once she is awake it takes ages to settle her again. Anyway I explained to the numpty on the phone that i specifically requested no more called and told him his call woke my child (Yes I said it in an angry tone) and he laughed at me and said it wasn't his fault he didn't know I had a sleeping child, so I said no you didn't but you have a marker on my account saying don't call me, but you're either a reatrd who can't read or a person who likes to ignore peoples wishes. I could go on about this, but to be honest I am so looking forward to ending this contract with Talk Talk. My Advice is simple if you want to deal with a decent telecoms company that treats it customers with respect do not choose TALK TALK.

Dawn

Do not use talk talk.....traumatised big time n dont know how to put into words how they treat customers......no line 2 weeks later and possibly another 2 weeks and theyve got rid of my number....im so angry n upset but noone at talk talk wants to listen.......what a shambolic company

Tasha5192

I think there service is disgusting. I spent the majority of my lunch hour trying to ascertain one thing - why had an engineer not to turn up and promised to set up our broadband. After having to prompt the idiot on the other end of the phone to stop referring to his god damn script and answer the question I just asked, it would appear an engineer had been, but all the work is done outside. Thus - my partner would not of had to wait up half the day after a 12 hour shift, nor would I have had to spend my entire lunch hour which consequently meant I didn't eat, and at 18 weeks pregnant if I don't get my food on time I turn into a monster, but I've more than likely run up a fantastic phone bill. Why on earth would they send an automated message, to say someone is coming if no one actually is is beyond a joke? Prize prat at the end of the phone also tried to tell me I had to make a complaint there and then. Didn't quite understand anything I was saying! Thoroughly unimpressed and if the internet is not active tonight at 12pm as promised...talktalk better prepare for one stressed out and angry mum to be giving them an earful!
31st Oct 14 03:10

Beth

Talk talk are an appalling and imcompentent company. They over billed me on a final bill and I called and was assured they would only take what I owed and my account was amended and not to cancel my back account or I would be fined. I had there talk talk box still which I said I would return when my account was all correct and closed,, needless to say they took the money so stole money which was mine and not there's and another call to them who said I had to wait for the next bill calculation to get my money back. I didn't get my money back and got an account credit and now they have fined me for not returing there you view box and threatened with admin charges it's a joke. I am happy to send there box back when I get the money they wrongfully stole from me. Talk talk are a complete joke and need to sort out there errors and appalling customer service. I'm fed up at spending an hour or more trying to sort it out and getting nowhere! If you are thinking of changing to talk talk please think again

ROY

totally disgusted with the whole service,had 3 engineers down,walk in with there silly machine unplugs everything ,starts in back up ,and hey presto its working for a couple of hours had the same issue for weeks now,all i get on the phone is is sorry sir for your inconvenience AND THANKYOU FOR HOLDING,SPENT ABOUT 5 HOURS ON THE PHONE,I WISH I COULD MOVE ON TO SOMEBODY ELSE BUT THEY WANT £280.00 CANCELLATION FEE,BUT THINKING ABOUT IT I HAVE LOST THAT ON COMING HOME EARLY FROM WORK TO MEET ENGINEERS WHO ARE NEVER ON TIME,

Chrissybea

Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Words fail me and I have no more hair to pull out. Hours spent on the phone with no result. I'm dizzy with going round in circles. I asked to speak to a Manager and the reply was 'I am a Manager' - Yeah right! Four days waiting for an engineer to turn up - and you guessed it - no one appeared. Now have been told next appointment will be in 8 days time. I have better things to do with my life than spend weeks chasing this company to provide me with the service I am paying for. Time to switch - but who to?? All telecom providers seem to be as bad as each other. Perhaps I should resort to letter writing like the good old days.

talktalk all talk zero service

Let me add my bit to his page. I'm sure it will be continued !! On the 30th August 2014 I made the mistake of ordering a phone & broadband diservice from talktalk !! After a 2 week wait and receiving a confirmation of the order, I'm told that as a stupid customer I haven't place my order correctly !! Than it transpired that there was a phone line problem and it was blamed on BT. Talktalk great customer service employees on one occassion went as far as to tell me that if I don't like it I can go elsewhere (in those exact words) !! When I explained that I need the phone line ASAP as I have a child with a disability and the area I'm living in has a very poor mobile reception, there answer was a sympatatic one but that's how it is. So another ordered gets processed and I have to wait for another 2 weeks. Close to the date I receive another text telling me that there is a problem once more !!! After kicking up a fuss about it I get connected with Michael Moran from their CEO office. THings started to move so I hoped. Eventually I got broadband and a couple of days later a phone line. I thought things were finally over. Compensation three months service, when I said that this wasn't enough for the amount of calls I had to make on my mobile and while travelling on business to sort this out the answer from the CEO office was that I should be thankful as it wasn't their problem !! A week and a half into using the service I start experiencing problems getting into various websites. So I call Talktalk and am told that I have a temporary service and have not got fibre broadband yet !! Why I ask ?? Oh silly me again I did something wrong in the order again !! Forget all the phone calls and the email confirmations I received !! So I call Michael Moran from the CEO office again and he doesn't answer me for two days. Than my phone line goes dead !! Since I am now totally annoyed I go on twitter and tweet about this - Suddenly Michael Moran calls me !!! WOW amazing !! He than proceeded to tell me that he had told me that it would be a temporary service to which I replied he had not and that this was not correct and I asked for a recording of this conversation ! As a customer, what do I get ? Thsi guy starts yelling at me and treating me like I'm some idiot and when I remind him that I'm the customer he said that he cannot deal with me and is going to ask for my case to be assigned to another person in the CEO office. Well two weeks later and no one calls from the CEO office not even to apologise. I finally get my phone line back after two days ! And my much promised Fibre broadband is due on the 26 October !! So the 26 October arrives and now my internet is completely dead !! Not only do I not have fibre optic but no internet at all. Call talktalk and they tell me to wait 48 hours until an engineer comes over and if it is found that it is my fault (once again) I will be billed 50 GBP !! Amazing customer service at it's finest !! No wonder ofcom has stated that this is one of the worst serviced providers ! Now I know where they got this reputation from !! It's all true !! To be continued ...........