Talk Talk and their very poor customer service

Here's yet another Talk Talk gripe for you.  I don't think for a minute that we are the only ones who are seriously disappointed with their poor customer service.

After five months of phone calls and e-mails, I have still not had a sensible and productive conversation with anyone at Talk Talk.  I managed to get through to someone in Delhi today and I was then transferred a total of five times over the next hour.  Eventually I was transferred back to the customer service person I spoke to in the first place.  I wanted to do was cancel our line rental!  Is it so difficult?

I never thought I would say this but we are seriously considering going back to BT and I thought their customer service was woeful.  People complain about them all the time, but until you've tried a worse internet provider then you really don't now just how bad it can get.  And believe me - you can be quite literally tearing your hair out with frustration!  Now BT are not anywhere near as bad as Talk Talk in my opinion,  so with this in mind I have just sent Talk Talk a letter of complaint and the text below is an extract of what I said to them:

For those who wish to complain to Talk Talk they have a dedicated contact page. Don't forget to leave a message on here and let us know how you get on!

Talk talk, poor customer service. "I decided to leave BT because there customer service was terrible and I was promised that Talk Talk would be better, a lot better.  But you are worse, if fact I think the worse company I have ever the misfortune to deal with!  On our first bill there was statement Here at Talk Talk were truly committed to providing you with the highest level of service; I notice on our latest bill that this statement has disappeared very strange that!"

...come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven

Well I don't really expect to get a response to that letter, but who cares come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven since I have had such a terrible experience with Talk Talk!

By: Come back BT

Sana

Sana

Absolutely useless staff, let internet be set up in my name but with my housemates bank details, so when the direct debits were stopped I was threatened with bad credit. To compromise I moved the details to mine, worst decision, charging much more than I was told I would be!
Sana

Mugforusingtalktalk

Mugforusingtalktalk

All I'm gonna say is bloody scamming bastards 208kbps then to 591 and that's on a test without anything using it. Oh anyone notice apart from losing connection all through the day everyday at 2 am internet gone and every time I'm fcking told its me! No its you greedy fckers Don't use talk talk they are disgusting fckers your services TV bloody shit
Mugforusingtalktalk

Steveo

Steveo

Absolute scammers and liars. Their CEO if indeed she was a CEO is arrogant and unhelpful. I was talked into taking Broadband contract out on the promise it would be far quicker than previous provider (sky) . The service from Talk Talk from day one was useless. I put up with it for 6 months before sacking this bunch of fraudsters off. They now demand £173 for early cancellation stating that I should have given them the chance to sort it. I didn't have the time to be fobbed of by these b $#@ s. THEY CAN WHISTLE for their cancellation fee.
Steveo
3rd Oct 16 05:10

Mandy ann

Mandy ann

Absolutely dreadful customer services, no compassion or understanding, trying to resolve a fault on behalf of my mother who has no other means of contact apart from her phone, has memory problems health issues and no one seems to care, at the end of my tether!!!
Mandy ann

Lainiec

Lainiec

On hold to talk talk again trying to cancel my contract been told my end date july august november and January cancellation feehas gone from £20 to 114.14 .now £236.....still trying to explain to woman that 12 months from august last year means thats my contract is up. Saying my contrat now runs out in jan 2018. Worse company every ask one question you will be on the phone for 3 hours .and still not have a answer . I have just asked to leave she has told me about the great deal im getting . Internet cuts out for seconds if two devices are conected .her answer we can solve it only 65 pound for an enginer to come out . Me I want to leave talk talk .her but you have a good deal . Me no I want to leave . Her why dont you give it 28 days to see. Me I want to leave why does my contract date keep changing . Her you have a good deal with us as a loyal customer .
Lainiec

Chris

Chris

Same problems here with me today. A woeful service. Spent over an hour trying to clarify my position of cancelling my contract on the last day of the contract 25/12/2016.

I will probably be abroad from October 2016 till January 2017. Therefore to make sure the contract was not automatically renewed whilst I was away, contacted them to advise them to cancel on the due date.

Not possible so they say!!! Cannot see why. I have to leave it till 30 days before the contract runs out. that's what they have told me. This will cost me money!

I am seriously considering legal action or just cancelling my direct debit and seeing what happens
Chris

Shaz

Shaz

I would advise anyone who is approached by Talk Talk salespeople or who may be thinking of changing to Talk Talk DO NOT. They have to be the worst providers in the world.
We signed up for their 18 month contract which happily ends on 20 October. After one argument after another with these human robots today I called them to give 30 days notice as per their contract.

I went through all the hoo hah of cancelling and telling the woman why when she then sprung on me because I was giving 30 days notice I would be unable to keep my current phone number. I asked why and all she would keep saying was it was because I was cancelling my contract.

I'm afraid I lost my temper with her as she just kept repeating herself telling me if I wanted to keep my number it would cost me £21.50. It's not the money it's the principal and I told her to keep my number I just wanted out.

Ive had nothing but problems with Talk Talk you rarely get to speak to a person who can speak clearly and no I'm not racist, but I struggle to understand a lot of foreign accents.

So take my advise steer clear of Talk Talk.
Shaz
21st Sep 16 01:09

livid

livid

Talk talk are the worst telephone/broadband providers ever! I would urge all people who are contemplating using this company for services to avoid them like the plague...my personal experience has been appaling since joining in June 2016...the bills have all been in correct & even when you make a manual payment there is a charge of £10.00 added as they insist you are late in paying...the service gets suspended. I set up a DD received a confirmation letter stating the date this payment would be taken from my bank account. My services have been suspended again as according to Talk Talk the DD wasn't set up in time I argued with the customer advisor and kept repeating I had received the confirmation letter and the payment would be taken on the stated date!
It is not my problem if the company are not able to do their job....anyone would be better off to have their service provided with either: BT, Sky, EE..
livid

Phil

Phil

Why is impossible for a TalkTalk operative who writes me a letter to be available to discuss it either by telephone or email?

TALKTALK IS A COMMUNCIATIONS COMPANY - LEARN TO COMMUNICATE BEFORE TAKING THE HARD EARNED CASH OF YOUR CUSTOMERS
Phil

T.T

T.T

I went to talk talk for broadband and phone line.
OMG what a nightmare, my broadband never worked for more than an hour, I called talk talk, they said there was a fault on my line, I told them I was using my land line phone to call them. Derrrrrr!!! . After hanging up I tried calling my doctors and low and behold my landline wasn't working. I called from my mobile and got someone I couldn't understand again, I asked for a manager, got put on hold for ages finally got put on to someone called Derek who I could hardly understand. He said sorry fault on my line would be fixed within 24 hours. (Yeah right).
I called sky from my mobile, they checked my line and found no fault, so I cancelled talk talk and went with sky.

That was in July, today they approached my bank for 39.00 for August bill. So been on phone again for nearly hour trying to sort that out.

My advice would be. "If u want to talk talk to anyone then don't go to talk talk cause they talk talk rubbish"

Carrier pigeon would be a better service.
T.T

Winney

Winney

Hi i agree had had years of problems with talktalk when I move house 8 months ago I told talktalk I was moveing house but I had to enter another 12 month contract but same equipment now last 7 months have been he'll with me haveing to turn router of and on several times a day to get it to work I've complained probley 20 to 30 times but still not working correctly I just want to leave but they say I can't one minute because still in 12 month contract , then I can if I give the old youview box back, then I can't iam tearing my hair out and I though sky was bad there is alot more things to say but not enough words to express how bad they are.
Winney

markk

markk

I contacted TalkTalk (TT) as a new potential customer via their main number.
A man - whose I found hard to understand, with a noisy call centre background not helping - called me back (from number 0800 955 5544) and for 20 minutes took details in order to set up a new account: he agreed when the changeover to TT would occur. I called back TT 2 days later - but they had no record of my account details! And yet: the call centre ‘man’ had taken my bank details: obviously took my phone number as I am now getting 2-3 calls every day from the 0800 number (they ask for a different person when I answer it and then hang up). I spoke to the supervisor when I called back about this unsatisfactory situation the first time, I emailed - got a reply back from TT asking for the same information I gave to them in the email - and, despite 3 emails to them since, have heard nothing!!
It concerns me that someone somewhere has taken my bank details.......
Appalling service.
markk

R.E. Bickers Mr. Angry Btn.

R.E. Bickers Mr. Angry Btn.

Coerced into taking up the T V option in addition, to Internet and Landline,! did not want or need T,V. but promised that the Monthly direct debits would go down by approx. £10 (sterling) per month, surprise surprise, after being assured with the usual clap trap, NO absolutely NO, hidden charges because the installation was already working.?? ... Before the new Modem was even unwrapped the first bill came in PLUS approx.£ 10 (sterling) .... As above went mataphorically half way round the world AND back,?? then the Usual B*******, about NOT porting the long standing number, then got the obligatory Pay £200 (sterling) cancellation fee, OR ELSE. Problem solved switched to Sky and asked T.T. if they were prepared or even able to produce the transcript of the call, in Court, asked for a statement IN WRITING via snail mail, all that was received was Blue Plastic bag for the return of their unused Modem.
WORK IN PROGRESS, watch this space.???????
R.E. Bickers Mr. Angry Btn.

Alarmed

Alarmed

I too have just left Talktalk, I spent two years paying for something I never got. My fault really as each time I rang to sort things out, useless, pillar to post for an hour until eventually they wore my patience away. Pushing 70 with hearing to match the Asian high speed banter from a script is impossible to grasp, I could have a bought anything from broadband to a nuclear sub, they are so confusing.
Alarmed

M K

M K

Just asked talk talk for some recompense after lack of usuability. Only able to connect for 5 minutes maximum over last 5 days. No phone or broadband on 15 August, intermittent up to 31st August. Talk talk said they will fix problem and can't give any rebate due to us having some sort of access. My answer, move to BT and give someone else your business. I didn't chose talk talk they bought Tesco broadband who I was with. Now out of contract so they can stick their Indian call centre. No recompense has cost them a customer. Would never recommend or ever use them again.
M K