Talk Talk and their very poor customer service

Here's yet another Talk Talk gripe for you.  I don't think for a minute that we are the only ones who are seriously disappointed with their poor customer service.

After five months of phone calls and e-mails, I have still not had a sensible and productive conversation with anyone at Talk Talk.  I managed to get through to someone in Delhi today and I was then transferred a total of five times over the next hour.  Eventually I was transferred back to the customer service person I spoke to in the first place.  I wanted to do was cancel our line rental!  Is it so difficult?

I never thought I would say this but we are seriously considering going back to BT and I thought their customer service was woeful.  People complain about them all the time, but until you've tried a worse internet provider then you really don't now just how bad it can get.  And believe me - you can be quite literally tearing your hair out with frustration!  Now BT are not anywhere near as bad as Talk Talk in my opinion,  so with this in mind I have just sent Talk Talk a letter of complaint and the text below is an extract of what I said to them:

For those who wish to complain to Talk Talk they have a dedicated contact page. Don't forget to leave a message on here and let us know how you get on!

Talk talk, poor customer service. "I decided to leave BT because there customer service was terrible and I was promised that Talk Talk would be better, a lot better.  But you are worse, if fact I think the worse company I have ever the misfortune to deal with!  On our first bill there was statement Here at Talk Talk were truly committed to providing you with the highest level of service; I notice on our latest bill that this statement has disappeared very strange that!"

...come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven

Well I don't really expect to get a response to that letter, but who cares come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven since I have had such a terrible experience with Talk Talk!

By: Come back BT

Ffs

Ffs

I left talk talk 18 months ago and I am being bombarded with calls saying I have a problem with their router. I have told them 22 times to remove my name from their records. Had another call today saying they have checked my router and its being used outside my home. They told me they have the right to check my router. I have had to purchase a new phone to block their calls. Of course they got to check nothing. Told a very rude Henry not ring again. 23 time.
Ffs

tam

tam

My fiancée set up a talk talk tv and broadband account via a street urchain (my words). She was with a friend at the time (who never set up an account) but was silly enough to allow the salesman to do a credit check. Anyway the long and short of it is, recently my fiancée was checking her bank statement when she noticed talk talk were taking two separate payments from her. She phoned the customer service line only to get some ca;; centre in Delhi, after days of phoning and being given the run around, she finally got someone in Britain on the line. The run around continued for a further two weeks, with excuses and accusations coming from talk talk. now they have admitted to setting up an account in my fiancées friends name, but! wait for this.... both accounts are at my fiancées home (a one bedroom flat), talk talk owe my fiancée well over £2000 but have only offered to pay her £30 as a good will gesture. The case is now in the hands of the ombudsman.... Folks if you are thinking of a broadband and tv package, DO NOT GO WITH talk talk, you will regret it....
tam

Chris b

Chris b

Worst company on the planet! They are like robots, they don't know how to speak to people. They speak like they are ready of some quote card. "The test on our end says it's fine". Are you sitting in my house, struggling to watch your tv package with piss poor internet signal? No.

Getting put on hold that many times that they stop asking. Then when someone starts speaking to you, it's someone different!!
Chris b

lublu

lublu

last October saw an advert saying existing customers can get the same cheap introduction deals as new customers,so i went online and requested this offer. received an email saying they would contact me when it had been set up, no e-mail ever arrived and nothing through the post, so wasn't even sure it had been implemented. poor broadband (kept dropping out) spoke to them 4 hours later seemed i had got it sorted, anyway not over happy with talk talk so decided to switch,went on a comparison and chose new supplier, not that easy talk talk now want 18months money to cancel !!!! i ididnt get a cooling off period as i never received any paperwork ,so now can't change supplier spoke to talk talk not interested and more or less said pay up and leave or shut up and stay, so think twice before you go to talk talk not good customer service at all RUBBISH IN FACT
lublu

Craigos

Craigos

Most disorginised mess of a company ive ever had the misfortune to deal with.
Its all cost cutting tactics whilst maximising profit margins.
customer requirements is a last resort and staff attitude is appauling to say the least.
Under no circumstance would i use or reccomend these again.
I count the days to their demise which is inevitable im afraid.
Craigos

Steve

Steve

I can't even be bothered to type about TalkTalk. They have worn me down for over 2 months.
They are BAD. STAY AWAY AT ALL COST.
Steve

savvy saver

savvy saver

I had a similar issue with virgin and talk talk, we then found out about a company called utility warehouse from a friend.
They are consistently awarded for their services and customer service by Which? Magazine so I decided to give them a go...
4 years on, still with them and very happy!, little niggles at start but sorted very quickly by 1 service rep and at same time as calling... Even called me back! 😁
Now have all services with them and paying less than old elec/gas alone...
Highly recommend.

Www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk/N10564
(still have chaps business card from sign up and still checks in to see if he can help)

Very satisfied to say the least!
savvy saver

Bexhill

Bexhill

Good luck trying to close your account with talktalk. They take an extremely aggressive stance. To date I have had

' the details you have given don't match our records' and the call was terminated.

Left on hold until I gave up.

'We will send you an e.mail' I am still waiting.

Threatened with the inability to connect with any other provider.

I would not recommend TALKTALK.
Bexhill

Lynne

Lynne

Oh dear what a very poor device 4 hours on the phone to customer service selling me a package that isn't comparable in my area and then send me the bill well talk talk see you in court as you are not getting nothing from me such a frustrating company
Lynne
22nd Dec 16 10:12

just me

just me

my partner is 81 has been unable to recieve calls for 2 days and talktalk have done nothing
he has no internet he doesnt have a computer we have checked the phones in the house nothing wrong with them and talktalk has no answer even when contacting them from my computer in tunbridge wells this will escalate to the ombuds man had enough my internet has consistantly been down these past 2 weeks again talktalk says switch off everything and turn on again this is not good enough obviously they have malware in their system
just me

Steviehatestalktalk

Steviehatestalktalk

I put my complaint in the hands of the Ombudsman unfortunately TalkTalk hid behind a worthless contract stating I dropped them without giving them a chance to solve their shit broadband service. Has anyone tried to phone TalkTalk you eventually get put through to someone in India and spent half your time repeating yourself and nothing gets resolved. I've settled the breakage fee 172 quid just to get rid of this shower of thieving fraudulent scumbags..lesson learned don't ever stop and speak to their agents they are liars. I now feel I've been scammed out of hundreds of pounds to keep that ugly scheming boot Harding in the lifestyle she doesn't deserve..
Steviehatestalktalk

specky

specky

Talk talk are unable to confirm go live dates for either service. However do bill you from the go live dates they provide and not the actual go live date. Talk talk do not keep records after three months. I was under the impression anything financial should be kepted for seven years. This is clearly a billing issue.

Everone needs to complain to their MP the government. Ask how they are getting away with it trapping customers knowing they are unable to provide the services that they promised. Than charged customers a fee. When talk talj fail to provide services that they promised. Failed contract. Talktalk failed their contractual obligations. Unfair
specky

specky

specky

Talk talk failed their contractual obligations to my dad provided written documents to advise of go live dates which did not happen as expected Talk Talk provided dad with waiting times to wait 24 hours than another 24 hours than another 48 hours. All with the promise of free cancellation. These waiting times are designed to take customers over 20 days. Dad was sold a package billed as a package but his services are treated separately. Ombudsmen say that its not unusual for a broadband line to be installed at a later date it is to a poor unsuspecting customer who had not been made aware of this at the start. Dad would not of entertained talk talk as a provider if he knew of any problems obtaining any part of his package. It does feel like dad is to blame for talk talk failures to provide their services. Dad is expected to pay a contract breakage fee which is over two hundred pounds. Dad is 74 years old has poor eyesight is deaf and is not a well man heart condition. Why are talk talk customers to blame. Talk talk are responsible to provide services as agreed. Talktalk failed their contractual obligations. We are going to need a good solicitor hope we can get legal aid.
specky

Sana

Sana

Absolutely useless staff, let internet be set up in my name but with my housemates bank details, so when the direct debits were stopped I was threatened with bad credit. To compromise I moved the details to mine, worst decision, charging much more than I was told I would be!
Sana

Mugforusingtalktalk

Mugforusingtalktalk

All I'm gonna say is bloody scamming bastards 208kbps then to 591 and that's on a test without anything using it. Oh anyone notice apart from losing connection all through the day everyday at 2 am internet gone and every time I'm fcking told its me! No its you greedy fckers Don't use talk talk they are disgusting fckers your services TV bloody shit
Mugforusingtalktalk