Talk Talk and their very poor customer service

Here's yet another Talk Talk gripe for you.  I don't think for a minute that we are the only ones who are seriously disappointed with their poor customer service.

After five months of phone calls and e-mails, I have still not had a sensible and productive conversation with anyone at Talk Talk.  I managed to get through to someone in Delhi today and I was then transferred a total of five times over the next hour.  Eventually I was transferred back to the customer service person I spoke to in the first place.  I wanted to do was cancel our line rental!  Is it so difficult?

I never thought I would say this but we are seriously considering going back to BT and I thought their customer service was woeful.  People complain about them all the time, but until you've tried a worse internet provider then you really don't now just how bad it can get.  And believe me - you can be quite literally tearing your hair out with frustration!  Now BT are not anywhere near as bad as Talk Talk in my opinion,  so with this in mind I have just sent Talk Talk a letter of complaint and the text below is an extract of what I said to them:

For those who wish to complain to Talk Talk they have a dedicated contact page. Don't forget to leave a message on here and let us know how you get on!

Talk talk, poor customer service. "I decided to leave BT because there customer service was terrible and I was promised that Talk Talk would be better, a lot better.  But you are worse, if fact I think the worse company I have ever the misfortune to deal with!  On our first bill there was statement Here at Talk Talk were truly committed to providing you with the highest level of service; I notice on our latest bill that this statement has disappeared very strange that!"

...come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven

Well I don't really expect to get a response to that letter, but who cares come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven since I have had such a terrible experience with Talk Talk!

By: Come back BT

Sue

Sue

I ordered talktalk on July 5th, and to date have no working landline, no TV box, which incidentally I have to install myself when it arrives, difficult as there is no aerial to the TV without paying an engineer to come and run one down from the loft! None of the above was explained to me when I ordered the package. I have tried to cancel, but am told that they will disconnect my non-existent phone line and I must then pay someone to come and re-instate my cable TV and broadband. What a complete and utter bunch of clowns they are. I wish I had never heard of them or their ridiculous company. I wonder if trading standards might be interested.

Itty

Itty

I have had the same problem, no phone, no internet and the same texts, the same conversation over and over again an nothing done. Instead of transferring my land line calls to my mobile phone which they said they would do, they gave me a temporary line or so they said then they said it was a crossed line on which I am receiving international calls from people speaking in a foreign language whom I do not know. It is extremely annoying to say the least. I have repeatedly asked them to remove this number from my line which they appear to be incapable of doing.

I have cancelled my direct debit as they have taken payment for a service that has not been provided. I am in the process of emailing the Chief Executive to see if she is capable of dealing with the matter, won't be holding my breath.

I too am seriously contemplating going back to BT.

What a shambles.

Jabba

Jabba

Talk Talk are truly awful, I don't even have the energy to write it all down again. If you are thinking of going with them, think again please.

Jimmy

Jimmy

Another frustrated customer here.

My original complaint was to speak with a manager regarded scammers having my talktalk details.
I was told that a manager would call me at 11am - no call. I contacted them again and was told 4pm - no call. I contacted them again and was told 6pm - no call.
I contacted them myself at 6:20 demanding to know what was going on and where were my promised calls,(I have transcripts of the conversations)
The manager was very monotonous and showed zero empathy. He was not interested in talktalk errors.
I understand my complaint has been passed on to the CEO department, however I expect very little to happen.

Talktalk have set a new baseline for bad customer service. They act as if having bad customer service is a challenge for them to accept and excel at. They win.

Stay away from them. Absolutely disgraceful.

Marie

Marie

My service went live on 11 July (phone and broadband). A BT engineer turned up the following week to say I was only getting standard broadband, moved me to fibre with a few hours down time. All good. SO I THOUGHT. Fast forward Thursday 28 July and 8.45am. Phone works. Broadband stops. They have disconnected my service. Phoned and told they would reorder - almost THREE hours on phone. Order rejected, did same tests on equipment three times on same call. Talk Talk engineer booked for Sat 30 July. 2 hours in same call Talk Talk engineer cancelled and I'm told I need BT OpenReach enginner. Booked for Fri 29 July. 2h 47m later this is how it is left. Answerphone message at 4.30pm telling me the Talk Talk engineer would be at my property on Saturday and if I wasn't there I would incur a fee. Phoned them (another 1h 8m on call) and it turns out no BT engineer booked, order to reinstate line rejected and yes you guessed it - 5+ days on NOTHING. Am dealing with them on Twitter trying to get an update. They took my Direct Debit yesterday. THEY ARE AN ABSOLUTE JOKE I am so sorry for moving to them. Still not sorted. Totally traumatised by them. Having to pay for data with O2 as I work from home alot. It is madness that they think it is acceptable to operate by ignoring customers. I was referred to CEO team - and yep - NOTHING!!!!!! I wish I had read this post before I moved to them.
2nd Aug 16 10:08

James Thompson

James Thompson

Oh dear! I found so many results when looking to speak to talktalk. It seems they're not great at answering the phone lol. I'm currently locked into a 12 month contract. Does anyone know how to get out?

Thanks
31st Jul 16 07:07

Andrew

Andrew

TalkTalk has to be the worst company I have ever had to deal with and thankfully I am not a customer however my elderly mother is. My mums phone has been out for now 2 weeks. When you call the call centre "customer service" is the last thing they provide to you. They give you wrong advice, tell lies on the phone with actions they have taken. There customer service team do not deal with "complaints". There escalation process is nothing short of shocking and I have no doubt all done so that you end up giving up. You ask for an interim arrangement to be put in place and are told they cant do this. Your complaint is eventually escalated to the CEO office. Again you are told they will respond up to 2 weeks (The customer code online gives up to 72 hours for a response from the CEO team however this timeline does not matter to the call centre). After spending 1 hr 40 minutes on the phone (27th July at my expense) they advise you the CEO team will call you at 2pm on the 31st July. Surprise surprise no phone call. Again at your expense when you phone up you are simply told CEO will call you up to 2 weeks. They give again another excuse as to no phone call back ( a consistent pattern they have). Continue to offer no solution or express any interest in resolving the outstanding issue.
31st Jul 16 05:07

Eddie

Eddie

Hi my name is ross burnside. Im not a customer of talk talk but my brother Edward burnside is a customer.my brother Edward has been in a diabetic coma for the past five weeks. I'm watching my brothers kids while he is in hospital.one of your customer service agents phoned my brothers phone and was asking to speak to my brother Edward and when I told the guy that Edward was in a diabetic coma he asked four times when my brother would be out of his coma.i was so angry that he asked me four times when my brother would be coming out of the coma.i really wish I knew when Edward would be out of his coma.my two nephews and niece are so upset as they haven't been able to speak to their dad in the past five weeks. I was treated badly on the phone and your member of staff who phoned was very unprofessional and didn't seem to care.he was asking me if I could pass a message on to my brother and I had to tell him again that Edward was in a coma and I have no idea when he will come out of the coma,i was then asked again did I have any idea when he would be better and out of the coma.i then told the guy I was hanging up as he left me and the kids really upset by the questions your agent was asking.when I told him I was hanging up he asked me to contact talk talk if I had any idea when Edward would be out of his coma I then hung up the phone and two. Minutes later he phoned again but I was so angry I didn't answer the call.mr ross burnside

Neil

Neil

For God's sake can someone tell me how to rid myself of TalkTalk and obtain a reliable telephone service? I have had an intermittent fault for two years and no compensation, just the usual run-around. I am 82 and incapacitated and have suffered a deterioration in health because of that cursed company.
23rd Jul 16 03:07

Dottie

Dottie

I ve been waiting for a replacement Talk Talk box for two days now.
The first appointment was Wednesday between 9 and 6 the courier didn't materialise. I called them to query where it was. Half an hour later, several difficult to understand assistants and a lot of on hold music I finally reached some one who was the right department I went through the security questions for the third time was again thanked for being so patient for waiting ..After investigation he told me that the courier had just cancelled the delivery and hadn't I received a text message to please rearrange delivery.
Well I hadn't had a text so I arranged delivery with him for Thursday between 6 and 9.

And yes you've got it it hasn't been delivered today either, and no I haven't had any text from the company.
Does anyone out there have a working telephone number or an email address that works so that I can call them again tomorrow.
Do you know of a site that I can name and shame . And is it easy to change to another company for my tv broadband and telephones.
TALK TALK YOUR RUBBISH.
ANY ON ELSE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS Dottie
21st Jul 16 09:07

Flowerkath

Flowerkath

How is Talk Talk still in business. It is an absolute joke. I got connected at my new address on 13th of June phone was working but internet wasn't so I called them and it took them a week to get an engineer out. 6 days later the Internet stopped working again called them back went through all the usual checks then was told it would be 7 days and given a date the engineer would come to me. I said I'd like to cancel my contract put on hold while they transferred me only to be told I would have to pay over £400 because it was a new contract I assured her I just changed address and was not made aware it was a new contract (put on hold) come back to say she would have to check something (put on hold) then I was told under the circumstances I could pay a roll back price of £141.12 so in desperation I agreed to do this (put on hold) while she transferred me to someone who could take the payment, instead same woman comes back to say the payment would be over £400 I told her that she already said it would be £141.12 she then said that is what it would have been if she could have rolled it back. I told her that was a lie and I wanted to speak to someone in higher management was told I'd get a call 24 to 48 hours. 81 minutes on the phone and nothing resolved. Didn't get the call so called them only to have to go through it all again was told this time 5 to 10 for higher management to contact me then put back through to faults they said it could be done remotely so engineer didn't need to come out and it would be done by Tuesday (the day engineer was supposed to come) on Tuesday nothing done called back put through to fault only to be told I needed an engineer...earliest appointment Tuesday (losing the will to live) engineer came this Tuesday but he couldn't fix it and would need BT to come out but he would contact them and if I didn't get a message by the next morning to call him and he would chase it up. Called him several times and left messages but no call back, no text from BT and no call from Talk Talk higher management. Are Talk Talk in partnership with Macdonalds because that is where I have to go to check emails.
21st Jul 16 05:07

Catwoman

Catwoman

Spent an hour on the phone on Friday signing up to Talktalk. Received an e-mail today saying they were sorry I had cancelled my order (I hadn't) and a further e-mail saying that my sim card had been sent to an address that isn't mine ! Called them and had to start the order again from scratch, including new credit checks etc. ! After half an hour, lost my temper and told them to cancel everything. What a dreadfully incompetent outfit. Will stay with Virgin for the time being.

sandra

sandra

Do not even get me started on this rubbing company!! I shall never recommend this even to an enemy! speaking to advisors literely brings me to tears and they talk to you like some sort of freaking robots telling me they understand my frustration... do you though!? because a month later and you did nothing in that direction! awfull company, the worse i have ever experienced I do not think anything in my life gets me as upset and frustrated as getting something sorted with talk talk. You have to be on phone for hours transfered from one idiot to another just to repeat the same story even though they assure you, you wont have to repeat yourself.... They charged me 85 pounds breakage fee when I have never cancelled and took money without making any contact with me, with no permission whatsoever now a month later wih an apparent check already sorted out I am still waiting but they took a split second to steal from my account. The sad story is that this is not the first time they stole money from me. I couldnt think that an actual company can still be on the market. What a disgrace!
3rd Jul 16 06:07

notfes

notfes

After the recent thunder storms my mother-in-law lost her phone line.she still had broadband but no phone.after calling talk talk she was asked to remove the covers from the line boxes to look inside and help solve the problem.not only is this highly irregular and should be carried out by a professional they got very upset when she refused.one week later still no phone and a blind old lady thinks it's her fault.
3rd Jul 16 01:07

Scotswahae

Scotswahae

RE: TALK TALK
Dear All,
I’m in the process of starting a complaints fight with Talk Talk.

I sympathise with the all the people. But we will get nowhere unless we act together. I asked for a deadlock letter months ago so that I can go the Ombudsman. No such letter has arrived.

Will be sending a recorded letter this week.

We should all start complaining to the Ombudsman. Look at what Scottish Power was told to do:

“Scottish Power fined £18m for 'failing to treat customers fairly' after receiving ONE MILLION complaints in two years” Ref: By JANE DENTON FOR THIS IS MONEY PUBLISHED: 09:42, 26 April 2016 | UPDATED: 19:21, 26 April 2016.

Come on let’s all start complaining en masse to the Ombudsman, or start an internet petition to bring this shambolic company into line.
2nd Jul 16 04:07