Talk Talk and their very poor customer service

Here's yet another Talk Talk gripe for you.  I don't think for a minute that we are the only ones who are seriously disappointed with their poor customer service.

After five months of phone calls and e-mails, I have still not had a sensible and productive conversation with anyone at Talk Talk.  I managed to get through to someone in Delhi today and I was then transferred a total of five times over the next hour.  Eventually I was transferred back to the customer service person I spoke to in the first place.  I wanted to do was cancel our line rental!  Is it so difficult?

I never thought I would say this but we are seriously considering going back to BT and I thought their customer service was woeful.  People complain about them all the time, but until you've tried a worse internet provider then you really don't now just how bad it can get.  And believe me - you can be quite literally tearing your hair out with frustration!  Now BT are not anywhere near as bad as Talk Talk in my opinion,  so with this in mind I have just sent Talk Talk a letter of complaint and the text below is an extract of what I said to them:

For those who wish to complain to Talk Talk they have a dedicated contact page. Don't forget to leave a message on here and let us know how you get on!

Talk talk, poor customer service. "I decided to leave BT because there customer service was terrible and I was promised that Talk Talk would be better, a lot better.  But you are worse, if fact I think the worse company I have ever the misfortune to deal with!  On our first bill there was statement Here at Talk Talk were truly committed to providing you with the highest level of service; I notice on our latest bill that this statement has disappeared very strange that!"

...come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven

Well I don't really expect to get a response to that letter, but who cares come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven since I have had such a terrible experience with Talk Talk!

By: Come back BT

Lainiec

Lainiec

On hold to talk talk again trying to cancel my contract been told my end date july august november and January cancellation feehas gone from £20 to 114.14 .now £236.....still trying to explain to woman that 12 months from august last year means thats my contract is up. Saying my contrat now runs out in jan 2018. Worse company every ask one question you will be on the phone for 3 hours .and still not have a answer . I have just asked to leave she has told me about the great deal im getting . Internet cuts out for seconds if two devices are conected .her answer we can solve it only 65 pound for an enginer to come out . Me I want to leave talk talk .her but you have a good deal . Me no I want to leave . Her why dont you give it 28 days to see. Me I want to leave why does my contract date keep changing . Her you have a good deal with us as a loyal customer .
Lainiec

Chris

Chris

Same problems here with me today. A woeful service. Spent over an hour trying to clarify my position of cancelling my contract on the last day of the contract 25/12/2016.

I will probably be abroad from October 2016 till January 2017. Therefore to make sure the contract was not automatically renewed whilst I was away, contacted them to advise them to cancel on the due date.

Not possible so they say!!! Cannot see why. I have to leave it till 30 days before the contract runs out. that's what they have told me. This will cost me money!

I am seriously considering legal action or just cancelling my direct debit and seeing what happens
Chris

Shaz

Shaz

I would advise anyone who is approached by Talk Talk salespeople or who may be thinking of changing to Talk Talk DO NOT. They have to be the worst providers in the world.
We signed up for their 18 month contract which happily ends on 20 October. After one argument after another with these human robots today I called them to give 30 days notice as per their contract.

I went through all the hoo hah of cancelling and telling the woman why when she then sprung on me because I was giving 30 days notice I would be unable to keep my current phone number. I asked why and all she would keep saying was it was because I was cancelling my contract.

I'm afraid I lost my temper with her as she just kept repeating herself telling me if I wanted to keep my number it would cost me £21.50. It's not the money it's the principal and I told her to keep my number I just wanted out.

Ive had nothing but problems with Talk Talk you rarely get to speak to a person who can speak clearly and no I'm not racist, but I struggle to understand a lot of foreign accents.

So take my advise steer clear of Talk Talk.
Shaz
21st Sep 16 01:09

livid

livid

Talk talk are the worst telephone/broadband providers ever! I would urge all people who are contemplating using this company for services to avoid them like the plague...my personal experience has been appaling since joining in June 2016...the bills have all been in correct & even when you make a manual payment there is a charge of £10.00 added as they insist you are late in paying...the service gets suspended. I set up a DD received a confirmation letter stating the date this payment would be taken from my bank account. My services have been suspended again as according to Talk Talk the DD wasn't set up in time I argued with the customer advisor and kept repeating I had received the confirmation letter and the payment would be taken on the stated date!
It is not my problem if the company are not able to do their job....anyone would be better off to have their service provided with either: BT, Sky, EE..
livid

Phil

Phil

Why is impossible for a TalkTalk operative who writes me a letter to be available to discuss it either by telephone or email?

TALKTALK IS A COMMUNCIATIONS COMPANY - LEARN TO COMMUNICATE BEFORE TAKING THE HARD EARNED CASH OF YOUR CUSTOMERS
Phil

T.T

T.T

I went to talk talk for broadband and phone line.
OMG what a nightmare, my broadband never worked for more than an hour, I called talk talk, they said there was a fault on my line, I told them I was using my land line phone to call them. Derrrrrr!!! . After hanging up I tried calling my doctors and low and behold my landline wasn't working. I called from my mobile and got someone I couldn't understand again, I asked for a manager, got put on hold for ages finally got put on to someone called Derek who I could hardly understand. He said sorry fault on my line would be fixed within 24 hours. (Yeah right).
I called sky from my mobile, they checked my line and found no fault, so I cancelled talk talk and went with sky.

That was in July, today they approached my bank for 39.00 for August bill. So been on phone again for nearly hour trying to sort that out.

My advice would be. "If u want to talk talk to anyone then don't go to talk talk cause they talk talk rubbish"

Carrier pigeon would be a better service.
T.T

Winney

Winney

Hi i agree had had years of problems with talktalk when I move house 8 months ago I told talktalk I was moveing house but I had to enter another 12 month contract but same equipment now last 7 months have been he'll with me haveing to turn router of and on several times a day to get it to work I've complained probley 20 to 30 times but still not working correctly I just want to leave but they say I can't one minute because still in 12 month contract , then I can if I give the old youview box back, then I can't iam tearing my hair out and I though sky was bad there is alot more things to say but not enough words to express how bad they are.
Winney

markk

markk

I contacted TalkTalk (TT) as a new potential customer via their main number.
A man - whose I found hard to understand, with a noisy call centre background not helping - called me back (from number 0800 955 5544) and for 20 minutes took details in order to set up a new account: he agreed when the changeover to TT would occur. I called back TT 2 days later - but they had no record of my account details! And yet: the call centre ‘man’ had taken my bank details: obviously took my phone number as I am now getting 2-3 calls every day from the 0800 number (they ask for a different person when I answer it and then hang up). I spoke to the supervisor when I called back about this unsatisfactory situation the first time, I emailed - got a reply back from TT asking for the same information I gave to them in the email - and, despite 3 emails to them since, have heard nothing!!
It concerns me that someone somewhere has taken my bank details.......
Appalling service.
markk

R.E. Bickers Mr. Angry Btn.

R.E. Bickers Mr. Angry Btn.

Coerced into taking up the T V option in addition, to Internet and Landline,! did not want or need T,V. but promised that the Monthly direct debits would go down by approx. £10 (sterling) per month, surprise surprise, after being assured with the usual clap trap, NO absolutely NO, hidden charges because the installation was already working.?? ... Before the new Modem was even unwrapped the first bill came in PLUS approx.£ 10 (sterling) .... As above went mataphorically half way round the world AND back,?? then the Usual B*******, about NOT porting the long standing number, then got the obligatory Pay £200 (sterling) cancellation fee, OR ELSE. Problem solved switched to Sky and asked T.T. if they were prepared or even able to produce the transcript of the call, in Court, asked for a statement IN WRITING via snail mail, all that was received was Blue Plastic bag for the return of their unused Modem.
WORK IN PROGRESS, watch this space.???????
R.E. Bickers Mr. Angry Btn.

Alarmed

Alarmed

I too have just left Talktalk, I spent two years paying for something I never got. My fault really as each time I rang to sort things out, useless, pillar to post for an hour until eventually they wore my patience away. Pushing 70 with hearing to match the Asian high speed banter from a script is impossible to grasp, I could have a bought anything from broadband to a nuclear sub, they are so confusing.
Alarmed

M K

M K

Just asked talk talk for some recompense after lack of usuability. Only able to connect for 5 minutes maximum over last 5 days. No phone or broadband on 15 August, intermittent up to 31st August. Talk talk said they will fix problem and can't give any rebate due to us having some sort of access. My answer, move to BT and give someone else your business. I didn't chose talk talk they bought Tesco broadband who I was with. Now out of contract so they can stick their Indian call centre. No recompense has cost them a customer. Would never recommend or ever use them again.
M K

Frustrated

Frustrated

Internet suddenly went down 3 weeks ago.
Phoned TalkTalk they said it will be fixed in one hour.
They said the fault is with BT.
BT Checked my line. BT said the fault is with TALKTALK.
TT call and say there is a problem.
Next day Ditto but leave it for two days.
Two days later, 'we will send you a new router'
Router arrived. Again no internet evident.
Hour with 'technician' trying various passwords. I say they are wasting my time because A password is useless if there is no internet.
BT checked line again.
Eight more days of texts and calls where they say the service is fixed. I send 'NOT FIXED'?
More days of this.......
Technician says is your phone line ok? By this time I get angry again and say, 'well you can hear me and you are in New Delhi!'
Yesterday they phoned and said there is a problem with 'MIGRATION'....and they cannot do anything until the 8th SEPTEMBER!
On this date I will be reconnected and my son, the account holder, will be compensated.
Angry and frustrated.
Frustrated

Joanna

Joanna

I had to go with BT, even though it costs me more as a disabled person as I didn't even have a working phone line, internet or tv with TalkTalk and they want to charge me for leaving their service.
Joanna

Sue

Sue

I ordered talktalk on July 5th, and to date have no working landline, no TV box, which incidentally I have to install myself when it arrives, difficult as there is no aerial to the TV without paying an engineer to come and run one down from the loft! None of the above was explained to me when I ordered the package. I have tried to cancel, but am told that they will disconnect my non-existent phone line and I must then pay someone to come and re-instate my cable TV and broadband. What a complete and utter bunch of clowns they are. I wish I had never heard of them or their ridiculous company. I wonder if trading standards might be interested.
Sue

Itty

Itty

I have had the same problem, no phone, no internet and the same texts, the same conversation over and over again an nothing done. Instead of transferring my land line calls to my mobile phone which they said they would do, they gave me a temporary line or so they said then they said it was a crossed line on which I am receiving international calls from people speaking in a foreign language whom I do not know. It is extremely annoying to say the least. I have repeatedly asked them to remove this number from my line which they appear to be incapable of doing.

I have cancelled my direct debit as they have taken payment for a service that has not been provided. I am in the process of emailing the Chief Executive to see if she is capable of dealing with the matter, won't be holding my breath.

I too am seriously contemplating going back to BT.

What a shambles.