Talk Talk and their very poor customer service

Here's yet another Talk Talk gripe for you.  I don't think for a minute that we are the only ones who are seriously disappointed with their poor customer service.

After five months of phone calls and e-mails, I have still not had a sensible and productive conversation with anyone at Talk Talk.  I managed to get through to someone in Delhi today and I was then transferred a total of five times over the next hour.  Eventually I was transferred back to the customer service person I spoke to in the first place.  I wanted to do was cancel our line rental!  Is it so difficult?

I never thought I would say this but we are seriously considering going back to BT and I thought their customer service was woeful.  People complain about them all the time, but until you've tried a worse internet provider then you really don't now just how bad it can get.  And believe me - you can be quite literally tearing your hair out with frustration!  Now BT are not anywhere near as bad as Talk Talk in my opinion,  so with this in mind I have just sent Talk Talk a letter of complaint and the text below is an extract of what I said to them:

For those who wish to complain to Talk Talk they have a dedicated contact page. Don't forget to leave a message on here and let us know how you get on!

Talk talk, poor customer service. "I decided to leave BT because there customer service was terrible and I was promised that Talk Talk would be better, a lot better.  But you are worse, if fact I think the worse company I have ever the misfortune to deal with!  On our first bill there was statement Here at Talk Talk were truly committed to providing you with the highest level of service; I notice on our latest bill that this statement has disappeared very strange that!"

...come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven

Well I don't really expect to get a response to that letter, but who cares come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven since I have had such a terrible experience with Talk Talk!

By: Come back BT

jack

I joined Talktalk 5 months ago. I have had reason to call them 7 times. The internet doesn't work properly, keeps dropping and the phone line crackles so much it is almost impossible to hear the connected caller.
I get cheesy and shallow apologies left, right and centre. I sometimes find it hard to understand the person I'm speaking to, who I believe is in the sub continent somewhere. I've been hung up on, lied to, and refused disconnection because of the 1 year contract I am tied in to. I have saved every conversation I have had on the chat line but what do you do with them? I'm constantly told I'll be called back and it doesn't happen. I live in London and not in the sticks, by the way, so no excuse for the lack of lines etc. I am now desperate - any ideas?

linda

I have just had a terrible experience with talk talk we rang talk talk back in January got promised fantastic deals were going to go ahead and I found out I had a large tumor going right from the left side of my chest I had to have chemotherapy so had to cancel then a few weeks later my husband tried again and a week later he had heart failure so we had to cancelled again we then decided not to bother we were told again that if you cancel there will be no charge then a few weeks ago we got a bill for 130 pounds I got on the phone and explained that we had had to cancelled and we're told it was a mistake that we owed nothing then we got a letter from a collection company and it all started again automated downright rude messages I found a sight that would record your calls but an 0903 number please never ring this number because they kept cutting us off and we kept ringing back in anger to cut it short it cost us 50 pounds to get a bunch of .... and we're still told we owed the money so I told them over my dead body and left it then my son arrived he rang them up and the man told him he was in India my son hung up if I get another letter saying I owe any money I will be going to a solicitor and after that the police it must be against the law to demand money without due cause and I am going to block there numbers on my phone I have never come up against anyone like them and cancer or no cancer they won't win I am a polite person normally but they have drove myself and my husband mad please if your thinking of joining with them don't even pick the phone up I think it's about time after all this time I have read all the nightmarish reviews about them and wish I had read them before that they were thorough investigated by the police these people are criminals and should be punished

Charlie

I have been chasing talk talk since 2006 , for the refund of £66.00p they promised me. I was not best pleased when Virgin who l was with recently swopped me onto talkback without telling me. Then l noticed £135.00p was taken put of my bank account last month. Furious l set out trying to contact someone to complain to. It has taken a couple of weeks , but today someon from the Chief Executive's Office rang me. I was shocked to hear l had been charged for an engineer coming out , who in fact never came to my property. I really cannot see me staying with talk talk , but there again what are the alternatives? The Internet connection has been rubbish the whole sixteen years l have had it, and changing to BT or AOL is much the same.
22nd Apr 16 10:04

St.Clair

17 years with Tesco.net for my broadband, never a single problem. Tesco sold off their Broadband service to TalkTalk. Since then, nothing but problems and arguments on the phone and their useless on line chat system.
They changed my direct debit date, they cancelled a further direct debit, and then charge me late payment fees. I am on the phone (on hold) as I write this for the sixth time in the last two weeks.
They are going to lose a customer today.

Total total incompetance.

zara

talk talk are impossible.l tried to complain today but got a lecture on why l had to pay a bill even though l had no service. l had tried to set up direct debit for mobile on line,not possible.They cut me off,tried to resolve things no success just a lecture. l have spent hours in the past being passed from one advisor to another.Their customer relations are at times threatening and arrogant. l hung up today during the latest lecture,when fit to get sorted prob will go back to BT.

Pete

It is difficult to overstate quite how awful trying to move telephone line and ISP provision from AOL to BT has been. I rang AOL twice the 2nd time being 29 February, when I told them I was transferring to BT. It was a long call in which someone following a script wanted to know why to persuade me to not to. Subsequently and after a long delay BT told me I must myself telephone AOL again and get a “cease date” before they can take over. Accordingly I phoned AOL again (8/4/16). Once again a man with very poor English went through the same long script used on my last call. I told him I had already been through this, and with apologies simply wanted a stop date.
At this, he claimed that I must give 30 days notice. I said I had already given notice twice before, the last time being 29 February some 38 days ago. He claimed I must, but was unable to say why. I insisted on speaking to a manager in England. He said there is no such thing for AOL, and I eventually spoke to someone else. He implied that the first man I spoken to had not understood what I was saying, and that I did not in fact need to give 30 days notice.

Hatetalktalk

This could almost be off my script. I too did exactly the same thing and migrated to talktalk from BT. My experience very much mirrors this posting. Talktalk are undoubtedly the worst,most dysfunctional organisation (I am loathe to use this word as nothing is organised)......it is absolutely shambolic,nothing is integrated,lies are rampant,impossible to actually speak to anyone other than low level call centre staff.
The worst outfit that I have ever dealt with by a considerable margin.

Anon

I just had to contact Talk talk again after noticing an email about my monthly mobile bill...i cancelled the contract back in November last year..or so i thought! I never received a final bill for the cancellation and obviously it hadn't been cancelled their end as they were still trying to get monthly payments. Thankfully i cancelled my direct debits to them too.I eventually got through to the manager after losing patience with the first operative i spoke with and i have had to pay late payment fees on top of the cancellation fee , but how can you pay a bill you never received?! This coming after i cancelled a t.v box and internet connection with them at my last property when i moved and was told i wouldn't be charged a disconnection fee, only to later find out i was being charged and threatened with debt collectors because i hadn't paid. I would NEVER ever recommend this company to anyone, in fact, go out of my way to warn people i know NOT to go with them. Their practice and frankly underhand way of dealing with customers is unprofessional at best..downright disgusting at worst!

Supe

Few word to describe Talk Talk;
Incompetent
Unprofessional

The mistakes within the customer service including at the managerial level is beyond understanding. You can submit your complaint, talk to managers but still they don't know what professionalism mean. I have never experienced such a thing!!!!

andyw

I couldn't agree more that talktalk's customer service is non existent, my daughter has had problems with them since end of January and still not sorted, whenever we say we want to exercise our rights to cancel the agreement with no penalty as over 28 days have gone by all they say is 'according to us the fault is fixed, but I will send you an email to try some new settings' doesn't sound fixed to me.
They are not honourable at all, worst customer service I have ever come across. All of the above was being handled by the CEO's complaints office and even they are not interested in helping customers.

Grumpygit

Totally agree with you! Left Sky because of their 'gotcha, what you gonna do?' bad attitude. Big mistake! Talk Talk Left me with no phone line or tv, 3 contracts, 2 engineer visits, and 6 weeks later finally on line. Upgraded to fibre but 'Customer service' forgot to mention that reset my contract for another 18 months of diabolical Broadband (actually had better dialup speed years ago). More engineer visits. The youview box was replaced within first 6 months, next one no better but 'customer service' so bad couldn't face another round of explaining why I was so annoyed! Avoid these cowboys, the 'savings' are not enough for the rubbish service.

silverblack

While I can't say that the service is bad in terms on their online help, the broadband product is absolutely terrible in that it is only compatible with extremely old router technology.

The encapsulation method they use is out of date. It cannot pass even 2 MBs of traffic. Its dead even before it starts.!!!
23rd Mar 16 08:03

Reza

Three words to describe Talk Talk:
A: Incompetent
B: Unprofessional
C: Confused
23rd Mar 16 01:03

Johnr

After having talktalk installed last week I have received my first bill
My services have not worked at all since installation
Phoned everyday and have been told by rasdan, roshman, Delhi, and a few other customer service that my issue is being worked on I asked for a date my services would be started and was told between 48-72 hours everyday I phoned over the week,the fault is now being worked on by the fault manager lol I asked them if they knew what the fault was They said yes the fault is being worked on by the fault manager I asked to give me a date the services will be fixed I got the same 48-72 crap again
My email address is
Johnro072k@msn.com
If anyone can give me any info on how to get this sorted please let me know

Cheers

Diane Lennox

I Carnt beleave I found out today of my bank that talk talk have set up a direct debit with out my permission and tryed to take money out my bank after I cancelled my direct debit in December I would never recommend talk talk to anyone as when u ring up to sort things out with them they Carnt answer any of your question and they put the phone down on you so you Carnt get any further forward with them they are one of the worst company's iv ever had any think to do with and they also tell your that your on the best and fastest internet and it's a load of rubbish