Problems with PayPal refund not showing up

My gripe is with PayPal.  I mistakenly duplicated an order online and the seller kindly organised a refund on one of the orders through PayPal straightaway.  Two payments to PayPal left my bank account within 24 hours of the orders being placed but the refund which has been debited from the seller's account has still not arrived back in my account 10 days later.

I have called PayPal at least three times...

I have called PayPal at least three times about this, being put on hold for calls that have lasted up to 40 minutes at a time with telephonists who do not speak or understand fluent English.

I have repeatedly been told that the refund has been completed and when I have repeatedly informed them that it is not showing in my account, they have finally blamed it on my bank!

Post a message on our discussion forum if you've had similar problems with PayPal

Bank card When I challenged this, they back-tracked and told me that I must wait 30 days before they will look into the matter further!  Furthermore, I have emailed them numerous times regarding this and have not received a single reply to any of my emails.

Trying to email them from their website is not only very awkward but also does not even guarantee a response!  As a result of this experience I would strongly recommend all other unsuspecting Souls consider using cheque, bank transfers or even cash as a means of payment.

By: Annoyed

Customer

I have made lots of payments via PayPal. Once last December the seller withdrew the goods on eBay so that he refunded me my 100GBP. I see this being refunded on my account, but in real terms there is no money. The account statement is zero. Nothing has arrived on my bank account neither. This was over a year ago. Several e-mails sent to PayPal, no response. Is PayPal a scam?

boblet

Paypal & ebay are companies who employ computer nerds. They cannot or will not address real buyer or seller problems. The nerds sit in darkened rooms far from the real world to work on computer programmes, designed to evade any questions that might require some knowledge of proper business practises. Thus crooks & con-men flourish with impunity.
31st May 13 11:05

paypalvictim.

paypal is sucks... i bought an item in ebay and uses paypal to pay this item. after payment the seller decided not to sell this item,so the sekker refund all my money worth £371.95. its been 1 month now and this refund still pending in my account. i kept on calling paypal, sending emails but always telling need to be payment..they are crapped!! waiting for 4weeks and there telling need to patient. anybody help me where to make a complaints against paypal...they are using customer money, they are worst ever.
31st May 13 09:05

Colin

Seems to be standard practice with Paypal. They claim "technical issues" are causing delays in processing my refund, which is still shown as pending a week after the usual 5-7 working days. The seller confirms the money went immediately from his account. There is absolutely no valid reason for the 5-7 days, never mind the "up to 30 days" condition. It is straightforward improving their cashflow at our expense.

Andy

I payed via PayPal, the money went out of my account faster than a speeding bullet. The goods were faulty and the seller kindly agreed to refund my money. I can see a 'pending' refund in my Paypal account. Its been 'pending' for 10 days now and still no sign of my money being refunded. I'm starting to feel that PayPal should be shut down and a competitor should take over their business and run it better. I'll be happy to give glowing accounts of PayPal when I get my money back.

Tranquilday

I was caught on ebay by a fake ID and fake DVD, £38.40 taken out of my bank account, even though I cancelled the transaction. I also had £51.95 taken out by an e-bay seller, flogging counterfeit items, ebay took the item off the site and I am still waiting for both refunds to go back into my bank account. I cancelled the £38.40 on the 25th Nov but pay pal still took it out of my bank account on the 28th Nov, I have transaction numbers for both refunds. I know its only been 5 days but its £90 and we are 3 weeks away from christmas and I need every penny I can get at the moment. Why does it take pay-pal so long to issue a refund!

GEOFFREY

I just been caught up in PAYPAL NOT REFUNDING. They say the money has been paid to your bank account but has not,THERE statement said the money had been transfered but it disappeared into the ether! . Another SMALL amount £7.55 that a seller had refunded went into my PAYPAL account and i transferred it to my account within minutes ,so what is going on? Has PAYPAL turned into a scam? Scams nearly always starts with them telling you that your bank is at fault and to phone your bank back ... PAYPAL GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER BEFORE YOUR ON ROGUE TRADERS!!!!!

bigsoul

same here man. Where is my refund?????? Contacting paypal by email is not working. This is really sucking up my blood.

Boblet

I agree AJ I have been talking to them all day finally it was resolved it was like talking to a brick wall.

Angry Johnny

Both PayPal and Ebay SUCK, and we're deferring more and more of our economic lives to these incompetent retards. Not good.

whit

I am currenty experiencing the same thing! I accidently payed for the item on ebay twice and the seller sent a refund immediatley, in my paypal account I can see the refund but its currently on temporary hold what does this mean and how long will it take too get my money back ?

whit