Neighbour parking in front of my house

We have a neighbour who doesn't work having recently become a mum and not a day goes by without them having visitors.  The trouble is they often park at the bottom of our front lawn right outside the house.  They park fully on the pavement mind you, which is illegal, and they basically treat the front of our house as if it was their car park!  This wouldn't be quite so bad if it were not for that fact that they have a drive which easily takes two cars and often gets left empty whilst someone is parked outside our house.  The pavement itself is very wide as it's on a corner, which means you can fully park on the pavement (which, as I say, is illegal) and it ends up looking like some sort of 'adhoc' car park.

Our neighbour's house is the end of the street, which means there's no one on the other side, there's just a side road which means there's really no excuse for their thoughtless parking.  I've asked them countless times not to allow their visitors to park outside our house and the response was "What's the problem?!!".  Well I think the problem is that some people are incredibly selfish and inconsiderate!

A house number The Weekly Gripe says: I can fully appreciate where you are coming from with this gripe.  We used to rent a house in a place called Caversfield and experienced similar parking issues with my neighbour.  She introduced herself to us shortly after she bought the house next door by complaining to us that according to her deeds our parking space was actually hers and ours was the next one down.  This was actually quite amusing because the parking space was directly outside our house.  What did she expect us to do, ask everyone in the street to move down one space to keep her happy?

This was then followed up by months of inconvenience due to her visitors parking in our space.  I've lost count of the number times we had to knock on the door and ask them to move so we could park up.  More often than not it was her mother that was visiting... (mumbles something about like mother, like daughter).  This was particularly irritating after arriving home late at night with a small child and a boot full of luggage to ferry into the house.  But the most annoying thing about all this was there was actually an overflow car park nearby that was set aside for the use of visitors.

Totally fed up

It's bad enough having neighbours parking their cars on the pavement outside my house, I've now had a Alpha heating van Registration YG08XCU parked on the pavement for 3 days and nights and has never been moved. The driver lives 2 doors away and or course does not park outside his own house. I am nervous about broaching the subject with the family as from experience it can turn very nasty. Surely companies should be obligated to check that employees have a proper parking arrangement before they let them bring vehicles home or is it just a way for companies to save money and who cares about anyone else! I am a driver myself and it would have to be a real emergency before I even thought of parking on a pavement let alone outside someone else's house. Is there a campaign going about these ignorant idiots?

Sick of Stupid

"Collar" You are a prize dick. Grow up, Stop taking the substances, and maybe you'll start posting something sensible?
There's nothing here to see.....move along please.

Nick

suegee
Businesses should not have been allowed to be based in residential areas. They should all fook off to an industrial park or somewhere.

collar

I see a lot of lawn pavings, in person well let me tell you lots of people in housing estetes are innocent, they have been fitted up by the police ,they look how many people come out and actually use their front gardens. the public are the ones filling up their gardens with strange plants, and then make allegations and charges that they use to have troubles made for innocents!

Witty

My Neighbour decided to pave over their front lawn – supposedly to allow off road parking. Within 2 week of finishing they purchased a large motor home and began parking it in front of their house.

However from my living room all we could see was the motorhome.

I contacted the council who did nothing, so I got a solicitor to write to them telling them they were breaching local bylaws and to return the garden to grass. The motor home was gone the next day and within 2 week it has been grassed over again.

Try it with vans parked in front of your house it might work.

susie

i bought 2 dummy cctv cameras, because the woman across the road is so nosey she must have nosyitis, she, is 60 put her armchair against the window, to look in our houses so i got vertical blinds, when i went to the bathroom i turned the light off and went to my bedroom and the woman got up to look up at the bedroom, this is the reason, she does not want 1 of 3 big white vans outside her window even though, they are their own vans, it would block her view, it blocks my view and my neighbours, 1 van is idle, and 2 are being used, 1 gets parked, outside our houses, the other 1, outside an anchor org, nursing home, as been there for 5 weeks plus they have a land rover also this is 35 ribble avenue. darwen, Lancashire.(rainbow drains) paramedics, fire brigade, and medical/nursing staff complain all the time, work men at anchor org. do have vans, but cannot help, parking

suegee

Rainbow Drains, small family business, 3 large white vans, 35 Ribble Avenue, Darwen, Lancs, where their business is based, they park these vans,1 outside of me and my neighbours, house, 1 outside a care home, the other outside of their neighbours,(an arrangement may be in place) the wife said, to her husband your not parking it outside of our house as it blocks my view, as she's a very nosy women, the vans are double parked, they been told by most of the neighbours, the street is full of traffic as it is. I am not complaining about cars, as they cannot park because of these vans. They have a long drive, and a garage, and also a land rover. I understand the care home have medical staff but cannot park. My son, had to park at the bottom of the street, and my next door neighbours family cannot park either it makes me so mad.

jeff

I have a terraced town house which has a drive just a little to short to park 2 cars on.The tarmac drive has no boundary divider between my neighbour and i,he has had a car parked on the drive rotting away now for around 7yrs.He also has 2 other vehicles at his disposal which he and his wife use.i've approached him for a friend who wanted to buy the engine,but he said that there's nothing wrong with the car.When i went to work the other morning at 0430 his overnight guest had parked on my drive and boxed me in.After knocking his door i finally left for work 10 minutes later than expected.Can i get the vehicle moved by dvla,or local council,how do i check if the vehicle is on sorn.It is also causing problems with another neighbour on the other side of him in a seperate block of townhouses. Open to any suggestions to this problem as i am due to collect my 2nd vehicle for my partner,and i know that this will probably cause problems but it is a small car which will fit snugly mind, behind my car on my drive.thanks for reading yours jeff.

niknaknok

my neighbour is an idiot, if we park out side our own house he parks bumper to bumper with our car, but if some one else parks out side our house he parks lower down so that we cant park our car in front of his car (because it would over hang on to some ones else drive) ,he tries to block us in all the time! i think its s-xual frustration on his part because im better looking younger and slimmer than his wife :) ,my cars better than his and my kids are better looking too ha ha this at the moment is the only legal thing he can do to us to annoy us (which it doesnt really, we laugh at what an idiot he is esp when my other neighbors notice what an idiot he is too.

Lucy Locket

We live in a narrow single width lane and we park in our drive. Unfortunately the people opposite have a smaller drive, have not put extra parking in and now wish to park outside their house partly on their property and partly the highway. Plus their friends as well. We have disputed this with them as it makes it difficult to reverse out of our drive. I have resisted taking them to court as they have a young family but we need to do something. Firstly the woman said I could knock her door and she would move the car and then we could be nice neighbours. I don't want anything to do with her and certainly on days when the weather is foul to be going over to her door to ask if I may get out. Do you think I could charge her say £1 a minute if I did knock the door and then waited for my access to be cleared.? If this works then maybe it would be the way forward for others too who have these problems without resorting to Barristers. Small claim courts. This way I could deter her from blocking me without destroying their family home with the courts.

Dr Wentworth

What these sarcastic deadbeats such as 'Get Lost' write is of no consequence, as they are probably the same sort of feelingless morans that insist on their own rights but rarely acknowledge other people's feelings. In effect most sociapaths, such as the one above, go through life without ever being aware of others and their observations always tend to be anal or aggresive. I am truly amazed by how many of these types trawl the internet looking for ways of being unpleasant and never contribute anything which is remotely constructive. The fact is, common curtesy costs nothing, and although there may be no legislation to stop anyone from parking outside someone's house, or perhaps occasionally on the curb, if that person has a drive they should use it. People who deliberately, or lazily, park in the street when there are clear alternatives should take their head out of their backside and become aware that cluttering up a street creates obstacles that put children and other pedestrians at risk from oncoming traffic. I have also seen one instance where an ambulance was unable to park outside a house, where multi street parking had occured, and the occupant was suffering a heart attack.........as a result of the delay that person died. Now what stupid remarks can Mr Get Lost make about this?.....I shudder to think what may be going through the mind of such a creature.

Jethro

call me sir, At first I thought you were being serious, but now see what you have written is sarcasam. Unfortunately, your comments will fall on deaf ears because the snobs of this country (council tenants to millionaires) haven't the intelligence to understand that they are fooling nobody but themselves.

Call me Sir.

Get Lost, How dare you suggest the public road outside my house is for my neighbours to park their inferior car. Iam more important than them, my position at work is better than them and they should show much more respect to my wife and I. In fact I try to earn more than anybody else in the street by grabbing as much overtime as possible. If anybody tries to better me with a new car or whatever, I will do anything to show just who's number one...Iam special don't you know................(Sounds like a familiar UK story).

Get Lost

If I got upset every time a neighbour parks outside my house a would probably be dead by now. The road is for everyone who pays their way. G E T A L I F E

Rob / Julie

I live at Thurlestone Walk in Leigham, there is enough parking for twelve cars for all our houses which many of them have two cars! Some people are so selfish and don't consider others when parking!! If we were to have twelve bays marked in it would cause less agro between neighbours! Please Plymouth City Council can we have bays?

miserablemoaninggit

You've missed the point jobby. Is this a wind-up?

Gangster

If she's willing to move it why not leave it moved and keep the peace

miserablemoaninggit

jobby, your daughter is out of order and she should park her car on the road at night. It doesn't matter if they seldom go out. I assume that when they do, they have to come and seek out your daughter and ask her to move her car? I really don't blame them for complaining.

You are raising your daughter to be inconsiderate, it seems to me.

YesToAReferendum

He has 8 cars, one for each of his buttocks.
Anyway, considerate people have manners. Ignorant primates have none. Take next door, the guy's a weasel. He parks his car outside where I live leaving his own space free so that his sister can park in their spot later on in the day. They then go out leaving one of the cars outside the house where I live. I think she gets off on the trouble aspect. Everytime I see him he runs in. I'm not knocking on his door because I'd end up hitting him and I'd end up with a criminal record

londonR

We have 8 cars to one 3 bedroom house and completely monopolise the parking but its not illegal and is our right as much as any neighbour. So in short get over it and if it bothers you all that much Move. Cant believe this rubbish qualify s as a big enough problem to post in a forum. how pathetic lol

overnout

Get a life! Sounds to me like you dont have much going on in your life if you let something like that bother you. Is it blocking you in? No! So whats the problem? There are people in this world who are really suffering and all you can do is moan about a legally taxed and MOT car parked not to your liking! Get a grip and move on!

ash

I have neighbour on either side of my property, they are both tenants, between them they have 3 van's, they park one van on their drive, another van in front of my house (its single yellow line there) and the third van is parked on the other side in front of their property.The view I get from my front rooms is van, van, van on all 3 sides. They are all eastern europeans, I have tried to discuss this with them and requested not to park in front of my property but no success. What do I do?
1st Nov 11 12:11

Stalag 14

If I were you I would simply block them in with an obstacle or car etc.
This will of course make them very angry so be prepared.

If they are parked on your drive isn't this trespass?
Maybe a anti-trespass sign would have more effect than one simply saying "Private Drive"
23rd Oct 11 10:10

Mr Angry

I am fortunate enough to have a farm with a large drive, however this does take maintenance as it is gravel and twice a year i have to re-type1 it and level and whack. on a daily basis i have people use it as a lay by, people stop for lunch, stop to use the phone and even people who live opposits visitors park on it. I have put up a sign which states private drive, no parking no tuning as i am the one who has to maintain it yet it makes no difference. THE QUESTION IS ARE PEOPLES INSURANCE VALID ON MY DRIVE OR CAN I JUST RAM THEM BACK ONTO THE ROAD? I would not consider it ethical to park on a strangers drive so why should i have to pay for people to use mine??
23rd Oct 11 04:10

RubberDuck

I have a new neighbour who persistently parks outside his house blocking both parking bays by parking in the middle of both, he more recently has allowed a friend to 'abandon' their car there whilst away presumeably on holiday, it has just sat for 3 week now!!! All so he can use his unpermitted drive as he has not yet applied for drop kerb. Are there any laws that prevent such selfishness persistently.

Weston Babe

Ann, if it's a public highway, nobody has any right to park on it unless there's parking bays marked out. Most sensible parking is tolerated, but the police can book anyone they consider to be causing an obstruction. So, it doesn't matter whose house it's outside, you daughter has as much right to park there as your neighbours have - it's not their road.

Nickr1980

I live on a council estate in Birchwood in Lincoln. Slap bang outside my flat is a grass verge. There are parking spaces everywhere around this grass verge. I think people are scared of using these spaces as I see one of my neighbours sometimes drive ROUND the grass verge in his 4x4 (and looking like they are going to park in a parking space), he instead drives ON the pavement, onto the grass verge and parks at an angle towards the road. VERY strange behaviour indeed. Or... These "freaky parkers" as I call them, decide to park on this grass verge head-on so their high-beam light shines directly into my kitchen and blinds me when I am washing the dishes! Why do people avoid parking spaces at all costs? They make it harder for themselves by just being lazy, surely? I must make a sign that says PARKING HERE!!!!! In big neon lights and paint lines on the tarmac to entice "normal" behaviour.
21st Oct 10 08:10

Digsy

Patience 2010, reading through your comment, I find it quite amazing that none of you have simply sprayed or scratched the car! that always solves these problems, you really are too patient!
3rd Oct 10 08:10

Patience 2010

We have one neighbour who is just being totally inconsiderate to all the residents. 2 years people have been polite, but now everyone is getting irritated with the way they park, and where they park. Sometimes they park outside other peoples houses, not allowing enough room to back out of their drives. Sometimes they park their cars as though they have been abandoned, and other times they park on the grass verge. It is getting ridiculous but I can see both sides. The problem being, if they are challenged it will just start a whole load of abuse. Not something anyone wants. The council don't want to do anything about it either. So what do you do? Everyone else gets on well, it is just particular household. One of them is a private driving instructor, so you would think he understands the needs to be courteous, but he is the worst of them all. The arrogance of the individuals is testing everyones patience. What can we do legally next? There are areas where they can park alongside other peoples houses, which is not the problem. It is the manner in which they park and how they obstruct other householders.
3rd Oct 10 06:10

ann

I live in a through road with 2 spaces on my drive which my husband and myself use.Since my daughter has passed her test she goes in the space outside our house.The house on our right has two drives and two cars.They have a real issue when we have visitors who park in the road along side their house even though it is only along their fence and there is plenty of room.They have been abusive to our visiting daughter.They have a side gate and have said they want access to their backway and she is stopping them off loading their shopping.They also have another gate next to their drive which they could use.Does anyone know if they have a right to stop her parking there legally as the situation is getting worse.

meesh

PS; The downstairs neighbours do not have a vehicle, we do, and we both have visitors that are currently having to park elsewhere (halfway down a busy main road in a min-shopping complex!).
3rd Aug 10 04:08

meesh

I live in a privately-rented house converted into 2 flats, which has a double driveway at the end of the garden - a parking space for each flat. My next-door neighbour owns her house, also has a double driveway with a garage directly on the property, another garage wihthin the car park (it is a rear cul-de-sac if you understand) and another 2/3 garages within the local area. These garages house steam engine bits and pieces (her son is an enthusiast and still lives at home), but they have 3 cars to park. They have previously, without permission, parked on our driveway, as have their guests - even if there has been space available on their own driveway.
Recently they asked permission to park one of their vehicles on our drive whilst said drive has work completed on it. We agreed, on the proviso that when the work is completed, the car is moved - also agreed by the owners. The work has been completed over 2 weeks ago now, and we have subtly mentioned the car being moved back twice since, to no avail.
Problem is, we think our next-door neighbour has spoken with our downstairs neighbour to ask their permission for the vehicle to remain on our driveway!!!
Anyone have any thoughts on how I sort this out without resorting to criminal damage/neighbour dispute? My only thought at this time is to ask the downstairs neighbour if they have actually had such a conversation, but these neighbours keep very much to themselves...
3rd Aug 10 04:08

windy miller

At the end of the day you don't own the road outside your house so anyone has the right to park there. However it is just inconsiderate of people who do it on a regular basis when they have somewhere else to park.

Parkinyourownbloodyspace

I am currently experiencing something similar and I can now understand why some people end up in jail over this stuff. I just don't understand the inconsideration of it. WHY???
22nd Apr 10 01:04

miserablemoaninggit

sarah44, stop being so 'wet' and damage his car proper, and then look the lazy police in the eye and deny that you had anything to do it. The police always go on about needing evidence - I lived next door to neighbours from hell and the lazy git police did nothing because there was no direct evidence -so use that against the miserable old sod and his car. Going out in the dead of night and damaging his car; letting down his tires, scratchign the paintwork; hell, putting a brick through the window; all this is a legitimate thing to do if the ignorant sod refuses to be reasonable.
31st Mar 10 12:03

Lotto

The WEEKLYGRIPE sounds way out of line with his attitude to the parking space at Caversfield. The space was on the woman's deeds and you made it yours? Isn't that hypocritical? And yes you should all have moved down to accommodate her if the space was on her deeds. That means it's hers! Belongs to her, not YOU just because it was more convenient for you to continue the way you had been behaving.

sarah44

We have the same problem. We just have one old man who doesnt even live here but visits his son all the time and as he doesnt want to block his son's drive up or park there he parks right outside our house. We've left him a note and a week ago I had a polite chat (me being the polite one, not him!) I told him that whilst I knew he could park there it was courtesy not to, to which he wasnt very disrespondent - he sat in his car for a hour or so after I'd asked him not to do it to wind me up and then the next morning came back and did the same thing seemingly as an act of rebellion. His son unfortunalty has a drive and a white line paid for on the street (which we will now do, despite the high cost as we have to get the ground excavated to put a drive in) so it would be illegal if we repaid the favour. He seems to be doing it more since I talked to him which is even more annoying as I hate the idea of him laughing at me. This led to my partner putting conditioner on his car!!! Its not criminal damage (if you were to put a sledgehammer to a car you'd be big trouble with the police!) but I've still just had the police round even though no damage was caused and they dont know we did it (and as theres a school right by us it could have easily been a kid). Very unfair as it feels as though he is sat there laughing at us. When we ask nicley he acts up even more and if we try to do something about it he just goes running off to tell on us! Not sure what to do now as he seems like a proper stubborn old man. Seems the only solution is to either be inconsiderate to others or pay thousands we dont have to get a drive dug out. Partner seems to think it'd be a good idea to just keep putting conditioner on the car as the police actually cant do anything if there's no damage but I'm not so sure. Any other solutions?

Ostry

@ Sort out your own parking... I'd start from displaying a warning this is a private property and if they park there again, have their cars removed at their own expense.

ryzo

what I do is take my sledgehammer to their car and if u did that I guarantee they wouldn't do it again

chris

Sort out your own parking... I'd have put their cars on bricks or just parked infront of their cars and refused to move it till I was ready. If that was the polices response to it, I'd have asked THEM to move the cars and have a non friendly word with the owners.

patsobee

I am sick of inconsiderate parking. I have one motability car , parked on road outside my house. next door has 4 cars , all on road, people in corner have 3 plus numerous visitors parking outside. I am always on pins as I arrive home , knowing inconsiderate people will park outside my house. what has happened to courtesy?

miserablemoaninggit

Sort out your own parking, I would have done absolutely everything in my power to get those cars off my drive. One thing I would not have bothered to do is to phone the police. A complete waste of time, in my experience. Sometimes, you need to take the law into your own hands, protect your property and demand respect from these miserable, arrogant little gits who had the gall to park their cars on your property. You need to demand some recompense from the owner of the house 5 doors away and, failing that, engage in some sort of 'compensation scheme', if you know what I mean.

Gainsborough lad.

Sort out your own parking 11th Feb 2010 00:18, next time they park on your drive, get some good quality wire cutters, lay on the floor next to their car (on your drive) and with cutters in your hand, reach your arm underneath their car, and cut the handbrake cable,

The offending car can then be pushed off your driveway, (don't try this at home) but seriously, strip it down and sell it bit by bit on EBAY, or put different number plates on it and when they come back, insist it is your car and point to the plates.

Sort out your own parking!

Having had problems with parking in our street, when our daughter bought a car, and we only had enough space for one car in the driveway, we decided to take away part of our front garden to make enough space for three cars, ours and our daughters and a space for visitors cars. By visitors, I meant visitors to our house. I came home from work last Friday to find three cars in my driveway, none of whom had anything to with our house, and I could not get into my own driveway. I hadn't a clue who owned them, I knocked on neighbours doors, and eventually tracked them down to a house five doors away. They were having some sort of celebration, the drivers were all inebriated and could not drive, so I called the police, who said I should leave them there until the drivers had sobered up. Great, I paid to have a driveway laid to sort out my family parking, and I then have to park two streets away and my daughter had to pay for overnight parking in a multi storey. Next day, they never moved the cars until 8-00pm and did not even have enough decency to say sorry or thanks. As for the police? what is it they are being paid for? I think it is called turning a blind eye.

Jay

I'd hire a skip to be placed in front of their house and put one of those police stinger tyre poppers spikes outside mine while I was away, but then again, I'm just petty!

Gainsborough lad.

I dont have any parking problems at home myself, but I am fed up of driving my car down streets which are rammed full with cars who also have unused driveways or large gardens,

Like I have said before, charge these drivers more who won't make or use a driveway on their own land, the wardens or bailiffs would be self financing, having access to DVLA records to see which addresses certain cars are registered to,

Houses with no accessible land for cars would be exempt, ie, like streets with terraced housing ect, this could be brought in as law in five years, giving plenty of notice,

I remember about ten years ago, a head on crash on a 30mph suburban road where the cars on there couldn't be bothered to use their driveways, one of the drivers suffered a broken leg in the crash, one week later he died as a result of a blood clot from his wounds, getting stuck in his heart, all because someone couldn't be bothered to reverse his car onto his driveway.

Congo

Gainsborough lad - I don't think it would work because the police cannot deal with the volume of work now unless councils agree to a massive increase in wardens to deal with what is essentially a neighbour dispute but as I said it's an ingenious suggestion.

oh boy

Return the compliment, park in front of their house and encourage your visitors to do the same. ;)

caz

When it comes to parking problems, there are too many cars on Britain's roads full stop. Public transport needs to be better.

Gainsborough lad.

Anyone out there could have a quick look at the tax disc on the car parked on the road, and if it doesn't have the upper rate disc on it, they could phone the police, traffic wardens ect,

It would be like the two tier tv licence, colour or black and white, only no need for detector vans, and driving around the streets would be a lot easier as our streets wouldn't resemble car parks.
3rd Feb 10 10:02

LDS

I agree with Fanny-Ann, play em at their own game!
3rd Feb 10 08:02

Carblocked

I have a similar issue except I have a drive way and a dropped kerb with a white "constant" line which I paid £300 for and my upstairs neighbours continually park across it either blocking me in or preventing me from getting in. It really grinds my gears. At times I have pretended to need to go out just to get them to move their car. I wouldn't mind if someone knocked and asked if I was going out but to just assume and block me in winds me up!!!
3rd Feb 10 01:02

Congo

Gainsborough lad

That is an interesting suggestion of yours re tax and parking. How would that be enforced?.
3rd Feb 10 12:02

Zaphod

I totally see where you're coming from, I have parking issues with my neighbour, if only people went by the unwritten laws of parking outside someone elses property.
3rd Feb 10 12:02

chris

I used to have this problem, only it was their son who was in and out of prison all the time. Perfectly good driveway and so did we.

He kept parking across our driveway or on it and when I returned from a 13 hour shift, the last thing I want to do is have to get out my car and go ask them to move it and recieving the "whys it that much of a problem".

I just resulted to parking across his parents drive. Funny that, I parked across their driveway when he blocked mine and he was strait out the house mouthing off and telling me to move my car. "Well, I would love to, I'll park it on my drive if you'd be so kind as to remove your car from my drive and stop blocking it!".
3rd Feb 10 04:02

Wreck O' Mend

This shows how selfish she is as a neighbour by her answer to you.

It appears by her attitude that she thinks she is more important than you because she is used to gaining at others expense.

She would willingly occupy the whole street but if someone else needed more space and she was denied her space then other rules would apply.

This is typical of people who don't have a desire to try and contribute but just take, take, take from society.
2nd Feb 10 11:02

Gainsborough lad.

The government should double the cost of the tax disc to people who have front gardens or drives, but always park on the road,

And halve the cost to those who always use their driveways for parking, that would free up the streets for drivers, and there would also be a small reduction in accidents.
2nd Feb 10 11:02

Minerva

I have a similar problem, as we are the end house in an "L" shaped cul de sac and visitors to our neighbours park outside all the time. I know that I have no right over the road at the front of the house, so I don't get excised about it - but they let their friends park their cars outside our house whilst they go off on holiday for 2 - 3 weeks, which really is inconsiderate!!

Personally, I would have a word with your local council - the pavements and verges are not designed to take the weight of parked cars and they may be endangering the services which could run beneath them - or just causing more repairs for the council as the pavement slowly collapses. If the council do care - the next problem is getting someone round to ticket them!
2nd Feb 10 01:02

fanny-ann

Park on her drive or across it if its the nearest space avaiable and say to her whats your problem
2nd Feb 10 10:02

AOD

This is of course slightly different when it's private land and the roads are on this land.
1st Feb 10 06:02

Freddie

If they are parking on the road then you actually have no rights (although you probably know this). I do understand how frustrating it can be though. My parking space is directly in front of my house and is so obviously belonging to the property that there is no excuse for thinking otherwise. It is also within the deeds of the house as it is in a private carpark. It doesn't stop all and sundry parking there though. I had a former neighbour who's parents were disabled. They even told me that they had priority over the space owing to their blue badge. I had to laugh or I would have gone nuclear!
Incidentally, no vehicle has a right to park on a highway at any time. So if it is the road outside then they can be asked to move on.
1st Feb 10 05:02