Elderly people have feelings and deserve respect

How many of you look at the older person as a pain? Come on they move at a pace that comes close to a snail and when your behind them you are delayed for your own busy lifestyle.

Theyre always making buses late trying to count out their change for their concessionary fare. The queue in the chemist is always out of the door on pension day, just at that time when you are in a major rush and need to pay that bill that has been bothering you for ages!

Old Folks Crossing Now lets try and imagine we are in their shoes.  We work all our lives trying to make the world a nicer place for our children to grow up in.  We were children once who ran about furiously thinking that if we didn't rush we would be out of time.  We all met our true loves and married and helped the population by having our beloved children, experienced the heart break and the pain of losing loved ones and friends.  Our grandchildren look up to us and realise that we are wise and know the answers to everything.

Old people Why not just take some time out of your busy lifestyles to see that we do not grow old gracefully, we lose respect, our looks, our figures. This is something that we are brave enough to accept and understand. We try not to be angry with those who laugh at us and make remarks, but there is only so much we can take.

We are people with feelings and minds too

One day YOU will grow old and understand what I am saying. Until then please just try and understand that we are people with feelings and minds too and treat us with some consideration.

hairyfairy

hairyfairy

I hate nature! she gives us things like health & looks, then has a fun time taking them away!, seriously though, I dread old age more than anything, & I only wish that I could stop the age clock.
hairyfairy

Fed up pedestrian

Fed up pedestrian

An interesting news item from China.

The government has passed a law stating that adult children have to visit their ageing parents often, although they don't define the term "often", or risk being sued by said parents for neglect of their needs.

A combination of economic development leading to people moving to the cities for work, increased longevity and the one child per couple policy has resulted in a degree of breakdown of family ties and the ancient culture of extended families looking after the elderly.

More Chinese people are living longer and, as in the West, more are living alone in old age. With no welfare safety net there will be fewer earners to support the elderly and perhaps even a disinclination to do so if they start to value money more than family and old ideas of duty.
Fed up pedestrian

rebecca

rebecca

this touched me! everyone should respect there elders its bang out if they dont!! this really put a proper soft spot on my heart we will be old one day, so all they nasty people out there leave them alone!!!
rebecca

Mr Ploppy

Mr Ploppy

Who the hell uses 'buses anyway? only the unemployed and mentally ill.
Mr Ploppy

ANON

ANON

YOUR LINK DID NOT WORK AND THERE IS NO E PETITION OF THAT NUMBER
ANON

Brit who loves his ageing parents.

Brit who loves his ageing parents.

Please sign this if you live in the UK or are British..and send to anyone you know who fits that description. The British government has recently made clear that our ageing parents are not welcome..we need 100,000 signups for the govt to debate this in parliament..otherwise Brits will be condemned to living apart from their parents as they get older or leaving their home! Where is the respect for those who have given us life?! Please sign and share with as many people as you can..we are a long way away from where we need to be but let's not let the government get away with this.
Brit who loves his ageing parents.

Holloway

Holloway

I agree with this, but a lot of old people don't have much respect for younger people. Of course, some are just trying to live the rest of their lives peacefully and I treat those old people with respect, but often I don't get that respect back. I'm no asking for a medal for sitting exams or for having crippling self-doubt because of the media, but it would be nice not to get glared at by old people every time I get on a bus. (When I'm wearing respectable clothes, don't have earphones in, and don't cause trouble) I'd like to think one day we just respect everyone regardless of age.
Holloway
2nd Jun 12 11:06

Gracey

Gracey

This is so touching indeed. I hope more people will be able to read this and have empathy to those people in their 'golden years'.
Gracey

Soap

Soap

Please tell me who wrote this. I will write a essay about the elderly. it can be my resource. Please sent your name or nick name for 110762493@qq.com. Thank you.
Soap

Dimpy

Dimpy

I t's been really hard for me to tangle myself at one side. Somewhat, old people are a problem to the scociety for the are that so-called "purane zamane ke khyalat" thoughts of the past centuries.. they wouldn't be able to adjust with todays generation leading to family fights which might increase...
at the same time, these old people are our origin and are the ones who gve birth to us !! the took care of us and now it is our turn..

i would seriously prefer living all by my self at my old time and never b dependent on elseone... thats my plans
Dimpy

cass

cass

very touching, I completely understand the feeling of this, ad treat elderly with as ,uch respect as possible. :-)
cass

Sachin

Sachin

I belive that i'm a old man 20 years from now. One day you too would be. Treat them in such a way you expect others to treat you when you're old. Even tough my grandfather was the first to expell me from my home, I love him very much and miss him. If you have a grandparent with you know love them,because you wont able to know when you're going to leave them.
Sachin
31st Dec 10 06:12

Bakri Abdelgadir

Bakri Abdelgadir

yes every one of us one day will be old, therefore since every one of us will be so we must repect these groups to have the same respect when we are old.
But my advise to all oldery people around the world to learn about Islam & be muslims, I pet they will enjoy their elderly.

Regards,

Riyadh, KSA
Bakri Abdelgadir

rimka

rimka

the old is a very beautiful moment because a force de prendre des annees on murit et on deviens humble car les mentaliter change de nos jours les personnes agees sont de plus plus respecter
rimka

fred zitithera phiri from Mala

fred zitithera phiri from Mala

Hi people.Life is not easy to the elderly.From my small village at chintheche,Nkhata-Bay in
northern Malawi,Central Africa- the elderly are very much treared like any other human being
and are the best source of information regarding the history of our society and the youth
always come to them for a solution.So, if there is any body to be respected fist in this world
then it is the elderly because we are there because they took care of them .I wish I had
resources to support as many elderly as I could in my country.Please look at an elderly
person as the most important person the world has ever had and lt's them die piecefully.
fred zitithera phiri from Mala